Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on January 10, 2008
Okay, look. I'm the first Dungeon Master in line to get this box-set. And yes, just to clarify this box-set is chucked `full' of dungeon crawling; however for a price...of your SANITY. The short of it, is that there's in fact many-many hours of game play; however many more hours for a DM to translate the horrid and blatant lack of mapping. I'm the kind of DM that will read nearly an entire adventure before playing it with my Players. In this case I was seriously glad that I did. The north delineation and the orientation of the map booklet is incorrect, so when trying to validate secret & concealed doors, this is not verifiable. As a matter of fact, some of the room descriptions are not even right at all. When tracking and back-tracking passages leading between dungeon levels, the room delineation are normally incorrect. On the other hand...if a DM takes a good hour or so, he (or she) `might' be able to discern some semblance of order - but be prepared to make a lot of personal annotations. Bottom line - I appreciate the box-set and am sure glad I got it at a discount price, I'd be seriously angry if I had shelled out a hundred/plus dollars on this mess. The rating interface only allows me to edit the text, not the star-rating **THIS IS ONLY A 2 START PRODUCT**
on April 8, 2009
Unbelievably awesome! Tons of Goodman Games awesomeness! Lots of variety, highly adaptable, not just a "big dungeon crawl". This castle/dungeon is usable as a straight dungeon crawl, but also has plenty of various ways to get in that it can be used piece meal as part of a wide variety of game ideas and in combination with other modules.

A steep price, but when you hold this massive boxed set in your hands and then open it and spread out the books and maps and look through it any fears you have will go away. At least they did for me. The content is truly impressive! Bigger, better, and more intensive than any other boxed set I have ever bought. Maybe ALL of the boxed sets for BECMI, together, would compare. This boxed set is not a rules system though, just many pounds of impressive adventuring.
on December 31, 2008
Reproducing Deven M. Niles "Midian"'s review, with his 2-star rating:

Okay, look [writes Deven]. I'm the first Dungeon Master in line to get this box-set. And yes, just to clarify this box-set is chucked `full' of dungeon crawling; however for a price...of your SANITY. The short of it, is that there's in fact many-many hours of game play; however many more hours for a DM to translate the horrid and blatant lack of mapping. I'm the kind of DM that will read nearly an entire adventure before playing it with my Players. In this case I was seriously glad that I did. The north delineation and the orientation of the map booklet is incorrect, so when trying to validate secret & concealed doors, this is not verifiable. As a matter of fact, some of the room descriptions are not even right at all. When tracking and back-tracking passages leading between dungeon levels, the room delineation are normally incorrect. On the other hand...if a DM takes a good hour or so, he (or she) `might' be able to discern some semblance of order - but be prepared to make a lot of personal annotations. Bottom line - I appreciate the box-set and am sure glad I got it at a discount price, I'd be seriously angry if I had shelled out a hundred/plus dollars on this mess. The rating interface only allows me to edit the text, not the star-rating **THIS IS ONLY A 2 START PRODUCT**
on November 19, 2008
An awesome product. A bit expensive but you get what you paid for. If you are looking for a good solid crawl you can enjoy over several sessions this is for you.