Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 23, 2012 2:34:24 PM PDT
...Seriously? A map book? People are dying for the next one in the series and he blows time making a map book that won't even be out for two months?

Either the HBO series is sucking up all his time or he's slackin it. Not cool, brah. Hopefully Brian Sanderson's new Stormlight Archives doesn't suffer similar issues cause that series is gonna be amazing too.

Posted on Aug 23, 2012 7:28:28 PM PDT
krs says:
Ditto my thoughts for Martin!

Posted on Aug 27, 2012 10:26:19 AM PDT
Hey let's not forget the WildCards series and countless anthologies that he's contributing too and editing! We're only at the beginning of the 6 to 10 year wait for Winds!

Posted on Aug 31, 2012 1:08:33 PM PDT
Arthur Dayne says:
Let him take as long as he wants. The show kinda sucks but I think this book will be cool.

Posted on Oct 15, 2012 5:33:28 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 15, 2012 5:34:03 AM PDT
M. Crepeau says:
If he pulls a Robert Jordan, and dies before he finishes writing the series, I'm going to be so mad!

Posted on Oct 29, 2012 10:35:29 PM PDT
The Map and world books will be useful for fanfiction writers.

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 10:53:18 AM PST
I heard that he's taking some time off to write fan fiction about his own books.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2013 7:38:39 AM PST
Andrew D says:
To hell with the maps...give me the next book.

Posted on Feb 23, 2013 1:28:45 AM PST
J. R Weaver says:
To the original poster:

1) George Martin had zero input in this project. He may be many things (glacially slow writer among them), but he's no visual artist or cartographer. That didn't stop him from claiming all the credit for it though. Nowhere on the cover is the artist's name - Jon Roberts - featured, and despite being called on it on his blog, Martin refuses to acknowledge that he didn't really do anything on this project.

2) Brandon Sanderson. Not Brian Sanderson. For someone so enthralled with his work, I would've thought you'd actually know his name. Brah.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 24, 2013 1:38:14 PM PDT
A. Whitehead says:
Martin designed the world map (in a very rough way) and drew the rough versions of the maps, which Roberts then copied and went over professionally (as Roberts says on his blogs). Roberts's name is featured on the back cover. The title and GRRM's name is featured more prominently because that will make the book sell more.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  10
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Aug 23, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 24, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Lands of Ice and Fire (A Game of Thrones): Maps from King's Landing to Across the Narrow Sea
The Lands of Ice and Fire (A Game of Thrones): Maps from King's Landing to Across the Narrow Sea by George R. R. Martin (Poster - October 30, 2012)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (214)