5.0 out of 5 stars Works fine for lightweight posters
Published on October 10, 2011 by Lambpost

1.0 out of 5 stars did not work
Maybe I got a bad batch or something, but this does not work. It was not very sticky at all. I used have a pack and it still would not hold a laminated poster to the wall.
Published on August 24, 2012 by ACS

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Works fine for lightweight posters, October 10, 2011
This review is from: Duck Brand Removable/Reusable Poster Putty, 2-Ounce, White (1436911) (Office Product)
I got this stuff to hold up some posters in my room. The stuff works pretty good for posters but I doubt it would hold anything up heavier then a poster. Its much better then using tape and is easy to remove, and doesn't damage the poster. You can use it sparingly - I put a piece the size of a pea on each corner of the posters, and after hanging 7 or 8 posters, I had only used about 1/4 of the package, and I probably could have used even less.

If you need to hang some standard paper posters, this stuff will work fine. If its anything heavier, I would use something else. This product was cheaper then the other brands, but I think it works just as good. Everything by the Duck brand that i've used has been equivalent or better then other, more expensive name brands.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great For Hanging Planets In Kids Room Too!, August 31, 2012
Typically, poster putty is used to hang posters so you don't rip the poster or pull the drywall off the wall, but we used it to hang some miniature planets in my 3 year old's room.

The putty is slightly sticky to the touch, about half of what you'd expect if you touched the back of a piece of scotch tape. To give an idea of how much it can hold, it says to use 4 tabs of putty per 1/4 lb of weight. It's also good to use on the following surfaces: wood, tile, linoleum, cinderblock, paneling, chalkboards, metal, plastic, porcelain, and glass.

The nice thing about it is that it won't dry out. Once you've opened the package, you don't have to worry about resealing it. The next time you need to use it, just pull it out and you should be good to go.

1.0 out of 5 stars did not work, August 24, 2012
ACS (Oakland, CA) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars This putty stuff is great for your posters and photos A+++, February 24, 2014
This sticky or putty like stuff is perfect for your photos and posters! I remember this when I was a kid. Still works to this day and no mess!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfect, April 16, 2014
I am a wedding photographer and I use this for my ring shots. The stuff works perfect. We use it to get the rings to stand up. I love it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Large posters fall off the wall, April 15, 2014
I use this to mount my son's school artwork and works fine for that. I have tried to hang several posters and no mater how much I use and how many places I put it on the back of the poster is separates and the posters end up on the floor. Its not a mater of the putty pealing away from the surface of the poster or the wall. The putty itself separates leaving a little adhering to the wall and a little to the poster,

5.0 out of 5 stars Multitude of uses!, April 5, 2014
I primarily use this poster putty for keeping frames and canvases from hanging crooked on our walls. After I hang an item on the wall, I put a ball of poster putty in the bottom right and left corners and press the item in place. No slipping or sliding or crooked art work. I prefer the white poster putty to the blue; sometimes the blue putty leaves a residue on your walls and has to be painted over.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, December 17, 2013
I have textured walls and this works like a charm w/ large postures. A little resistant to pulling apart, but very adhesive

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as sticky as I expected, August 24, 2013
Rebecca A. Hansen (Reardan, WA, United States) - See all my reviews
This product did the job just fine, but I'm finding it's not as sticky as the blue stuff I used last year.

1.0 out of 5 stars Mmmm.. it doesn't work, January 23, 2013
Quoc Doan "deviantprogrammer" (Golden State, America F yeah) - See all my reviews
I put a lot of this sucker over my poster and it doesn't work. Over night it fell off and rip my poster.

Maybe I've read it wrong but anyway, it doesn't work for my poster, so I give this a 1 star.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›