Customer Discussions > Audition: A Memoir forum

The Dumbing Down of the View

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 18, 2008 12:35:30 PM PDT
Mary Eastham says:
I work at home and sometimes have The View on in the background. Lately, though, Elizabeth has gotten so full of herself spewing out her narrow-minded, antagonistic views, I'm starting to think of her as her generation's embarrassment. I remember when they had a segment where each View member brought on a best friend. Elizabeth's 'friend' seemed as annoyed with her as we all are. I actually felt bad for Elizabeth that day.
Nobody likes a know-it-all, especially one whose only claim to fame is being a contestant on a reality show. Please Barbara, find somebody better for your gabfest before we all just tune you out.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2008 1:54:00 PM PDT
Mary - hip hip hoorah! I know Elizabeth is totally entitled to her very narrow minded opinion. I also find her like a mosquito bite. she is very very annoying.
do you notice that she refuses to stop talking when others try and get a word in? then complains that she never gets to finish her thought.
I think BW is treating her like a favourite granddaughter. She keeps hugging her and reassuring her that she loves her. Give us a break!
What is she going to do when Joy and Whoopie start talking about President Obama???
I think she should join the Palin committee as a fashion consultant for the 2012 campaign.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2008 3:45:15 PM PDT
Mary Eastham says:
Elizabeth - I love your mosquito bite comment. Bur seriously, why does BW keep her on? There are so many talented, opinionated 30 somethings out there with great TV presence - it makes no sense to me. But think about it, Elisabeth is no dummy - I'm certain she's positioning herself for bigger things - I mean she introduced Sarah Palin last week at a Florida political rally - c'mon, I think the girl knows EXACTLY what she's doing. Maybe she can be Sarah Palin's running mate in 2012. That will be when I head north to Canada! Thanks for responding, Elizabeth. I enjoyed your comment...Mary Kennedy Eastham, Author, 'The Shadow of a Dog I Can't Forget' and the novel-in-progress 'Night Surfing - A Story of Love & Wonder in the Waves of Malibu'

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2008 8:41:21 PM PDT
NIce to meet you Mary - I am impressed, you are an author. I am very envious.
you are correct about elizabeth, she is one smart cookie and I think she has set her sights on bigger things.
she knows that she does not want to break ties with BW. she is too big a name. but I do think she will move on at
the end of the season. Alll this publicity is just what she wants. I am sure she will be staying pals with Sarah Palin.
Joy and E cannot look at each other without their eyes glinting. Joy is not a fan of the little darling! that is obvious.
but the most laughable part is that BW thinks that she needs to keep the peace in Viewland. Doesn't she know that
its the bickering that make the ratings go up.
BW needs to retire herself, she can always work behind the scenes with Bill.

Have you noticead when BW is on they all behave like the principal is sitting with them.
Makes for a duller show.
what will they talk about after the election?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2008 9:37:40 AM PST
Mary Eastham says:
I know EXACTLY what you're saying Elizabeth. Because she looks so good, we sometimes forget BW is pushing 80! I was thinking last night, maybe that show has seen its heyday and the panel needs to move on. I'm not sure how much that Sherie Shepard (sp?) adds to the mix. I just feel bad that her poor three year old lives in LA and mom's in New York. The show had way more pizzaz and finesse when Meredith Viera and Lisa Ling were on the panel, both very bright and funny women and both who have moved on to much better gigs. However it turns out, it's been fun chatting here with you...oh, and I agree, what WILL they talk about after the election. Let's stay tuned. I think it's going to be a very close Presidential race on Tuesday...
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Audition: A Memoir forum
Participants:  2
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Oct 18, 2008
Latest post:  Nov 2, 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Audition: A Memoir
Audition: A Memoir by Barbara Walters (Hardcover - May 6, 2008)
4.1 out of 5 stars   (397)