Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Platform: Mac|Edition: Standard|Change
Price:$3.99+ $3.99 shipping

on January 28, 2012
NOTE: This "Mac" version will actually work on the PC if you apply the serial key to a STEAM account and download. So, with an added promotional code, the game is free for the time being.
on January 29, 2012
I bought this after reading a review from one reviewer saying how you can buy it for windows even though its for Mac.
I downloaded steam and entered the serial key on Steam and everything went great!
With the 5 dollar credit I had it cost me: $0.00
It's a cool game, with great graphics and lots of Smart ass humor. I played Duke Nuke em back in the 90's and liked it then and I like it now!
I had to write a review to bump up its rating cause I can't stand people who write bad reviews on good products because of technical issues. When you write a review it should be about what you are reviewing and not the glitches you're having probably due to your substandard equipment.
I just call it like I see it and sorry if I've offended anyone.
I highly recommend this game!!
on March 29, 2013
Duke Nukem: Forever is an Action Packed, First Person Shooter released in 2011 by the former remaining team behind the project when 3D Realms was still developing it. This game is actually a version of the game that was created in 2007 and finished in 2011 by the former developers who wanted to see it exist for the Die Hard Fans who have been following it since the late 90's. The game features intense and action packed levels, adult themed entertainment & hours of badass one liners from the king himself. The graphics are very impressive, especially on the PS3 and the reward system (which includes unlockable items used to customize your Duke in multiplayer or to decorate Dukes Penthouse suite) is more than satisfying. The gameplay itself is very reminiscent to that of the game "Black" by Criterion Game, published by EA another great title. The multiplayer is powered by the Unreal Engine and plays exactly like the PS2 title "Unreal Tournament". Overall this is a great game, very different from the modern day FPS like COD and Halo and sticks to it's roots. It's the same old Duke we all know and love, just a brand new chapter of awesome alien ass kicking at it's finest.
on June 17, 2012
I cannot truely say how this game is. I have never been able to download what I need from the website (Steam) so I can play. Every time I go out to get what I need I always get " the server is too busy, check back later" after a couple dozen times I gave up. If you are lucky enough to get connected let it download everything (no matter how slow) so you can play.
on March 2, 2012
If you are looking for a worthy successor to DN3D, then this is not the game for you. I paid imo exactly what this game was worth as a Duke Nukem game, nothing. $5 sale + a $5 coupon == zero. If on the other hand you are looking for a modern casual rail FPS CoDMW style game with Duke skins then you will probably enjoy the game for <$10 a lot.

Most disappointing as a Duke game and some of the issues come directly from Randy's choices at Gearbox not 3dRealms. Weapons slot limitations, regen health, checkpoint only saving, Duke only able to run 20 ft before being out of breathe, scripted boss fights, limited backtracking due to console map size limitations, horrible Juvenal so called humor, excessive foul language just because they could, excessive sexuality thrown in just for the hell of it.

Graphically, over all, I was pleased. The game looks nice though certainly not outstanding but then I'm not a graphics ho. While I have to wonder what the heck they were thinking about the design choices they made, the game itself, the actual game mechanics, plays very well. The driving is really good. Thought the Pigcops a little too large compared to Dn3D but other than that liked the enemies. Missed the green moving slime blobs though.

What I and many DN3D fans wanted was DN3D 2. We wanted old school with better graphics like Croteam did so well with their latest Serious Sam3. What we got was a mediocre modern shooter which are a dime a dozen these days and a slap in the face by Randy Prichard

Should you buy it? If all you are wanting is something fun to play then yes. I still think the game is fun in it's own way so long as you don't pay too much for it. I just treat it like I do FEAR2/3 which are horrible FEAR game's compared to the first imo but still fun to play in their gimped way. I just don't think of them as FEAR games and move on. If like myself, you expected DN3D 2 out of DNF, you can still enjoy something of this game if you can forget what it was supposed to be and just play it for what it is.
on December 20, 2012
So Amazon redemption and the whole process to get the game into your computer is pretty easy; just use the code download enter the code and its on steam forever. Thats fine and easy, Now when it comes to the game...

The game is alright but its pretty boring when you get to it after about an hour; there is no given direction so you can do what you want and things that make you say 'WTF' happen a lot, like you become the size of a bottle and in walking you are attacked by a rat. anyways the tried but this game disappoints.
on January 15, 2013
probably the worst game ive ever played. i have played the original duke nukem's from back in the psOne era and love the juvenile like humor, but this one does not live up to the Duke Nukem name, and doesn't even deserve the tittle of tribute. if your a DN fan don't get this game. the story line is garbage and you can beat the game in about 30min. if your dying to play it and cant help yourself. Rent it. trust me. i wish i did
on March 17, 2012
not sure why people are complaining but this game is good and a classic remake

Graphics - 8/10
Gameplay - 8/10
AI - 7/10
on October 21, 2012
This game is probably very exciting, but I cannot say for sure it is fun. I did not understand it took the Mac system that I do not have when I purchased it. I have a powermac whereas duke requires an Intel processor. Therefore I am unable to play it.
on January 31, 2012
Buy it for Mac edition. Activate on steam. Same as pc. Duke is awesome as usual. Cheep Cheep Cheep. You mirin?