Dumas Waco YMF5 RC Airplane
Price:$59.50 + Free shipping

on October 7, 2010
Though a moderately difficult kit to build, the result is a stunningly beautiful model that is very gentle and fun to fly!
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 17, 2013
Verified Purchase
beautiful plane, moderately difficult to build but good instructions, my only complaint might be the soft balsa wood, I break the longerons every time I handle the fuse, I had to make my own 1/16 longerons out of harder balsa otherwise a fun plane to build, bad for wife relations tho. eg
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on April 6, 2015
Verified Purchase
This is not for beginners . This Plane is not RTF. But if your willing to sit and assemble this plane from scratch and you are a true hobby builder and like me,consider the enjoyment is in the building of the plane. This plane if for you. I set it up to use a 4 channel system and powered with a little 1000 kv brush less motor. It responds very well and can pull off some fantastic stunts. But if your a beginner and wanting to break into this fun hobby, start out with something more suited. then try this one.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on March 14, 2013
Verified Purchase
After much long waiting and eager excitement I dashed home and onto my front porch to see the large box sitting there. I immediately took it inside only to discover:

1. That inside the box was a smaller box that was not composed of a fully built Waco YMF5.

2. As I opened it up, the contents of the box spilled all over the floor making a mess of wood and plastic junk. (A hazard for young children and animals).

3. I looked throughout the box 3 TIMES trying to find the transmitter and electrical appliances. None had shown up, I ended up making a more widespread mess of little disgraceful pieces of balsa wood.

4. In a heartbroken manner, I only called the 2 places that supplemented me with this What-is a so-called- plane. I got 2 answers from 2 unhelpful attendance who simply said that you have to buy the parts in other places. This is what I call a longer wait!

5. I looked up the parts only to figure out that it costed probably around another $60.00 worth of spending. UNACCEPTABLE.

6. I called in and filled out a form for the refund only to see that shipping was not included. Not Amazons fault but Dumas itself.

7. I was heartbroken for a couple of days to know that I have been ripped off from this disgrace of a product. Until after a couple of weeks I found the Hobbyzone Champ. (You can see my review on the Hobbyzone champ very soon to learn more info on that magnificent Rc Dream).

8. Though I can understand that some people would like to purchase the Waco, but keep in mind that you will have alot of frustration the moment it reaches your doorstep.

I will not be buying from this company any longer. I am sorry Dumas, but you just lost a nice, faithful, customer.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...