Weapon Masters 1 Season 2008
Amazon Instant Video
1. Blowpipe Dating back to the beginning of mankind, the blowpipe is still used for every day survival in the depths of the Amazon.
2. Roman Scorpion Chad and Mike create a Roman Scorpion, the giant freestanding crossbow that terrorized the ancient battlefield with its flaming arrows. This machine is all about stored energy - when fired, it exploded and lurched like a striking scorpion.
3. Greek Fire Chad and Mike get volatile attempting to squirt Greek Fire from the world's first flame thrower. Bigger gas tanks, increased pressure, and modern fuel will make his floating flamethrower far more incendiary than the original.
4. Dueling Pistols Chad installs an electronic ignition in his dueling pistol, allowing him to draw and fire with lightning speed.
5. Atlatl This spear throwing device pre-dates the bow, and was used by Native Americans as their main defense against the Spanish conquistadores.
6. Katana This centuries old iconic Japanese sword is the ultimate fighting weapon. The heart of the Katana is its folded steel composite construction providing strength, sharpness and flexibility. Mike & Chad venture to Japan to meet a master sword smith.
7. Repeating Crossbow Chad and Mike go back in time to Beijing 1899 - the time of the boxer rebellion to see the machine gun of the ancient world, the Chinese repeating crossbow in action.
8. Rockets What made this cast iron, 26-pound, Civil war rocket revolutionary was its spin. By diverting some of the rocket's thrust to create spin, the Hale took advantage of the simple idea of gyroscopic force, improving both range and accuracy.
9. Chakram Mike travels deep into India to join warriors wielding the Charkram, a deadly ring-shaped weapon with a razor-sharp edge. Chad re-invents the bladed-ring with advanced materials and a mechanical launch mechanism.
10. Chariot Bow The Chariot Bow was the decisive weapon of the Egyptians, designed to be used from the crammed, unstable chariot. In the strung position, this bow resembled a triangle; when drawn, it transforms into to a perfect arc.
|Starring||Ross Bernard, John Buck|
|Supporting actors||Sam Edens, Chad Houseknecht, Mike Loades, Ed Mantell, A.J. Roberts, Dennis Strawderman|
|Producers||Sean Gallagher, Abby Greensfelder, Brian Leckey, Dara Padwo-Audick, Erin Yokel|
|Purchase rights||Stream instantly and download to 2 locations Details|
|Format||Amazon Instant Video (streaming online video and digital download)|
chad is hot and i can't believe that there have been only 100 episodes of this show!!! i want to see one million more!!!
chad, you are my hero. then and forever.
Watched one episode, not planning to go back. Just an over used formula for a show, and these characters were trying too hard.Published 13 months ago by Yeah, That Guy
Good premise, bad execution. weapon expert very good. Goofy attempts to build better weapons, poorly built just for camera shots.Published 13 months ago by eMikey0
This could be a good show if they didn't try to be dramatic. If treated with seriousness this subject is plenty dramatic all by itself.
I like learning the history of things and I like seeing how people make things better through innovation. Read morePublished 14 months ago by Amazon Customer
The program is cool. The hosts are pretty goofy and it detracts from overall appeal. I made it thorugh the first couple of episodes and lost interest.Published 17 months ago by Amazon Customer
I think I'd like it better if they did more like the katana episode where they tried to simply duplicate the ancient weapon with modern materials and less where they mount a modern... Read morePublished 17 months ago by Kevin