5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly What You Need!
Has your recently dumped friend turned into a whiny, pathetic person? Buy two copies -- one for you and one for her. Then when you get that weepy 3am call from her you can both crack this hilarious book open, read it together and get back to your friendship. (And get her back to her LIFE!) Worth every penny!
Published 21 months ago by Sandra O'Day

Published 12 months ago by Southpaw

3.0 out of 5 stars Laughter and self-empowerment are a good antidote to a broken heart, but this book fell short, July 15, 2013
This review is from: Dumped: A Guide to Getting Over a Breakup and Your Ex in Record Time! (Paperback)
I bought this book after the love of my life (or so I thought) and I broke up. We had a yo-yo relationship, and broke up quite a few times, but he always winded up weasling back into my life (after I pieced back the broken pieces of my heart) and I let him (big mistake). His recent departure had left me emotionally unhinged and raw. I was badly in need of a crutch of sorts, so I thought that laughter was the best antidote to what's ailing me. This book is small, and you'll be able to finish it in one sitting. It's a fast, breezy read filled with nuggets of wisdom from the authors and real women. Its style reminds me a lot of Cosmopolitan magazine. It has a very conversational, upbeat, irreverent tone. However, in addition to it being a small book, there were pages that were left blank or had only a few words. For the price I paid for this book, I expected the pages to be covered with words and not left blank. Another reviewer said that you could finish this book in an hour, and I concur.

The part about closure is very true. I contacted my ex numerous times after he's shown that he had no interest in me whatsoever. He point-blank told me to leave him alone, and I couldn't do that. I wanted, NEEDED closure. In one of my OCD text-messaging fiascos, I asked him why he wasn't asking me to stay/ or holding onto me? I never got a response. I kept on wanting to get the response that I WANTED, which never happened. He told me to wait for him in the future, that he MIGHT consider marrying me. Sureeeee thing. Put my life on hold for a guy who, as the authors said, "is scratching his balls, sitting on his disgusting couch, watching football and could give two s**ts about your closure plans."

I thought this book was OK and if you do decide to read it, then I suggest you read a "serious" book or a book with more meat in addition to Dumped. This book alone probably might not be able to help you heal, especially if your breakup is very devastating. To heal emotional wounds takes a lot of inner-work, such as monitoring your thought processes. I recommend I Can Mend Your Broken Heart by Paul McKenna and Hugh Willbourn (which addresses these issues and have a hypnosis CD which I found helpful). Dumped is a good pick-me-up book, especially when you're feeling down or obsessing over him. It's a book you can carry in your purse, just in case you get that urge to call him/her. That said, it doesn't show you how to mend a broken heart. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed this book for the most part, but most of its content I was already familiar with. I regarded it as a supplement to the aforementioned book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly What You Need!, October 10, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars FABULOUS!!!!!!, September 4, 2012
Great read for anyone who needs to stop wallowing in their relationship that once was. This book will get you thinking about yourself and your future in a positive way. You will find yourself laughing out loud but also there are many serious tips that will have you moving and healing. Great gift for your girlfriends as well!

5.0 out of 5 stars Radiant & Reason to Celebrate (like ME!), October 6, 2012
Rebecca Whitelaw (SUGAR LAND, TX, US) - See all my reviews
This book is hard-core advice for women after a break up to pick themselves up and treat themselves right! My favorite is Chapter 3: Take Care of Yourself! This applies to ALL of us!!! <3
Take away lessons: We are sexy & deserve the good things in life, let's act like it & make it happen!

5.0 out of 5 stars An exhilarating read!, September 12, 2012
I couldn't put this down! Talk about positive reinforcement! These ladies know what's what in matters of heart and soul. And don't let the title fool you...whether you're in a happy relationship, not so happy, recently the dumper or dumpee, there is so much to be learned from this book. The authors lay it out with humor, dignity and a whole lot of sense! Loved, loved, loved it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dumped, September 3, 2012
Dumped is a no nonsense kick in the butt, practical, funny, informative and yes sensitive handbook for the walking wounded. I bought copys for the needy. Being dumped is bad enough so read it immediately before you loose all your friends and then fly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Priceless!, May 20, 2014
Nicole (Portland, Oregon) - See all my reviews
This book single-handedly removed the fiery ball of anxiety and emotional agony that had been swooshing around in my stomach since my boyfriend of three years dumped me two weeks ago. Prior to reading it, I did it all: sent belligerent texts followed by hysterically sad ones (all of which he either ignored or responded to with contempt and/or rage), stayed in my apartment all weekend crying, working my butt off at the gym and barely eating (not that I had an appetite anyway) hoping that if I could just lose ten pounds he would want me back, desperately trying to get "closure" from him (the chapter on closure is SO AMAZING!), sending texts trying to be "fair" by placing the blame 50/50 on each of us or mostly on myself, etc. Reading this gave me the courage to realize what a complete and total misogynistic, cruel, emotional-blackmailing, bullying, sex-withholding, emotionally-void mama's boy he actually is. I thought I was going to attain Nirvana or at least pass out from vindicating laughter when I read the line about not so much walking as RUNNING away from the "mommy bull****"...anyone who has ever been in a relationship where you are actually jealous of your partner's mother will understand! It also made me realize that YES, we tend to become "clingy," hypersensitive, insecure and not much fun at all when our partner is as warm and loving as Mount Rushmore. This book floods you with energy and, I swear, totally empowers you to delete the a-hole's number, not keep your phone with you 24/7 in case he texts and to start focusing on the wonderful, magnificent, sexy creature that is YOU. It is exactly the advice you need and you will howl with laughter at how true and home-hitting it is! GET IT!

2.0 out of 5 stars Too short for the price.....I mean Ryan? $8.49, February 1, 2014
This review is from: Dumped (Kindle Edition)
I wouldn't recommend to friends.this book is too short for the price. Too much scrape already know.I enjoyed reading it,but not enough Info here

4.0 out of 5 stars not what i expected., July 31, 2013
This review is from: Dumped (Kindle Edition)
when i started reading it i wasn't totally prepared for what was to come. once the surprise of the writing style wore of i enjoyed it. took it for what is was worth and got some good take aways.

5.0 out of 5 stars Laughing While I Moved On, July 24, 2013
Not only will this book make you laugh, it will make you laugh when you need it the most. I read the book prior to a breakup & then picked it up again when I needed it most. Nothing gets you through a breakup like a good friend & Dumped was like having another great friend right next to you, ready to get you back on your feet!

Dumped: A Guide to Getting Over a Breakup and Your Ex in Record Time!
Dumped: A Guide to Getting Over a Breakup and Your Ex in Record Time! by Caryn Beth Rosenthal (Paperback - August 15, 2012)
$14.95 $12.89