5.0 out of 5 stars Truly Unique Still Triumphing In its Utter Glory, June 27, 2002
"mario10gm" (Gilbert, Arizona United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dungeon Keeper / Dungeon Keeper 2 (Jewel Case) - PC (CD-ROM)
Have you guys out there ever played a game like RPG maker, and wished the game had a bit more realtime elements? Have you ever been a Dungeon Master in a game of D&D and got tired of the continual dice rolling. Have you ever played The Legend of Zelda and wished you could be Ganondorf and send minions to prevent Link from restoring peace to Hyrule? If yes, then this game is for you.
I thik people should realize though, that this DUngeon you construct is not a dungeon like the kind you see in Lufia II or Zelda, but a more realistic one in which the good guys dig underground to find you, take out your minions patrolling the halls, and then proceed to take down the heart of your Dungeon(for C&C fans, the Dungeon Heart is more important than a CON yard). I bought this game thinking that I could directly control units in battle, put down puzzles for little 10 year olds in green tunics to solve, that's close, but not the idea. There is the presence of traps you can lay, you also have the option of placing and locking doors(a nice strategy is make all roms accessible in between themselves and lock out you Dungeon Heart with some magic doors, locked doors and all the pretty doors).
You ask me, rooms? How do I make rooms? In DK1&2 you have little workers called imps who dig out the dungeon using a grid sstem to decide where they dig. click on a spot of dirt and little creatures start digging. Once you've dug out space for a room, you magically create the room using the toolbar on your left, it's as simple as placing a tesla coil three feet away from an enemy CON yard.
Now for techinicals the greaphics for DK1 are nice considering it was made in 97(look at Jedi Knigh[97] I thought my friend had downloaded a snes game when I saw it!). You can also 'posess' a creature to see its perspective and admire the graphics more.
DK2 has even better graphics (1999) I hold it up to par with many games out today. Great improvement from 2 years ago.
five stars for a work of art...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game, poor price., February 20, 2007
There is no need for a lengthy review, this game is no doubt incredibly fun and addicting. I simply want to pass on the fact that you can find this game MUCH cheaper almost anywhere else. Save yourself some cash and run down to Wal-Mart, Target, or Best Buy and get this exact item (DK Jewel Case set) for 10 bucks at the most. While this game is indeed worth whatever price, there is no need to spend an extra 25 or so dollars if you don't have to. I picked up my copy at Wal-Mart for 9.98. Just wanted to pass that on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, February 19, 2002
Dungeon Keeper is wonderful, I still play it on my PC. It is VERY hard at the beginning, but when you learn it a bit, it becomes very very exciting and fun to play. It has so many features, in fact, It was only a month ago that I discovered that I can see what is the dexterity, the strength, the level and the blood type of any creature I have. This game is so wonderful. Every thing makes sense in this game, from the humble non-paid imps to the greedy and show-off personnality of the Horned Reaper.
However, with Dungeon Keeper 2, I didn't have that much fun, maybe because it is the same game but with a very different interface and some missing features.
However, overall, this is a very good package and I highly recommend buying it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun, January 14, 2014
Pretty good game that I have played numerous times. Just lost my previous one and this was to be the replacement. So I am glad that I have it and it works in good condition. The graphics are not the greatest but it is an old game. Thanks.

4.0 out of 5 stars Game1 good game2 freezes, March 6, 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
D.K.1 is fun, entertaining and keeps you busy. It's an old game but very hip for its time. D.K.2 is more entertaining than the first game but it freezes too much. I have played it on different machines and it has the same issue. The best way to play it is to constantly save, once it crashes/freezes, reload and hope for the best.

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeper for all time!, February 21, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This is one game that I will never ever get rid of, I bought the double pack on here because this game is just unheard of amounts of fun, in both games you have your over the top view with you hand that can pick up and drop creatures, you can cast spells from your hand and slap creatures that disobey, or need to work harder, or just need a good slapping! One of the particular spells allows you to become first person, on ANY creature, allowing you to use their powers and spells and abilities, and again this is in both games, so there are various styles in playing this game and the best thing to do and to ensure victory is to combine everything and give the enemy a good beat down be it a group outing or a personal attack during the possession of your strongest creature! I love this game, both of them, wish they had finished the third, truly great games. Thank you for having them online and in a double pack! Recommended for EVERYONE!

4.0 out of 5 stars Both Games Great but problems with DK2, January 14, 2004
CheetahsSpot "darkspod" (North Augusta, SC United States) - See all my reviews
I loved the first game. I have actually bought it twice before, but lost them. When I saw this set I had to buy it again. The first game was great and runs fine when you backdate XP to 95 for it. However DK2 still has the CD copy protection and this made it huge pain to get to run. From what I had to go through, you basically have to crack the game in order to play it. The game is good even with the long load times and the mini movies inbetween games were sometimes hilarious. However, do be prepared to go through a few hoops to get it to run.

5.0 out of 5 stars Phenomenal, May 1, 2002
By A Customer
DK and DKII provide a very unique experience that is just awesome: The ability to be the bad guys. I have never seen another game like it, especially at a quality level of these games. Although, I do like DK better than DKII both games are extremely fun to play, and doesn't take long to learn how to play. Also, it meshes Stratedgy and 1st POV experience into one. I definetlyl recommend this for anyone who is really into stratedgy games, or someone who just wants to be bad.

5.0 out of 5 stars great! increadible!, July 18, 2002
By A Customer
i loved being the bad guys. it was great killing some preachy noble good guys.

Dungeon Keeper / Dungeon Keeper 2 (Jewel Case) - PC
Dungeon Keeper / Dungeon Keeper 2 (Jewel Case) - PC by Electronic Arts (Windows 95 / 98 / Me)
$98.50
In stock. Usually ships within 3 to 4 days.
Rate and Discover Movies