4.0 out of 5 stars My Family's Review
Published 11 months ago by Windmere

3.0 out of 5 stars Great idea for a game with poor interface.
Parking challenge 3d is an okay game where you guide your cars through a obstacle course (maze) trying not to hit the walls, you get 3 hits before you have to restart. Overall I think the game is okay it would be much better with a better interface for controlling your vehicle.

Pros:
Graphics are good
Sound effects are pretty good.
Only has one...
Published 11 months ago by Jason Stanhouse (Jason@stanhou...

4.0 out of 5 stars My Family's Review, April 28, 2013
This review is from: Parking Challenge 3D (App)
The controls of this game a pretty self explanatory. In the bottom left corner of the screen, slide control right or left for steering. In the bottom right corner of screen, up arrow moves car forward and down arrow moves it back. Of course, there is a stop button. There is also a tilt control option. The third control option uses a "steering wheel." In all modes, after your third bump into the wall, you must start over.

My wife and I found this game to be difficult and frustrating. In all fairness, I am hopeless when it comes to most video games. My playing ability is not an accurate gauge of how good or bad a game is. (However, if I can successfully play a game, it means everyone can.) I must say though, this game does not "drive" the same as an actual car.

My wife, who is much better at video games than I, had a hard time with this game. She also made the comment that the car in this game does not drive like a real car. Lastly, my wife feels that the turning radius of the car is not very good.

Now, my ten-year old daughter on the other hand: She has gotten past several levels. Even as I write this review, I can hear my wife and daughter screaming, "Noooo" as my daughter bumps her car for the third time. There is also some "heated discussion" between them as to how to best steer the car. I guess this game is not so bad because my daughter has gotten to the levels where her vehicles were a truck, van, and jeep. She also got to the point where you carry cargo in the back of your vehicle and you must avoid letting the cargo fall out. We're speculating that one of the top levels might have you driving a large semi truck.

My daughter has been playing this game for over an hour, so the game has some play time longevity. She's muttering to herself quite a bit though. Her most recent comment was, "Dad, you're very lucky your Kindle's screen is made of 'Gorilla Glass' because I'm going to throw your Kindle any moment now." She does not care for the tilt control option or the steering wheel control option.

We all think that the fact that my daughter has never driven an actual car before gives her an advantage in playing this game. Four star rating for the sake of my daughter. My wife and I would have given the game a two star rating. Overall, this game can be pretty tedious.

So there you have it folks. Throw everything you know about vehicle steering out the window and just "go with it." Younger players will have an advantage. The rest of us Kindle owners will indeed be glad that our screens are made out of Gorilla Glass.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great idea for a game with poor interface., April 27, 2013
This review is from: Parking Challenge 3D (App)

Pros:
Graphics are good
Sound effects are pretty good.
Only has one permission and its not an overly scary one.

Cons:
The controls feel unnatural.
After a few levels the game is unrealistic difficult do to the bad controls

This game is fairly fun but do to the unrealisticly bad controls. I find it very frustrating.

2.0 out of 5 stars No Instructions, April 28, 2013
This review is from: Parking Challenge 3D (App)
The conrols of this app are not intutive, and the screen isn't responsive to touch (Kindle Fire). The app is NOT like a driving simulator, which would have been useful. When tilting the Kindle Fire to move the car, it did not react as expected. But the most annoying thing is that written instructions, which would help users learn how to play, aren't provided. I have a lot of gaming experience, but this game was just downright frustrating. And figuring out how to make unresponsive apps work isn't my idea of fun. Challenging is one thing, but this app is a car wreck.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice graphics but controllers need to be more car like, April 28, 2013
This review is from: Parking Challenge 3D (App)
Fun but frustrating game. Frustrating because the controls were so UN-car like.

The left controller uses a steering wheel graphic but you don't turn it to control the turn the car, you slide it left and right. I instinctively kept trying to spin the wheel. A wheel or dial would be more realistic.

The right controller is three buttons, forward, reverse and stop. The buttons work but the are not arranged like a real car's. The buttons are setup in two rows; the top row has the forward button, and the bottom row has the stop and reverse. To be more car like the forward and stop should be paired together(like pedals on a car) and the reverse set off by itself.

The aerial view of the game is also a challenge, a view from behind the steering wheel of the car would be more realistic.

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty cool!, August 1, 2012
This review is from: Parking Challenge 3D (App)
This game is really addicting. Although it is kind of hard at first, once you get the hang of it, it's pretty fun. The 3D graphics are pretty sweet and the cars are really nice. One thing I don't like is there is really no reward. Maybe you get an award after getting 3 stars on every level, but some of them are super hard. So, if you are a fan of cars and getting around opsticles( this is not a racing game) this is a good game for you.

4.0 out of 5 stars typical driving/parking app, April 28, 2013
R. KINNAMAN (White City, Oregon USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Parking Challenge 3D (App)
App seems to work fine. Yes controls are odd, but were on a tablet and not in real life.
Hey, its only a 50 cent app.
Good for kids to play on. Controls are simple and not much instruction is needed to begin.

2.0 out of 5 stars Eh., July 18, 2013
Ariana Donaldson (Woodstock, GA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Parking Challenge 3D (App)
The game is actually quite difficult to navigate even on my Samsung Note II. I also used it on my Kindle Fire and I still got the same results. Will eventually uninstall.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great app!, April 28, 2013
This review is from: Parking Challenge 3D (App)
The app is fun and requires you to be very precise. Controls are fine. The people who complain about them clearly never played car games before or need to learn to use both hands at the same time, like the majority of new games requires now.

If you have no problem using two hands at once, like cars and can figure out basic controls without explicit instructions (i.e. press gas to go forward) then you will enjoy this game!

2.0 out of 5 stars Barely qualifies as a game., April 28, 2013
This review is from: Parking Challenge 3D (App)
This game features absolutely horrible user interface. They didn't even include sound options. Which would've been nice considering how obnoxious the sound is. I'm glad I got to try this game for free thanks to Amazon. Because had I paid for this, it would've been down to just one star. If the developers polish this game and give it more time, this game would be an ok addition to anyone's collection.

4.0 out of 5 stars fun, May 1, 2013
Ixthus46 (Edgewood, KY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Parking Challenge 3D (App)
Fun game but challenging. Takes a bit of time to get the skill and coordination down. But fun after you learn it.

ARRAY(0x9d45a1b0)