If you loved the original version of this game, you will love this version too.

I was SURE I would get all the trophies, even though they don't have a platinum.. but I was wrong. It's harder than the original.

Published 13 months ago by seattlecivic

3.0 out of 5 stars Tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales
Published 7 months ago by Inspector Gadget

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for nostalgia.. Just GOOD if you never played the original., November 21, 2013
This review is from: DuckTales - Remastered PS3 - PlayStation 3 (Video Game)
If you loved the original version of this game, you will love this version too.

Although they did a great job in remaking the game in HD, it seems to be harder. I was able to clear the game every time I played it on the original. I have yet to beat the final level on this game.. Trying to jump from rock to rock and avoiding the rising lava is very difficult, even on easy setting.

Good for nostalgia or if you are taking a break from another game.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent platformer that gets a proper retail release!, November 27, 2013
This review is from: DuckTales - Remastered PS3 - PlayStation 3 (Video Game)
I grew up in the NES days but I never got a chance to play Ducktales, (although I did play a few other of Capcom's excellent platformers at the time like Rescue Rangers). So I decided before buying the disc version to actually play the NES version. I gotta say being 33 years old and having a blast playing an NES game I've never played before really says something great about the game, (that, and getting to hear the song from "The Moon" level so many people just love. While I'd have to give the best NES music track to Wily's Castle in Mega Man 2, the moon level is definitely in my Top 10 favorite nes tracks).

Anyways its great that its a digital download but its even better than now its in a physical disc form- just like the good ol' days. :) Honestly I would rather see this kind of thing happen more often- This game and Journey CE being prime examples.

The platforming is excellent, great level design and music. Yea its kinda short but hey I can beat Sonic, 2, and 3 in an hour each and I STILL enjoy to play those games over and over and over again to this day, unlike many of the newer games that come out nowadays.

If youre into side-scrolling platformers do yourself a favor and pick this game up.

On a side note- Capcom patched the game so you can skip the rather lengthy cutscenes and jump right into the game. That was a good call on their part that to me improves my overall rating of the game.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's back and just as good as the original!!!, November 24, 2013
This review is from: DuckTales - Remastered PS3 - PlayStation 3 (Video Game)
Great remake of the prized original! Nice cell shading and great HD back drop, make this a must have for fans of the original, and new comers alike. If you are a fan of side scrollers, and ducktales especially, this is a must have to your collection. You could download this game via the playstation network,wii-u online thru nintendo, or xbox live for $14.99, or buy the actual disc based version in most stores for $19.99, either way your in for a treat, ducktales, wooo-hooo!

3.0 out of 5 stars Tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales, May 9, 2014
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: DuckTales - Remastered PS3 - PlayStation 3 (Video Game)
Of all the classic games getting HD remasters over the past few years surely Capcom could do wrong with Ducktales, a classic from the NES that I never had the privilege to play since I was loyal to Sega. The blocky 8-bit sprites are now lovely hand-drawn animations and the backgrounds are now 3D, which I found a little incongruous to begin with but they work well with each other. The DuckTales cast return to voice the characters, which gives it even more of a cartoon feel. As a remaster it's fine.

The gameplay is a bit of a let-down. It's the standard platformer controls, and virtually identical to the NES, but the collision detection is far from perfect and the lengthy cut-scenes, inserted to give the overall story more coherence, are not skippable, which begins to grate after a first play-through.

There are 20 trophies in total, and not only is there no platinum, there isn't even any gold trophies. A few of them are ruthlessly hard and the game just doesn't have enough to offer to make fighting for them worth it.

You'll probably get about 1.5 play-throughs of this game before you get bored of it. It's not bad, but there certainly is room left for improvement.

5.0 out of 5 stars Old is New Again - It Never Looked So Good, July 23, 2014
Echo (FL, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: DuckTales - Remastered PS3 - PlayStation 3 (Video Game)
Yes, I was so excited about this release that I pre-ordered it. I *pre-ordered* a Duck Tales game (and proud of it). The graphics are what you would expect for a "remastered" title from the old, original Nintendo days so that is to say I am quite pleased with the updated results. Although there are changes to the game mechanics and even the graphics it's not so much that it would bother you if you liked the original. This is just the sort of game to play for the casual gamer who doesn't mind games based on a kid's cartoon or for those of us with severe nostalgia issues (raising hand). There is still skill involved in getting through each level (just like the original) and if you can play this without singing the theme song then I tip my hat to you, sirs and madams (because I can't - I STILL know all the words ;)

4.0 out of 5 stars Remaster Quack Shot!, April 19, 2014
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: DuckTales - Remastered PS3 - PlayStation 3 (Video Game)
I got this game same reason I got castle of illusion. For the nostalgia factor. I never had this game however, see I was thinking of Quack shot. But the game did make me remember the tv show.

For gameplay, it's the same as all the old games. Real easy, It's all about timing. I thought the mechanics for the controls all work real well. graphics are good.

Far as play time and level design, its honestly everything you would expect from a remake of this game. nothing to crazy, no in depth levels and story, its still an old game for sure. 6 levels each maybe 20-25 min. now it's beat I proly won't ever play it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Game., June 1, 2014
This review is from: DuckTales - Remastered PS3 - PlayStation 3 (Video Game)
I bought this for my boyfriend. He played this when it was first brought out and when he found out the game had been remastered he wanted to see what it was like. He really liked the game and so did I. It looks great and its fun to play.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5/5 just for the music on The Moon level, April 24, 2014
This review is from: DuckTales - Remastered PS3 - PlayStation 3 (Video Game)
One of the greatest early video game tunes ever produced was the music from The Moon level in the original Ducktales for the NES. Now it's been redone and is better than ever!

The game is OK too, I guess.

5.0 out of 5 stars Relive the classic, April 10, 2014
This review is from: DuckTales - Remastered PS3 - PlayStation 3 (Video Game)
I loved Ducktales on the NES.

After getting over the nostalgic factory, this version definitely improves upon the original.

1) Pogo sticking: Pogo sticking is much easier than the original game. You can turn on hard pogo sticking if you like the nostalgic factor but it doesn't make the game any more fun.

2) Graphics are much improved. This is 90% of the reason to buy the game.

3) Some of the levels are slightly different. For example, instead of going left when you reach the top of the vines with the bees, in this version, you go right. Not a big deal. The levels are 100% recognizable and all the hidden locations are still there.

4) The money bin is nice added feature. The more money you get, the higher it fills up. Eventually, you can get it so full, it starts filling up with red diamonds.

5) The first new level (money bin) is a nice touch.

6) The new last level is nice.

7) You can buy paintings with your money. It takes a very long time to buy all the paintings so it adds some replay value.

8) My four year old and six year old love it. My four year old can almost beat a level. After buying the video game, I had to go buy them all the old dvds. They love it that much

9) Sound track is just awesome.

10) Cut scenes are annoying after the first seven times buy they can be easily skipped (wish there was an option to turn them off altogether)

Overall, great family get, great 2d side scroller, great graphics, good sound, good replay value, and appropriate for four years old to adult, If you are a fan of the original, you will love this. If you are not, you will still love this game.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Fun, April 5, 2014
MIKE BOVIA (SLIDELL, LOUISIANA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: DuckTales - Remastered PS3 - PlayStation 3 (Video Game)
My grandson loves this game he plays all the time. this is a great games for kids. Not to hard, He's Eight.

DuckTales - Remastered PS3 - PlayStation 3