4.0 out of 5 stars Good item, not the same brand.
This is a review of the 3 item bundle (DualGRIP Steady Shot Wrist Strap for Canon cameras, Microfiber cleaning cloth and Airbrush) sold by Accessory Genie.

Published on November 1, 2012 by SirCobalt

1.0 out of 5 stars You will get a different product made by Vivitar.
Published on December 7, 2011 by Joel Modelo

4.0 out of 5 stars Good item, not the same brand., November 1, 2012
This review is from: USA Gear DualGRIP Black Professional Digital & Film DSLR Camera Hand Grip Strap - Works with Canon EOS Rebel T5 , T5i , T4i , T3i , SL1 , 70D , EOS 7D Mark II , PowerShot SX530 HS , SX60 HS & More (Electronics)

The first thing I noticed upon receiving this item, as other reviewers have noted, is that this is NOT a DualGRIP brand product, but rather Vivitar. That being said, I am still very happy with this product. It seems sturdy enough since I have used it so far, the material is comfortable and doesn't bother my hand when I have it tightened up to grip the camera. Probably the worst flaw I have seen so far is that the strap which attaches to the top of the camera body can get in the way sometimes; you'll have to find a way to tuck it beneath your hand or cut the strap off where you don't need it.

Having previously only used a neck strap, it is a comfortable grip and takes the weight of the camera off your neck. Though, it can be a pain if you are going to need your hands for other purposes than shooting.

As another reviewer mentioned, the wrist strap is rather large, so if you have smaller wrists it may be a little loose on you. I have small wrists and it is loose on me, however it still functions as intended and I am able to release my grip on the camera, and still have it snugly attached to my hand.

Pros:
- Comfortable material.
- Gives you a firm grip to the camera.
- Safety wrist strap so you don't have to always grip the camera, you can relax when not shooting.

Cons:
- Item is not the same brand as labelled (not a product flaw, but tsk tsk seller).
- Wrist strap is rather large if you have smaller wrists.
- The strap connecting to the top of the camera body can get in the way.

1.0 out of 5 stars You will get a different product made by Vivitar., December 7, 2011
BUYER BEWARE.! DO NOT BUY FROM ACCESSORY GENIE! MISLEADING ADVERTISEMENT FOR THIS PRODUCT! What you will receive is a Vivitar brand wrist strap that looks different than the DUALGRIP advertised here. Even when you complain about it being the wrong product they will swear up and down that it is the correct product shipped explaining that it's the same brand, but different labeling. If you don't mind the Vivitar version, you can most likely find it elsewhere for $5 less!!! Again, do not give Accessory Genie your business. You will most certainly regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dualgrip Stedy Shot, November 7, 2011
this wrist is just great, not need to worry about droping my camera. it fits nicely on my T3i and i would really recoment this product to anyone looking for a good wrist strap.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Alternative to a Strap, November 18, 2011
Shipping was prompt. Ok I have to say rather embarrassingly, I thought I needed instructions.
But I quickly figured it and so will you just look at the picture for reference. Product is
clever and fun to use. Take it serious works very well in a photo shoot scenario...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for active shots!, December 7, 2011
This wrist strap is perfect for when I'm shooting at events. Better than the neck strap hanging or pulling on my head. Simple to put on and use, thats what I like!

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE IT, September 5, 2012
This hand grip is very strong, It hold my camera tight and I do not worry about dropping my camera. I like the feel of it and the light weight, it is much better them the neck holder I order and I believe this product will last a life time. I am very happy this item. I recommend it!!!!!!!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Cool concept, effective 'sometimes', September 11, 2012
Simmer "itsme0209" (Philadelphia, PA United States) - See all my reviews
I'm not a big fan of having straps around my neck. I cant even wear turtle neck shirts. It all drives me insane. That being said, I seen this product and figured I would give it a try.

The wrist wrap attaches pretty easily, however, I do seem to have a problem adjusting the straps to fit my hand snug. The actual wrap that goes around the wrist is pretty comfortable. I own a Canon EOS Rebel T3i 18 MP CMOS APS-C Sensor DIGIC 4 Image Processor Full-HD Movie Mode Digital SLR Camera with 3.0-Inch Clear View Vari-Angle LCD and EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens and it did not feel to weight bearing with this strap attached.

As one person mentioned, the product I received was made by Vivitar. I like their products so I did not mind that I did not receive a wrist wrap that was not 'exactly' as shown in the picture. I promise, it functions just the same.

I can't say that I can see this strap being useful in a situation where you want to bring you camera along with you and you are only taking a few photos here and there such as if you are in an amusement park walking around randomly taking photos of your family. I would probably use this wrist strap more so in a situation where you are constantly taking photos and you might need you hand free for a few seconds here and there, such as a photographer taking pictures of a model and needs to fix their clothing for a shot. But even in that situation, the camera tends to swing around a bit when you don't have your hand gripped on it, and I doubt a photographer would want their investment swaying around like that.

It's a cool concept, but I don't think it will fit into everyone's situation. If it does happen to seem like a product that will benefit you, then I can say that this is a good quality strap that will last and the price can't be beat.

Hope this helps!

4.0 out of 5 stars the wrist strap makes all the difference, July 18, 2012
totally loved it, well made and strong.
the wrist strap also goes a long way inn supporting the grip.
only comment that the shape of the screw attached to the camera should be modified to accommodate big lenses, due to the shift in camera weight center

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits perfectly In My Hand!!, January 6, 2014
Awesome buy. I think this has to be the best product I got for my camera.
Love the grip and the mobility to carry my camera. I dont have to carry the stupid neckband all around like a tourist. This is an awesome product and I have not removed it from my camera ever since i hooked it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Is Good. I like it., January 11, 2012
I'd like it very much, but still is not a perfect product. it makes your camera more secure when you're not taking pictures and walk around. when you are taking pictures just don'tighten too much or you won't be able to reach certain buttons of your camera with that same hand. you must have it a little loose to operate your camera.