Duck Brand Bubble Wrap Original Protective Packaging, 12 Inches Wide x 30-Feet Long, Single Roll (393251)
Size Name: 12 in. x 30 ft.Style Name: Original 3/16" BubbleChange
Price:$4.97 + Free shipping (Addon item)

on March 10, 2010
Size Name: 12 in. x 30 ft.Style Name: Original 3/16" BubbleVerified Purchase
I do a lot of shipping for personal and business sales, so of course I use bubble wrap as if the world was running out. Almost every office supply store has gotten in on offering their own bubble wrap. I first started with buying the generic store brand and yes, it did do its job, but I just wasn't 100% happy. I felt as if it was going to fall apart or make the package's contents look unprofessional. I tried Scotch bubble wrap, but they charge too much for even a small roll.

Before buying bubble wrap, you first have to figure out what type you want to use:

1) Big bubbles: This wrap has the BIG bubbles and is best used as a cushion around large items that you
wrap with smaller bubble bubble wrap.
2) Small bubbles: This is the small bubble type. Great for everyday use, and there really isn't anyway that you mess up using it.
3) Stick to itself: This type is great as it seems to be stronger, but can be aggravating as it sticks to itself. This can cause waste as your frustration grows and you throw it out and start over with a new piece. When you have learned to use this type, you will see that it is very useful when you want to wrap something fragile tightly, and more secure.

The Duck brand bubble wrap is my favorite brand to use. It is consistently lower is price whenever you can find it, and the price vs. length of roll is a better choice than store brand or even the Scotch brand.
Not only does The Duck brand make great bubble wrap, their packaging tape is impressive. The tape is also always cheaper than the other brands.

Overall, I recommend this product for: great quality, does the job and does it well, better price and longer lengths for the price. In case you are interested, I only recommend items that I would recommend to my Grandmother. If I don't think she would use it, then I don't buy it!
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on May 15, 2013
Size Name: 12 in. x 175 ft.Style Name: Original 3/16" BubbleVerified Purchase
I have ordered from this same exact product page 3 times, and I get something different each time. The first time I actually got the "Duck Brand 1053440 12-Inch by 175 Feet Bubble Wrap" as shown and advertised. The 2nd time I got some bubble wrap in a box called "Polyair" and the material is not the same - it stretches when the Duck brand does not and so does not perform the same way when I am using it. The 3rd time I now get something completely wrapped in saran wrap, with no actual brand or manufacturing labels. It appears to be not as wide as the previous 2 rolls I received, so I have no idea if its actually 175 feet as advertised. This was sold by "The boxery" and I see that the current vendor selling this exact same product is even different now. The vendors keep changing, the product keeps changing, but its not the original product.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on August 15, 2013
Size Name: 12 in. x 150 ft.Style Name: Original 3/16" BubbleVerified Purchase
Every time I check the price of this bubble wrap on Amazon the price changes drastically. First time I ordered some it was about 8.97 - definitely a fair price. Shortly thereafter they lowered it to the knockout price of $5.16 with prime and I stocked up on a several rolls (shipping took forever, however, because it was backordered). Now it's clear up to 16.97! I will not buy at that price.
The bubble wrap is decent - it does not cling, however, so keep that in mind if that's what you're looking for. I do a fair amount of shipping and this bubble wrap is great for small to medium sized items. The only reason I didn't give 5 stars, is due to amazon's somewhat irritating, random, and erratic price hikes.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 28, 2013
Size Name: 24 in. x 35 ft.Style Name: Original 3/16" BubbleVerified Purchase
Saw a blog where someone recommended using this on their windows in the winter to help keep heat in. I've done the "shrink wrap" on my windows nearly all my life, but this was something new.
I was almost hoping the bubble-wrap would come wrapped in bubble-wrap (oh the irony!) but alas, it just had the heavy paper in there with it.
The bubbles were all filled (popped a couple dozen just to check ;)) and cut it into pieces and taped onto my windows. Worked a lot better than I would have thought, and noticed a good amount of heat behind my window curtains when I checked.
I know most people will be ordering this for shipping purposes, but if you're in a cooler climate I recommend using a few strips of this and putting it on your windows in addition to whichever shrink-wrap you choose.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on April 22, 2009
Size Name: 12 in. x 175 ft.Style Name: Original 3/16" BubbleVerified Purchase
It's bubble wrap. What more can I tell you? Bottom line, with only one other review, I was a bit reticent about buying this. I like to see lots of reviews. But, I was moving, and needed a ton of bubble wrap fast, and I'm pretty sure I could get it with Amazon Prime, so I did. The stuff is great. It's a much smaller package than you'd expect, and very light, so don't worry - you won't be receiving some massive box. Other than that, it's good bubble wrap. Same as the stuff you get at the local copy shop. In fact, I later found out that prices were pretty comparable at that local copy shop (perhaps a tad cheaper here). Anyway, it's a totally legit product and company. If the price is right, buy it with confidence.
on October 21, 2014
Size Name: 12 in. x 150 ft.Style Name: Original 3/16" BubbleVerified Purchase
Heard about bubble wrapping widows to cut down on heating cost at the end of the season last year and I decided to give it a try this year. I live and MI and last year we got hit so hard with the cold and snow and our heating bills were like 300 a month for the 6 month season. It's easy to put up, you just get a spray bottle with water and a little bit of dish soap, mist your window bubble side in,it sticks to the window without tape. cut off the excess, your done. I noticed a difference right away in the different rooms I did, It also works as a privacy barrier. They say you get 1R per window when this is done. They also say you can use any bubble wrap you don't have to buy it in other words. I wish I could update my review after this season to tell you all if it made a difference in my heating bill or not, but as it goes we don't know if it will be the same weather or if the price of gas will go up. Here's wishing a mild winter for us all.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Size Name: 12 in. x 150 ft.Style Name: Original 3/16" BubbleVerified Purchase
At $15.27 currently, this represents about $1.72-$2.72 savings from when I purchased the Staples brand product in person. Plus it's kind of funny have to have bubble wrap delivered to you. What is it protecting on that journey, a cardboard tube? Must be the most valuable cardboard tube in the world to have 150 feet of bubblewrap protecting it. One cardboard tube to rule them all.

Don't know if I'm paying extra for the "duck brand", nor do I know what the means. But none of my expensive artwork (Philyosister's paintings, New York Giants Sports Illustrated Covers, Eli Manning autographed seatbacks - you know, all the stuff you find in the Met) was damaged during my recent apartment move.

Oh and as the title says, Mrs. Philyodaddy loves when I pop these for days. She doesn't find it irritating at all. Just last night she said "This behavior makes me question everything". POP! Profound thoughts coming up next. Pop! I don't think she likes it quite as much as when I force her to watch the original Star Wars trilogy, but I mean, how could she?

Anyway, good quality bubbz
on August 22, 2010
Size Name: 12 in. x 30 ft.Style Name: Original 3/16" BubbleVerified Purchase
I would have never believed that I would someday order bubble wrap to be delivered to my door but with amazon prime shipping, I did and it saved me a short trip out.

The Duck Brand bubble wrap is a good quality product which protected a pair of expensive plates shipped (and arrived safely) overseas.
on September 7, 2013
Size Name: 12 in. x 150 ft.Style Name: Original 3/16" BubbleVerified Purchase
We recently moved and had to put a bunch of our stuff in storage. This came in very handy to wrap up our large picture frames and serving dishes that we won't need until we get to our new house.
The perforated 12in sections were especially handy so we didn't need scissors to cut it.
on June 23, 2010
Size Name: 12 in. x 60 ft.Style Name: Original 3/16" BubbleVerified Purchase
As previous reviewer noticed, this BubbleWrap has small bubbles, so it will work better with smaller items. If you send something relatively big, you'd rather go with bigger bubbles as you may need several layers of smaller ones to nicely protect your stuff.
Duck Brand is respected for its quality and this product is no exception. Despite some missing bubbles, it's a pretty decent product and it'll meet your needs.

offtop: I've wasted one roll just by popping bubbles on it, it's so much fun :-)

See 1 answered question