5.0 out of 5 stars Quack up with the Swami!, May 8, 2000
This review is from: Duck Soup for the Soul : The Way of Living Louder and Laughing Longer (Paperback)
With just the right humorous spice and some very ducky spiritual stock, Swami Beyondananda (aka Steve Bhaerman) mixes up a batch of healing stories that build strong funny bones and remind us to increase the laugh-force on the planet. Each chapter is as funny as it is wise, as you can intuit from the Swami's advice that we can alter our own reality (and the reality of those around us) by Making Fools of ourselves, remembering to Tell-A-Vision, being Esteem-Generators, and Committing Random Acts of Comedy and Beautiful Nonsense. Have fun learning how to drive your own Karma... while making sure you don't run over anyone else's Dogma!

5.0 out of 5 stars "Duck Soup" beats a Stew anytine!, November 17, 2006
John R. Wilson (Raleigh, NC, USA) - See all my reviews
I read this book a while back, but today I was reminded of its significance. When the drive-thru at my favorite fast-food restaurant was swamped with cars, when a large SUV drove the wrong way through the narrow driveway and when I ended up behind a boat festooned with a grass skirt, I remembered Steve's counsel that our purpose for being in this life is to gather comedy "material." My friend and I drove away laughing so hard we made strange snorting noises, could hardly catch our breath, and had to peek through our eyelashes to even see where we were going. If you do not think life is all that funny, then I recommend this book. Perhaps your "jestive system" is clogged and in need of treatment. You can find the needed remedy in "Duck Soup for the Soul."

5.0 out of 5 stars Very clever author, November 24, 2013
I love this author!--many laughs! This author is unbelievably clever with words and ideas. His work, a treasure to read more than once.

4.0 out of 5 stars It was a a good book with fun ideas, May 8, 2014
It was a a good book with fun ideas. I would recommend it for anyone who wants to get a lift in their day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Swami does it well, January 13, 2013
Sumoflam (Lexington, KY) - See all my reviews
I always enjoy the Swami's comedic self-help books. He always puts the FUN in fundamentalism! Share the thoughts with others!

5.0 out of 5 stars Made Me Break My Vow of Silence With Loud Raucous Laughter, August 22, 2012
Everyone knows that Swami Beyondananda is at least the Second Funniest Comic Swami in the Universe. With this book he proves he just might be the funniest (sometimes).

I first met the Swami when, in a previous incarnation, he saved me from being eaten by the lions in the coliseum in ancient Rome with, as usual, an outrageous pun.

Just as the brawny beasts were closing in on me at the Open Mike, despite my protestations that I was about as religious as Richard Dawkins, he pretended to answer his cellphone, much to the mystification of lions and gladiators alike, since the only form of communication at that time was basically grunts, trumpets, and cries of painful death, and said:

"Tell Dino that I'd love to be in his next Sword and Sandals Epic, but right now I'm performing at -- well, just tell him I'll Call And See Him!"

Which actually felled several of the brawny beasts right on the spot. At that point, he snapped his fingers and in came his royal litter with the whole muscular nubian slave Woody Strode thing complete with lovely nymphs scattering rose petals and season tickets to the Nicks carrying the two of us to Sardi's where we shared a couple of drinks and laughed at the vicissitudes of mortal existence, whereupon, after suddenly dissolving in a flash of smoke and a puff of light, the Swami left me with the bill, which I was only too glad to pay, considering how he had saved my fat from the fire, and delicious fat it was too as I recall.

Suffice to say, this is the book that asks the burning question, Why A Duck?, and then proceeds to answer it with all the powerful profundity and peerless panache we have come to expect from the Swami. I am sure that all those who buy this book will not be disappointed, and I know that much of the proceeds will go to the Swami's favorite charity, the Send Swami B To The Riviera Fan Club, of which I happen to be a card-carrying member, since the man is the greatest comic in history, at least until my next reincarnation.

Love ya, Swami, see you on Mars!

@;oD <--- Swami Joseph Ross, His Most Devoted Devotee

5.0 out of 5 stars Duck Soup for the Soul - Hilarious!!, December 1, 2008
I whole-heartedly believe that laughter is good for the Soul. Well Swami Beyondananda knows how to get us to laugh at challenging situations & yes - at ourselves! It is hearty, laugh out loud, stomach ache funny. IT is one of the best gifts I have bought for myself & would gleefully share with others. Namaste!!!

Duck Soup for the Soul : The Way of Living Louder and Laughing Longer
Duck Soup for the Soul : The Way of Living Louder and Laughing Longer by Swami Beyondananda (Paperback - April 1999)
Used & New from: $0.01