5.0 out of 5 stars Another "Duck and Goose" Winner
Published on December 31, 2012 by Susan G. Good

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
This is a story about how friends interrupt over and over again to offer ideas before the main character tells them what he needs. My 2-year-old doesn't understand it, and never wants to read it. Other Duck and Goose books are her favorites, but this one was a miss.
Published 17 months ago by S. Biljan

5.0 out of 5 stars Another "Duck and Goose" Winner, December 31, 2012
This review is from: Duck & Goose, Goose Needs a Hug (Board book)
My 3 and a half year old grandson is a "Duck and Goose" lover - make that a "rabid fan!!" He has all the books in Tad Hills' series and seriously checks the back of each book (where the entire series is listed) to make sure he has every "D&G" book in the collection. He was fairly distraught when he discovered that he would have to wait for Hills to write the next book in the series. We checked Amazon.com frequently to see if perhaps another book had been published. Imagine our ecstacy when we discovered that "Goose Needs a Hug" would be released on 12/26/12. I immediately pre-ordered the book and amazingly, it arrived in the mail on 12/26/12. Despite all of his other Christmas presents, my little guy carried around "Goose needs a Hug" all day.
Those of you with older (3+) "Duck and Goose" fans, be advised that this is a cardboard book. Some of the books in the series are available in "paper page" books that are a little more appropriate for older kids. This little deterrent did not stop me from even thinking twice about ordering this book.
For those of you unfamiliar wth the "Duck and Goose" series, please read my (and many, many others') previous reviews. Duck and Goose and their little friends are adorable and each book in the series has a different message, all appropriate for kids from age 2 and up (or maybe even younger!). Tad Hills' books encourage both critical thinking and helping children to understand emotions and consequences of behavior. "Goose needs a Hug" is no different. This book (as do the others) really "speaks" to my grandson (and to me!). The author seems to understand what kids understand. I hope I've made it clear that I love Duck and Goose books and "Goose needs a Hug" did not disappoint. Perhaps Tad Hills could write the next Duck and Goose book a little faster!

5.0 out of 5 stars My 20 month old grandson LOVES this book, January 27, 2013
This review is from: Duck & Goose, Goose Needs a Hug (Board book)
My 20 month old grandson loves all "Duck & Goose" books and after just a couple weeks has this one memorized. He brings it to me to read to him every week.

5.0 out of 5 stars A big hit with the 3 year old in my life, December 31, 2012
This review is from: Duck & Goose, Goose Needs a Hug (Board book)
We love Duck and Goose at this house. We have all of Tad Hill's books and this was another sweet addition to the set. My 3 is very happy to give and get a hug at the end of the book. We talk about feelings and if someone might just need a hug. A must for all preschoolers out there.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, August 13, 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Review Posted at Gaga's Corner, July 2, 2013
Duck and Goose, Goose Needs a Hug by Tad Hills
*A review copy of this book was viewed from Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review*

Goose is feeling sad and his friends want to cheer him up. The problem is they aren't listening to him and though all their suggestions are fun, it isn't what Goose wants. When he finally gets a chance to tell them he just needs a hug, they all happily agree.

This is a cute book with lots of colorful pictures. The story is great and teaches the children the importance of listening to their friends. We don't always know what someone needs unless we stop and take the time to really listen to them. It also shows them that it's ok to ask for a hug anytime.

Even though the book seemed a little young for her, Lilly really liked it. We give Duck and Goose, Goose Needs a Hug 4 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Grandchild's favorite series, January 4, 2013
This review is from: Duck & Goose, Goose Needs a Hug (Board book)
I can't wait to get more Duck and Goose books to add to my great grand daughter's collection. She grabs these books and crawls to her mother's lap every chance she gets. They are beautifully done and the moral story is priceless in each one. The stuffed dolls of Duck and Goose just add to her enjoyment. Well done!

5.0 out of 5 stars Tad Hills - "Duck & Goose, Goose Needs a Hug", January 16, 2013
This review is from: Duck & Goose, Goose Needs a Hug (Board book)
This is a precious book with a wonderful story line that is perfect for our 18 month old twins... Giving hugs is a BIG thing in our household so I'm glad to see a book that focuses just on that.

Patti P.
Tampa, Florida

5.0 out of 5 stars Duck & Goose - never disappoint!, January 1, 2013
This review is from: Duck & Goose, Goose Needs a Hug (Board book)
Duck & Goose - Goose needs a Hug came the day after Christmas (as promised). The grandkids were still here and the two 2-year old boys and even our 5 year old LOVED the story....had to read it over and over again!

5.0 out of 5 stars Gift for Granddaughters, January 19, 2013
This review is from: Duck & Goose, Goose Needs a Hug (Board book)
These books are wonderful. My granddaughter loves them, she just turned 19 months old and now ask for the books she wants read to her. Great pictures, many things to point to and talk about!

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE these books!, January 15, 2013
This review is from: Duck & Goose, Goose Needs a Hug (Board book)
I just have to say how much I LOVE these books!!!! I teach 1 to 2 year olds in a Daycare and they love them just as much!

Duck & Goose, Goose Needs a Hug
Duck & Goose, Goose Needs a Hug by Tad Hills (Board book - December 26, 2012)
$6.99 $6.29