5.0 out of 5 stars Duck Brand Tape
We use a large quantity of Duck Brand High Performance packaging tape. Being a food distributor we have boxes that are refrigerated and frozen. This tape seals well in the cooler and freezer. Most other tapes do not fair well in below zero temperatures.
Published on December 8, 2009 by Daniel Chase

1.0 out of 5 stars Brittle and sticks to itself. What an ordeal.
Published on May 11, 2007 by lighten_up_already2

5.0 out of 5 stars Duck Brand Tape, December 8, 2009
Daniel Chase "DAN1" (West Salem, Wis USA) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Former FedEx Employee's Opinion, January 28, 2012
I used to work for FedEx for three years. They make you take a packing and shipping course that is created by engineers who have figured out the safest way to pack a box. With that said, I was a bit skeptical using any tape other than what I was used to. This tape is very strong and has great tack. It doesn't break into little stripes or fray off the roll. I would always make sure to buy 3.0 mil+. This tape is veryyy clear; like a glass of water. Not that it really matters to me, but it might to someone else. In short, I would rate this tape a 10. As a comparison, I would rate FedEx's "engineered" tape a 9.

5.0 out of 5 stars this tape just works!!, June 23, 2009
just a quickie review. I had doubts if this tape would work as well as the Scotch premium, but based on other Duck product reviews, I decided to give it a try, esp. with the great price value. I do a lot of EBAY shipping, and always use new cartons. This tape is easier to handle(being thicker) and actually sticks better. Very impressed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish I'd found this tape much sooner--cheaper and MUCH better!, February 3, 2012
This review is from: Duck Brand HP260 High Performance 3.1 Mil Packaging Tape, 1.88-Inch x 60-Yard Roll, Crystal Clear, 3 Rolls (655074) (Office Product)
This is one of those times when I've been paying a high price for something that wasn't working--Scotch high-end, thicker tape--and found that it was hard to get it to even stay on boxes so I used even more. I tried this after doing a lot of research and was not disappointed. True, I agree with one reviewer who mentioned that it has an "aroma" that's less than desirable--but you're only up close and personal with it while you're sealing your package. It takes so much less effort and sticks much better; I truly wish I had known about it sooner. I've used both Scotch's Premium and Super Strength and they seem to have some labeling and branding confusion as I even called the company to find out the differences as I would order one name and what would be delivered from office-supply stores had the other name on it. Apparently, they're either deliberately keeping both brands out there but are causing lots of confusion. Those days are gone as I've now found this great Duck tape on Amazon.

I've now ordered more but went with the great 6 pack with the bonus 2 rolls for a total of 8 from Amazon and saved more than $ .60/roll.

5.0 out of 5 stars I am SO STUCK on this tape., April 10, 2011
I ship packages often, and needed a cost effective, easy to use, QUALITY product. This tape is PERFECT! It is the perfect thickness to handle without creasing on the packages, and once it sticks it is STUCK FOR GOOD. I always worried about other poor quality brands I had used in the past, because if I made a mistake I could sometimes just peel up my mistake and start over. If I could remove it, I wondered if others could remove it or if it stayed stuck tight for a UPS trip, which, rumor has it, CAN BE ROUGH ;)
I won't purchase anything else. Folks who are getting my packages say they arrive in GREAT shape, much better than in the past. If you have a need to ship and want your clients to be happy their packages stayed intact, this is your product!
NOTE, I also find because this tape is such good quality a little goes a LONG WAY, a little dab will do you. Instead of wrapping around the whole package to "make sure it stays shut" I now just do the seam on the bottom of the box and the seam on the top. It holds, NO PROBLEM, so I am using much less tape. GREAT PRODUCT, I will be using this Duck brand HP260 High performance grade packing tape from now on.

1.0 out of 5 stars Brittle and sticks to itself. What an ordeal., May 11, 2007
I bought some of this brand of tape to save some money compared to that other leading famous brand of clear sealing tape. What I got were rolls of tape that looked the same but were brittle. That means that the tape split as I was pulling it off the roll, making me pick at the strip still sticking to the roll and starting it over. I wasted so much time with this tape that I made up my mind to pay extra and buy that other leading brand that I never had this problem with.

The only way I can qualify this review is that perhaps the rolls I got were too old to be sold. Perhaps they had been in storage too long. But after what I've been through using this tape, I can't bring myself to buy it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good tape., December 19, 2010
It's thick, Sticky, and sticks well even on on cold cardboard box's. I've used thinner tape that stuck just fine, but had issues with them not working well with tape dispensers. This tape does. It has a smell to it when you use it, sharp, reminds me of 100% silicone, or a very slight smell of vinegar. I don't find the smell objectionable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Says 3 Mils and is (compared to 3 mil 3M tape) at least 3 Mils if not thicker., March 5, 2013
Keith R. Douglas "Hopelessly lost, but making... (BP's Dumpground (i.e., the Florida salt marsh)) - See all my reviews
I bought this tape because 3M has several different grades of tape which used to be sold as "Packaging" tape. After wasting 20 minutes reading reviews on Amazon about being careful regarding buying from this or that vendor because they were advertising heavy 3M packaging tape and then shipping 1.5 or 2 mil tape, I was about to give up and head to the local BJs or Home Depot, when I ran across the description for this 3 MIL TAPE!

Took a chance and ordered it. Great price, fast delivery in a cardboard box to preserve the tape edge integrity. For the acid test: I placed a piece on a granite countertop next to the 3 Mil 3M product I had and this Duck Brand tape was maybe a little thicker than the 3M tape. (A normal human fingerprint can feel differences to a few ten-thousandths of an inch, so this is a valid measurement without having to get tape on your micrometer!) Have now used two rolls of this tape and it is superb!

Highly recommended! Please buy this and any product which short-circuits the scammers who advertise one thing and ship an inferior substitute. Also - please report them (scammers) so Amazon can help with the problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars SOOO much better than anything else, February 25, 2013
I have been buying this tape based on the reviews and my own personal experience and success with this tape.

For those who don''t know the difference, Good Packing tape needs to be thick, real sticky, and won't tear. Being quiet to un-roll is nice too.

Last week I realized I forgot to buy more of this HP260, and made a trip to Office Depot to try some "High-Quality" shipping tape they have, just to get me through the week.

Worst mistake I could have made. I guess I'm spoiled with this awesome Duck Brand tape, but I might as well throw the Scotch stuff away. With this Scotch tape from the store I have to double tape everything, it tears from the roll instead of cutting, it's so thin it feels like it will break, and it makes an awful screeching sound if you pull it too hard; even though it was advertized as 'low-noise'. I paid quite a bit more for this tape since it was at a "brick and mortar" store.

I guess you don't know how great something is until you have to live without it. I was just placing my order for 8 more rolls, only stopping to make this review!

Conclusion: Don't trust any other tape with your shipping needs!

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST TAPE I HAVE EVER USED!, January 14, 2013
Because this tape is so Amazing, I am taking the time to write my first review. This tape is great!! I ship a ton of items out of my home for my online business and this is the best tape I have ever found. It is a great product for an even better price. You will not be disappointed!