Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara [Online Game Code]
|You Save:||$10.05 (67%)|
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara brings reworkings of two of Capcom’s classic arcade hits -Dungeons & Dragons: Tower of Doom and Dungeons & Dragons: Shadow over Mystara – together in one definitive digital package. Just as in the arcades, up to four players will select their character class before doing battle against the mythical beasts from the Dungeons and Dragons’ universe with a mix of melee, range and magic attacks.
- GGPO Enhanced Online With Drop-in/Drop-out Co-Op Play: Community-trusted GGPO powers a smooth online experience that allows up to four players to drop in or out of games in progress at will.
- Classic Arcade Gameplay with a New Twist: Players can enjoy the original arcade modes or mix up the gameplay with House Rules that can completely alter the experience.
- Some examples of House Rules:
- Unbreakable - Equipable items have infinite durability. Never worry about breakage again!
- Enemy Rush - Fight against time in this special Time Attack Mode. Start the game clock with 30 seconds and increase the clock with each enemy you kill!
- Make it Rain – Get rich quick! Enemies and chests drop tons of gold!
- Challenge System: A newly introduced RPG-like system that fits on top of the existing games and provides a myriad of challenges for players to complete. Players can level up and obtain Vault Coins to be used in the Vault.
- The Vault: A treasure trove of unlockables and gameplay loot can be purchased with Vault Coins earned via the Challenge System.
- Character Visualizer: This UI visualizer tracks which characters the players and their friends most often use. Players can utilize the tool to create a more balanced multiplayer dungeon crew, or to see which under-used characters they should try out next.
- Leaderboards & Connected Arcade: Players can track how they stack up against their friends through leaderboards, as well as view a full breakdown of gameplay related stats.
Requires Steam Client to activate.
|Processor:||Intel Dual Core 1.8GHz (or higher) or AMD Athlon II X2 (or higher)|
|RAM:||1GB (or higher)|
|Hard Drive:||315 MB|
|Video Card:||nVidia GF6600 (or higher) or ATi X1600 (or higher) with 256MB of RAM|
|Additional Info:||DirectX 11/Shader3.0 or higher|
Top Customer Reviews
My only complaint is that Capcom doesn't do anyhting with this IP. The RPG BMup genre has way too little going on.
For newcomers, the game is a blast to play a couple times with a friend. It's a fantasy beat-em-up with several different classes, and a large variety of enemies and pickups. Decent graphics, (the smooth filter used to scale the graphics seems a bit poor at times, but it's not bad most of the time. And you can always disable the filter if you want to see the original look.) and memorable music. (Although the title screen music for Tower of Doom is a bad choice, it loops almost immediately!)
The game is a lot of fun especially with a controller, although you'll probably want to setup your own scheme, since Tower of Doom and Shadows of Mystara have slightly different controls for some reason... (Also note, you have to press start on the controller at the first title loading screen to use a controller...).
Difficulty is actually really pretty easy due to having unlimited lives. It might have been a better/tougher experience actually, if you could set the amount of credits you start with... Not sure if there was a way to change that, I didn't see a way. It just counts up each time you die.
Story is pretty good for an arcade game, mostly set in stone, but at the end of some stages, you are given choices on which path you should take next. This adds quite a bit to the replayability and interaction.
Lastly, this port adds unlockables to the game; mostly interesting bits of artwork, and a few easy and challenge mode settings. It's not interesting though, and will probably be mostly appreciated by hardcore fans of the original.Read more ›
It has some filters, but this is NOT an HD remake. It uses the original 90's era assets. So if you were expecting Crysis 3, well, that's more of a personal issue.
True to the original right down to the sound effects.
My only complaint is the wonky controller support on Steam, but not sure this is an issue with this game or Steam.
It is rather annoying to have to play this with a keyboard instead of Controller.
However, that aside, this little gem was a great trip down memory lane and the best part is - No need for a pocket full of quarters!
This product is good.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
They saying this have renew Graphic but Not, it look like a mame graphic no more improve I was CheatedPublished 24 months ago by Harrison Chae
I own the Sega Saturn version of this - imported it when it came out in 1999. Got this version for the PC and enjoyed it, but I would recommend getting it on the Xbox 360 if you... Read morePublished 24 months ago by A. Friedrich
I got mine on a heavy sale, and for the money I spent it was worth it. But at full price you will be disappointed to know the graphics are not updated, issues with controllers... Read morePublished 24 months ago by Rahabib
But where is the HD graphic?
I wish CAPCCOM can really make a new chapter of the series, or give me a true remade game.
I buy this game just cheep price.
actually MAME D&D game play is better than this.
multi has no man
and graphic is poor too.