Published on February 3, 2012 by Marissa Ivy

1.0 out of 5 stars Wanted to love this tape
I wanted to love this tape but I don't. I tried applying it to moving boxes as I was moving some books into storage and before I could even load the books into the boxes the tape kept peeling off. I tried using the tape for other applications but still it refuses to stick anything down. I don't understand how people can love this tape. It doesn't even work.
Published 1 month ago by J. Jackson

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish I'd found this tape much sooner--cheaper and MUCH better!, February 3, 2012
This review is from: Duck HP260 High Performance Carton Sealing Tape, 1.88 Inch Wide x 60 Yard Rolls, 3 Pack, 655074 (Office Product)
This is one of those times when I've been paying a high price for something that wasn't working--Scotch high-end, thicker tape--and found that it was hard to get it to even stay on boxes so I used even more. I tried this after doing a lot of research and was not disappointed. True, I agree with one reviewer who mentioned that it has an "aroma" that's less than desirable--but you're only up close and personal with it while you're sealing your package. It takes so much less effort and sticks much better; I truly wish I had known about it sooner. I've used both Scotch's Premium and Super Strength and they seem to have some labeling and branding confusion as I even called the company to find out the differences as I would order one name and what would be delivered from office-supply stores had the other name on it. Apparently, they're either deliberately keeping both brands out there but are causing lots of confusion. Those days are gone as I've now found this great Duck tape on Amazon.

I've now ordered more but went with the great 6 pack with the bonus 2 rolls for a total of 8 from Amazon and saved more than $ .60/roll.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very High Performance, May 29, 2011
This tape definitely has earned the right to pat itself on the back here.

Amazingly strong and very adhesive packing tape, far better quality than most i've used.

Only down side is it smells as strongly as it works, but who's buying tape based on it's odor?

5.0 out of 5 stars The best packing tape that I've ever used, August 11, 2012
I just went through my thirteenth household move and this tape is BY FAR this best that I've ever used. It's much better than the stuff moving companies give out and it's no more expensive. This tape is worth it's weight in gold. I packed large boxes full of my heavy cookware, books, DVDs & much more- not one box even dented, let alone fell apart on me. I put some of this tape over & around my open lotion & other pump bottles to prevent leakage or spills- not one leak occurred, for the first time ever during a move to a new home. This could probably hold a building together if need be. If only my nerves & body held together as well during the move as my boxes sealed up with this tape did!

This is a little harder to remove than regular tape when unpacking, so keep that in mind. Ladies, it will absolutely ruin your manicure if you try to remove it without scissors or a box cutter, so don't even bother trying to tear this off without a cutting tool. This is tough tape. On the plus side, you can get away with using less of this on your packages than with normal tape, as this seals cardboard tight like nobody's business. I will never use any other tape to send things off in the mail, pack boxes up for a move or close products tight without spillage or leaking. Amazing stuff!

5.0 out of 5 stars great packing tape to have on hand, February 12, 2014
Works great in a tape gun and keeps boxes closed well for shipping. Like that it was cheap and there are 3 rolls. Never gonna run out of packing tape again and have to wrap a big box in duct tape! Yeah it has a little bit of a weird smell but what tape/glue type thing doesn't? Just buy it and stop wasting your time researching tape. You found the one you should buy right here.

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong, does the job, May 9, 2012
I ship a lot of packages for my small business and this packing tape does the trick with being cheap but very tough. I don't need to tape boxes twice or even three times to trust that my product won't fall out during shipment. Good stuff, I recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tape!, June 15, 2011
Brian C. Newman (Colorado Springs, CO USA) - See all my reviews
This is the best tape for your money. Very strong and sticks easily. I had a lot of problems with the national brand tape that is well-known. Duck tape has always been higher quality for me. Highly recommend!

1.0 out of 5 stars Wanted to love this tape, June 22, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Beats Scotch brand, hands down, December 21, 2013
As a seller on eBay, I can tell you that this stuff is the best tape I have ever used. It is very sticky, and provides an excellent seal. I am always 100% confident that this will keep my boxes sealed. This tape is also rather thick, and rarely sticks on the roll to the point that you have to pick at it for the next 10 minutes. One piece of this tape has the same effect as 3 pieces of Scotch brand. I know this because I daily have to use Scotch brand at my work, and it is terrible. The tape constantly sticks to the roll and yet when you put the tape on actual cardboard, the stick is practically nonexistent. I generally have to tape the boxes 3-4 times the tape that Duck brand would.

Overall, if you are looking for great quality tape at a decent price, this is the way to go!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best packaging tape --- WAY better than Scotch, July 29, 2013
Whether you're sending packages in the mail, or moving an entire house, this is your best option for packaging tape. I've tried all the different kinds of Scotch packaging tape ("for moving", "for packing", etc) and none of them compare to HP260 by Duck. Scotch tape will fall off your boxes if you leave them for a few days, but HP260 just stays put.

It will fit easily on old Scotch packaging tape dispensers.

5.0 out of 5 stars More than I usually buy at one time but the price was great., February 9, 2012
Purchasing three rolls of duct tape at one time is a bit unusal but at that price, I knew it would be used. The price was great, the items were promptly shipped, and I received the items quickly. The tape will keep for a long time if it is not subjected to huge temperature variations or moisture. It comes in handy to reinforce storage boxes and a multitude of otherjobs. I like to keep a roll handy and with the cost of gasoline, those extra trips to the store are costly.

Rate and Discover Movies