Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Duke Company 0400 Body Gripping Animal Traps
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Size: 4.5 Inches|Change
Price:$4.99+ $4.95 shipping

on June 6, 2011
I have trapped for 20+ years and have obviously used alot of traps. This is by far the best 110 conibear trap on the market. I use it to trap rabbits, squirrels, mink, muskrat, and even a groundhog. Love it
33 comments|16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 26, 2010
I will admit that this was an impulse purchase for me, I've never trapped an animal in my life...that being said, I have used this on sticks and even a shoe and it works nicely on those. It seems to be sturdy and well made, but one word of caution, it takes a fair amount of strength to set it by hand. Anyone who isn't very strong may want to consider buying a setting tool as well.
on February 14, 2013
This is a great trap for controlling squirrels. I live in the city and have several fruit trees on my property. It seemed like word got around in the squirrel community that my yard was an open buffet. I had cage traps which are not very effective and leave you with a frantic squirrel to release so that it can become someone else's problem ten miles away. It took a couple days for the squirrels to become accustomed the the device. I used apple cores as my bait. After 3 days of the trap being outside, the squirrels suddenly started going for the bait. I have only had one instance where the trap was triggered but didn't result in a capture.

Do not let the size of these fool you. They are strong traps and not a toy. Unfortunately, I learned the hard way when it snapped shut on the nail bed of my ring finger. :-( After lots of ice and first aid creme, it is healing up fine.

The strong action of these traps result in a quick clean kill similar to that of a mouse trap. Setting them is easy, but it am very nervous about accidentally triggering it once it is set.

These are made of mild steel which means they are prone to rust if not cared for properly. Mine was outside on our deck during a small snow and was covered in surface rust the next day. I was able to remove it all with a scotch-brite pad and WD-40. I need to look up the proper way to maintain these traps in wet environments. I do wish they made them in stainless steel.
on February 18, 2013
Terrorized by squirrels. This will do the trick. Trapp is well made and easy to bait and set. Watch your fingers while setting or placing. If it "gets you" it will hurt
on January 29, 2011
I have trapped for a number of years , but this is the best small game trap you can buy.Anything from squirrels to muskrats this trap kills them quickly and humanely.Do not set this trap for bigger animals because it will not kill them on impact.
on September 8, 2015
I noticed some rodents hiding amongst my planting pots in the yard. which I keep covered with a tarp. It took several tries and different locations but eventually a caught a rat which was quite dead. The trap is quite powerful and at first I found it difficult to set. Over time thought I managed to do it without crushing my fingers.
on June 30, 2011
I set this trap in a well trafficked location in my yard, and I have to check it daily to make sure that there is not a body in it. One must be careful in setting it, and there are several videos on line that demonstrate the proper way to do that, as well as the proper location to place such a trap. A body hold trap does not necessarily kill the animal out right, and the use of the trap is not for the squeamish, as one might have to club the trapped animal. Given the amount of damage in my garden, I do not find this requirement to be anything other than gratifying. It would get 5 stars if it did not rust so readily.
on April 12, 2009
I,ve been using the 110 dukes for squirrels and such and decided to put it in a groundhog hole. Well, the next day I checked it and there was a good size one laying there. Dead on impact. The recommend a 160 coni or over for groundhogs, but a 110 duke does the job too.
on April 22, 2016
This is a very strong little trap but I haven't got a squirrel yet with it. 4 times the trap has been triggered, bait stolen, and no squirrel. I have it away from where birds can get to it so either it's not very effective or I have some smart squirrels throwing rocks at it to trigger it and then coming up and stealing the bait.
on March 13, 2016
Works great, caught 12 total squirrels with these bad boys. Typically will dispatch them almost instantaneously. However, I would recommend watching YouTube videos on the utilization of these. They will rust, they need to be coated, either with pant, wax or some other material to prevent rusting.