Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

Flavor: Chocolate Buttercream|Change

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon October 19, 2015
This frosting is so good that people comment on it - and I tell the truth - I simply WARM it gently on the stove, with about two tlbs lard, stirring it smooth, then POUR it over the cake. It sets up very nicely into a glossy, full coverage icing. REALLY! It sounds crazy until you try it.
on January 8, 2015
When tasting this icing by itself, the texture is a little grainy. I'm not sure what could cause this or if it's specific to the batch I received, but it's very rich and sugary. When applied to a cake, the texture isn't noticeable, which is why it has garnered a 4-star rating from me.
on March 9, 2016
I can't find this frosting in any of the stores near me. So it was wonderful to find it at a reasonable cost here on Amazon. It's my favorite chocolate frosting and has a deep, delicious flavor. It's the best!
on April 29, 2013
Vanilla buttercream frosting is common and wonderful. When I saw the chocolate buttercream I thought I'd give it a shot. It is yummy! All the greatness of buttercream with CHOCOLATE!
Albertsons had these on sale this week for $1 each and I bought them on the challenge of attempting to convert a pre-made high sugar frosting into one kinder to my blood sugar. Out of the canister the frosting is thick, dark and delicious looking but all I tasted initially was sweet with a hint of chocolate, as sugar is the first ingredient listed. To obtain an authentic deep chocolate flavor and tone down the sweet, I melted 3 bars of 3.5 oz Lindt 90% chocolate with maybe a stick and a half or so of unsalted butter in the microwave for about one minute, watching the mixture carefully as chocolate burns very easily. With the butter melted but with still a few chunks of chocolate, I hand-stirred the chocolate/butter mixture until well combined and slightly cooled and then mixed it into the pre-made frosting, stirring it all together. This about doubled the total frosting quantity, significantly toned down the sweetness, and gave me a frosting that tasted chocolate-y enough for my palate. The thickness is good and it's now chilling in the fridge and I expect it will be even thicker tomorrow. I tried about a tablespoon on a reduced sugar, reduced carb chocolate cupcake that I made from a cake mix and it tasted very good. Based on taste, I estimate (very roughly) that I reduced the carb count by approximately 1/4 to 1/3, as now the frosting is somewhat sweet as compared to my initial sugar coma tasting. Combining this technique with a small portion size (a tablespoon or so) will reduce the carbs per portion and significantly improve the flavor, given the addition of the chocolate and the butter. The frosting can be whipped (if you want an airier textured frosting) or frozen for later use. Enjoy.

P.S. Smart box cake and pre-made icing manufacturers could make a fortune by simply re-configuring their products for a reduced sugar line which they could promote as healthier, since excess sugar only adds empty calories and overwhelms the flavor of the finished product. Until they get with the program, we consumers will just have to make healthier alterations ourselves, using their products as a base which we convert into healthier versions of the overly sweet originals.
on December 31, 2013
this is good icing.just a bit too too sweet for my familys liking.i did fix the problem,as i bought a case and baked alot last month.good cocoa or cinnamon or instant coffee takes that too sweet taste.i will buy it again but knowing it needs to be adjusted.oh also lemon rind or spices,like pumpkin or ginger for a spice cake,that was great.
on March 24, 2014
I bought this not sure if the flavor would be just right. It is perfect for the Duncan Hines Decadent Carrot Cake Mix. 30 seconds in the microwave to loosen it up just a bit for frosting purposes and it worked like a charm.
on January 20, 2014
The best frosting for cakes, cupcakes, or just a spoon full of sugar. Usually put a little on a warm cake or cupcake then finish frosing once they cool. Let the initial frosting melt into the cake - yummm
on September 16, 2015
I will try again!
We bought Creamy Coconut Pecan Frosting, and before I could finish frosting the cake, some of the frosting was sliding to the bottom of the cake. I have decorated cakes frequently and this never happened before and am not really slow, so that is not the problem. The cake was baked more than an 12 hours ago, so that is not the problem. It is less than 68*, so that is not the problem. It did not expire for at least 6 months, so that is not the problem. My conclusion is that it is a problem with the frosting.
Flavor was very good,
on June 4, 2015
This is food of the gods. When Zeus is sitting around up there with his friends watching us like we're on TV, they are eating this stuff by handfuls. They dip chicken wings in it. Glaze vegetables. Inject hams with it. They slather it on breads of every kind. Slow cook it on super low into prime rib roasts or tenderloins, sheep and beef. Coffee. Make a Manhattan so shocking you just won't believe it. In tequila with lime. It goes on top of everything. Of course, you should carry an extra adrenalin shot just in case you start to enter a diabetic coma from eating this stuff .