5.0 out of 5 stars Cookbook
I bought this to have desserts that I can eat to comply with my wheat allergy. I use a gluten free packaged cake mix along with the ingredients as listed in the cookbook. I've taken it to family dinners and no one can tell it's gluten free cake. My grandma used to make dump cakes and it brings back fond memories too.
Published 4 months ago by Leslee Roberts

3.0 out of 5 stars Not all dump recipes!!
This book starts out with 'dump' recipes but very soon is reading like a normal cookbook measuring out the ingredients. But the book had a LOT of recipes in it, many sounding good so I can't say I regret buying the book. I have yet to make any recipes but that is due to lethargy. I just need to remember to take the book in the grocery and buy some of the items needed..
Published 5 months ago by Bil Greene

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Not all dump recipes!!, March 24, 2014

2.0 out of 5 stars Not quite as seen on TV, April 18, 2014
This review is from: Dump Cakes (Hardcover)
This book is more a What To Do With a Cake Mix than a DUMP CAKE book. Not much new here. Very little dumping going on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cookbook, April 16, 2014
Leslee Roberts (Walkerton, In USA) - See all my reviews

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed in number of Dump recipes., April 24, 2014
This review is from: Dump Cakes (Hardcover)
Did not have as many dump cake recipes as I thought and they were all pretty similar. Same with rhe other recipes.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terribly Disappointed, June 11, 2014
This review is from: Dump Cakes (Hardcover)
Beware of late night TV and ideas that seem sound good at the time.

Finally after almost 8 weeks I received the book, it's companion "Dump Casseroles" and what was supposed to be a free Orgreenic pan.

1) Many of the dump cake recipes are not truly dump recipes. If you have to mix a variety of ingredients in a bowl with a mixer and then "dump" them into a 9 x 13--not really a dump recipe unless one is using dump synonymously with pouring batter into a pan. The book is full of recipes like that. They may be great recipes, I don't know--but they are not all dump recipes by a long shot.

2) The companion book for dump casseroles was really what I was interested in and it is a complete waste of paper. It consists of about 30 pages, many printed on only one side. The recipes are NOT dump recipes. They require browning and mixing and all manner of kitchen hubbub to get the casserole into the oven. These recipes are no easier than a standard recipe.

The books, in my opinion, do not live up to the representation on TV, and I'm sorry I wasted my money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dump cakes by Cathy Mitchelle, May 23, 2014
This review is from: Dump Cakes (Hardcover)
I love this book. It has a lot of good recipes in it. Just wish I could find the dump dinners book.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good book, May 7, 2014
This review is from: Dump Cakes (Hardcover)
I enjoyed reading it. Does not have all Dump cakes in it and that was a disappointment. I would still rebuy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy and delicious, May 9, 2014
This review is from: Dump Cakes (Hardcover)
First cake I made was the chocolate peanut butter cake. My family loved it, and it took minutes to make. Next is the sticky buns.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dump Cakes, May 7, 2014
This review is from: Dump Cakes (Hardcover)
My wife had wanted this to be a mothers day gift. It arrived on time and we are both pleased. Thank you

5.0 out of 5 stars excellant, May 2, 2014
This review is from: Dump Cakes (Hardcover)
I have already made several of the recipes and they were all a big hit. It has a good variety and they are all really easy and quick but taste like you spent hours making. I highly recommend this book

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Dump Cakes
Dump Cakes by Cathy Mitchelle (Hardcover - 2014)
Used & New from: $8.50