Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on April 26, 2012
The consistency of the frosting starter base is disgusting. It's thin, sticky, and leaves a very oily taste in your mouth. The flavor packets, however, are genius! I've been buying them and adding them to a regular can of vanilla frosting or to homemade buttercream. The base is a waste of money.
on April 5, 2012
I usually love Duncan Hines baking products, but this was a huge disappointment. I bought the frosting starter with the white chocolate raspberry add-in, and it nearly ruined my cake. The frosting consistency is way off - it's drippy and doesn't hold well to the cake. Looks awful. But worse, the taste was unpalatable. It tasted like cough medicine and sugar substitute. I couldn't bring myself to put it on my daughter's birthday cake, so I fiddled with it for about 20 minutes until it was edible and a little thicker. The cake ended up being eaten well by the kids, but the adults mostly scraped the icing off. Even after all my fiddling with it, it was only slightly better. Duncan Hines regular icing is great, in all varieties. But stay far away from Frosting Creations. I wish I'd dumped it in the trash and started from scratch. I now have a half eaten cake that no one wants because the frosting tastes off.
on May 28, 2012
Wow, what a complete and utter waste of my dollars. I bought this along with the caramel frosting packet.

Pros: It did mix well, there was enough space left on top to stir and the powder did dissolve nicely.

It was very easy to spread and swirl.

Cons: The texture was almost stringy/rubbery. The taste was horrific without anything. It tasted like a gooey marshmallow having a bad day.

We added the flavoring and it did not help. The strange texture, flavor and now with the added caramel, it was simply disgusting.

While the idea in theory was intriguing, the product failed completely in its execution.
on May 19, 2012
This is the most epically terrible icing I've ever tried. We tried the White Chocolate Raspberry. It tastes like toothpaste. The $4 spent on it are nothing compared to the amount of REAL toothpaste it will take to wash the taste out of my mouth. Really absolutely awful. Absurdly terrible icing. (PS - I have never written a review of anything before this terrible product. It's that bad.)
on July 8, 2013
I was in a hurry needing an icing for some cupcakes this weekend. (& I've purchased pre-made icing before in a pinch... without any problems) I'd never tried the Duncan Hines frosting creations base and stir-ins, but it sounded fun and easy. I purchased the base frosting and the orange stir in flavor. I mixed it exactly like the directions said, and not only was the base icing horrible, the orange stir in flavor put it "over the top" disgusting!! I had to spit it out and actually scrub out my mouth! There was a feeling in my mouth like... caustic chemicals! I ended up having to throw it all away. (Luckily I never iced my cupcakes with it!) I've never tasted something so un-natural! I do use and like Duncan Hines mixes, but this product was not worth purchasing.
on November 15, 2012
Bought the chocolate mint flavor for the birthday cake of my good friend who is a chocolate mint lover. I have nothing good to say about it. The taste of the frosting is beyond disgusting. Unfortunately, I did not taste the product until the cake was frosted. Only then did I realize that the cake is ruined and inedible. We are celebrating this birthday tomorrow at work. While the cake won't be eaten until the afternoon, it was supposed to be presented in the morning when we do our biweekly breakfast. Looks like I will have to try to buy something before 8am, or go in without a birthday cake. Bummed and slightly pissed. Don't they do taste testing before releasing products?? This deserves ZERO stars, but Amazon won't let me rate it that way.
on September 4, 2012
The consistency was mediocre. I bought the caramel packet to go in here and it was super strong at first. It had a strong chemical sort of smell. While it did mellow over time I will not be buying this again.
on September 20, 2012
This stuff is awful. My sister and I decided to make cupcakes so I got this to be fun, I got cotton candy and white choc raspberry. We opened the packets and immediately got a whif of the most horrible smell. The dust Goes rightt down your throat as you are stirring, and you can taste the smell also. It literally made me gag. I figured it was just bc it was concentrated, so I made the icings anyway. They were both disgusting and inedible. they smelled and tastes completely chemical, and the flavor barely comes through. I iced three or four cupcakes, and they don't even taste good combined with the cake. I ended up throwing out the rest of the icing and now have naked cupcakes I would rather eat than cupcakes with that Muck on them.
on July 10, 2012
the consistency is off, and it doesn't hold up well on a cake. Next time I'll make my own buttercream frosting.
on December 26, 2012
Genius! I have never used them for icing but get this! I have used the pumpkin spice in a pumpkin pie. it was a little bright but the pumpkin pie was the best I'd ever made. I used the cotton candy to flavor some rice crispy treats..outstanding but I should have used two pkgs. as the flavor was not as bold as It could have been. The orange cream flavor got used in some coconut macaroons that everybody just flipped over and the best cheesecake I ever made was the the cinnamon bun..I mixed two pkgs. in the strudel crumbs for the top of the cheesecake..I wasn't sure how the flavor would stand upon baking with it since it hasn't been marketed for it but it holds..if it catches on with bakers that it does, it should fly off the shelves. The next thing I want to experiment with is sweet cream cheese dip and whipped topping..It's the best thing since flavored extracts..though I can't speak for whipped icing, I DO recommend this product and honestly, I wish they would expand their line. Try it, especially if you like to experiment in the kitchen.