beautiful plane, moderately difficult to build but good instructions, my only complaint might be the soft balsa wood, I break the longerons every time I handle the fuse, I had to make my own 1/16 longerons out of harder balsa otherwise a fun plane to build, bad for wife relations tho. eg
This is not for beginners . This Plane is not RTF. But if your willing to sit and assemble this plane from scratch and you are a true hobby builder and like me,consider the enjoyment is in the building of the plane. This plane if for you. I set it up to use a 4 channel system and powered with a little 1000 kv brush less motor. It responds very well and can pull off some fantastic stunts. But if your a beginner and wanting to break into this fun hobby, start out with something more suited. then try this one.
After much long waiting and eager excitement I dashed home and onto my front porch to see the large box sitting there. I immediately took it inside only to discover:
1. That inside the box was a smaller box that was not composed of a fully built Waco YMF5.
2. As I opened it up, the contents of the box spilled all over the floor making a mess of wood and plastic junk. (A hazard for young children and animals).
3. I looked throughout the box 3 TIMES trying to find the transmitter and electrical appliances. None had shown up, I ended up making a more widespread mess of little disgraceful pieces of balsa wood.
4. In a heartbroken manner, I only called the 2 places that supplemented me with this What-is a so-called- plane. I got 2 answers from 2 unhelpful attendance who simply said that you have to buy the parts in other places. This is what I call a longer wait!
5. I looked up the parts only to figure out that it costed probably around another $60.00 worth of spending. UNACCEPTABLE.
6. I called in and filled out a form for the refund only to see that shipping was not included. Not Amazons fault but Dumas itself.
7. I was heartbroken for a couple of days to know that I have been ripped off from this disgrace of a product. Until after a couple of weeks I found the Hobbyzone Champ. (You can see my review on the Hobbyzone champ very soon to learn more info on that magnificent Rc Dream).
8. Though I can understand that some people would like to purchase the Waco, but keep in mind that you will have alot of frustration the moment it reaches your doorstep.
I will not be buying from this company any longer. I am sorry Dumas, but you just lost a nice, faithful, customer.