5.0 out of 5 stars Super absorbant -- just like they're engineered
I'm a fabric developer, so when I saw some of the negative reviews on this product after trying it for myself, I felt obligated to write a review to explain WHY these are so great!
Published 16 months ago by bFranj

3.0 out of 5 stars thinner than expected
the material is like gauze. it's soft (after a couple times of wash) but thin. i was expecting to receive more thicker and sturdier burp cloths.
Published on February 17, 2011 by newly mom

5.0 out of 5 stars Super absorbant -- just like they're engineered, May 9, 2013
This review is from: Dundee Burp Cloths/Diapers - White (Baby Product)
Yes. They shrink and will continue to shrink. But the reason is because of the ultra loose double basket weave. The purpose of this loose weave is to allow a place for the liquids to be absorbed. You could never have a weave this loose for apparel due to the shrinkage, but for a burp cloth, it's perfect!
The yarn used to weave these cloths is a very low spun cotton. Again, the reason this type of yarn is used is because it allows the cotton fibers to do what they do best -- absorb. This will allow for a bit more pilling as you use and wash the cloths, but if you're looking for a cloth to absorb lots of liquid (milk, spit-up, etc), than this is the cloth for you.
The only thing I would change about this cloth is the basic overlock finish. This does look quite "ratty" and could be improved upon by a higher quality finish like a hem stitch.
If you are looking for a stylish or pretty burp cloth, this probably isn't for you. If you are looking for a BASIC, very absorbent cloth, buy these!

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than other burp cloths!, November 27, 2011
This review is from: Dundee Burp Cloths/Diapers - White (Baby Product)
I bought these with the hopes of finding something that actually absorbed baby spit up, drool, and general fluids that come with infants. Burp cloths I've purchased from Target or Walmart have cute patterns, but don't absorb - which is sorta the point. These did the job. They're purely function, not cute or fancy. I will probably buy more of them since I'm sick of grabbing the cute burp cloths and continually being frustrated with their in ability to do their job. I would describe their thickness as fair (not gauze, but not incredibly thick either). Thick enough to keep the fluids from leaking through (assuming the baby doesn't avoid the burp cloth all together - at least that's what my little boy does...)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good to have on hand., May 4, 2011
This review is from: Dundee Burp Cloths/Diapers - White (Baby Product)
Love the Dundee burp cloths. They are super absorbant and light weight to you can fold them up and put them into a pocket. Very versitile.. I've used them as burp cloths, diapers, bibs, wipes, placemats, bath cots.. You cant go wrong with these.. Unless you don't purchase enough of them.

3.0 out of 5 stars thinner than expected, February 17, 2011
newly mom (Los Angeles, CA USA) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Burp Cloths Ever, January 30, 2014
This review is from: Dundee Burp Cloths/Diapers - White (Baby Product)
These are what my mom used on me and I remembered them hanging around the house well into my teen years because they were so durable and useful for things other than spit up. They're just as good as I remembered. I am going to buy another pack because they're fabulous to have on hand. I keep one in every room just in case. I use them for spit up, drool, and to catch milk (overactive letdown). My daughter also likes to hold them and chew on them from time to time. I'm getting these as a baby shower gift from now on. Great staple.

5.0 out of 5 stars An old fashioned burp cloth, finally!, April 7, 2012
This review is from: Dundee Burp Cloths/Diapers - White (Baby Product)
If you are looking for an old fashioned type of burp cloth, these are perfect! Couldn't find any plain cloth diapers that were not pre-folded, but then I found these. These were exactly what I was looking for. Would definitely recommend these for any new moms and babies!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for Kitchen Use, April 24, 2012
This review is from: Dundee Burp Cloths/Diapers - White (Baby Product)
These are rather thin, but very large. I use them in the kitchen for drying and for cleaning glass and the stove to keep from streaking. These do catch fire easily, so be careful.

1.0 out of 5 stars Shrunk to 1/3 of their size in first wash, May 17, 2012
ScholarMom (Brookline, MA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dundee Burp Cloths/Diapers - White (Baby Product)
I was so excited to find these burp cloths that weren't ridiculously expensive. I thought they were a bit rough when I took them out of the package but thought they'd soften up for sure with the wash. Followed instructions (washed them cold and tumble dried low) but they came out at most 1/3 of their original size. Very disappointing. I notice that one other person had the same experience. The quality must vary because some reviewers explicitly mention little to no shrinkage. But what I have now is ridiculous. Closer in size to a washcloth than a burp cloth.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for all new moms!, November 8, 2012
This review is from: Dundee Burp Cloths/Diapers - White (Baby Product)
I have bought 3 of these bags already. Just wish it came in different colors. These are by far one of the best and most used baby items I have in my house. You will need these too!

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware! These are NOT suitable for Burp Cloths. They are inferior products., March 17, 2013
This review is from: Dundee Burp Cloths/Diapers - White (Baby Product)
I have never left a negative review on anything-but these burp cloths are terrible. I purchased them to sew ribbon on to decorate for a gift. I washed them before sewing on the ribbon (thank goodness). The edges are not bound even halfway satisfactorily. They would not be suitable for a gift and surely not for use with a baby. They are not worth purchasing.

Dundee Burp Cloths/Diapers - White