Facility Spring Cleaning Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on October 7, 2010
Though a moderately difficult kit to build, the result is a stunningly beautiful model that is very gentle and fun to fly!
44 comments|22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 25, 2015
I have built six of these planes so far, and can offer the following comments and advice.
1) The plans and instruction booklet are really excellent and if you are a skilled and experienced modeler then they are worth the effort as these are beautiful planes.
2) I really like their peel and stick decals which look great, also the laser cut parts are excellent and help with accurate construction.

On the debit side however:

2) The balsa wood supplied is too soft and TOTALLY unsuitable for the stringers and longerons so you need to source an alternative for these, I use Ace Hardware balsa which is very strong and rigid.
3) You will also need to use spruce or basswood for the interplane and cabane struts rather than the supplied balsa, which is both strong and lightweight.
4) Finally using a beechwood propeller will give a period look and enhance these models which fly very well when finished.
on April 6, 2015
This is not for beginners . This Plane is not RTF. But if your willing to sit and assemble this plane from scratch and you are a true hobby builder and like me,consider the enjoyment is in the building of the plane. This plane if for you. I set it up to use a 4 channel system and powered with a little 1000 kv brush less motor. It responds very well and can pull off some fantastic stunts. But if your a beginner and wanting to break into this fun hobby, start out with something more suited. then try this one.
on November 17, 2013
beautiful plane, moderately difficult to build but good instructions, my only complaint might be the soft balsa wood, I break the longerons every time I handle the fuse, I had to make my own 1/16 longerons out of harder balsa otherwise a fun plane to build, bad for wife relations tho. eg
on January 7, 2016
So i have never heard of Dumas models before. I have always built models from Gillows, Balsa USA, and other companies, including a lot of scratch built models. I did not really have high expectations, but this has got to be one of the nicest kits ive seen in a long time. Very organized, all the wood is straight, light weight, and the laser cuts are very precise. The build manual is written well, and the plans are extremely easy to follow! Not really a kit ment for beginners, however im sure if you have any building skills, you would do fine building this model. I will definitely be buying the other Dumas RC model airplanes to add to my collection.
on March 14, 2013
After much long waiting and eager excitement I dashed home and onto my front porch to see the large box sitting there. I immediately took it inside only to discover:

1. That inside the box was a smaller box that was not composed of a fully built Waco YMF5.

2. As I opened it up, the contents of the box spilled all over the floor making a mess of wood and plastic junk. (A hazard for young children and animals).

3. I looked throughout the box 3 TIMES trying to find the transmitter and electrical appliances. None had shown up, I ended up making a more widespread mess of little disgraceful pieces of balsa wood.

4. In a heartbroken manner, I only called the 2 places that supplemented me with this What-is a so-called- plane. I got 2 answers from 2 unhelpful attendance who simply said that you have to buy the parts in other places. This is what I call a longer wait!

5. I looked up the parts only to figure out that it costed probably around another $60.00 worth of spending. UNACCEPTABLE.

6. I called in and filled out a form for the refund only to see that shipping was not included. Not Amazons fault but Dumas itself.

7. I was heartbroken for a couple of days to know that I have been ripped off from this disgrace of a product. Until after a couple of weeks I found the Hobbyzone Champ. (You can see my review on the Hobbyzone champ very soon to learn more info on that magnificent Rc Dream).

8. Though I can understand that some people would like to purchase the Waco, but keep in mind that you will have alot of frustration the moment it reaches your doorstep.

I will not be buying from this company any longer. I am sorry Dumas, but you just lost a nice, faithful, customer.
44 comments|9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse