Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Dunham by New Balance Men's Burlington Waterproof Oxford
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on March 24, 2015
I really love New Balance Dunham Shoes and I was very excited to get a new pair of oxfords. Got them yesterday, put them on and an hour later the leather on the left shoe cracked and the dye started to fall off. Wow, what a poorly made shoe. See pic :(
review image
on November 26, 2008
These shoes come in sizes that are hard to find (e.g., Size 12, 4E), which is why I was attracted to them. Plus, Dunham makes quality shoes and I needed black dress shoes. They arrived quickly. The shoes are comfortable to wear from the beginning - no break-in period. The shoes come with a removable cushioned pad inside. These shoes are orthopedics friendly. I found them true to size. They also have a wide, deep toe box.
I didn't think I would really need "waterproof" shoes, until the first night I wore them with a suit and it rained hard, but my feet were dry. Great shoes.
77 comments| 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 27, 2009
I wear custom insoles, a foot brace, and have arthritis in my feet. I can't get the insole in just any shoe and not just any shoe is comfortable. I also wear a suit and tie daily, and most shoes deep enough to take the insole and brace look awful, look too casual, or only come in black. Really, how many casual black shoes can a guy wear with a suit and tie? Well, I tried a pair of these shoes in brown----they fit great and look great, and the soles look like next-to-new, even in their 3rd year! None of that crepe stuff that wears down in 6 months. I like them so well, I got a black pair. They are waterproof; they don't look it.They even polish well. Thank you Dunham! Ever consider trying a second style built just like these? There was one issue: the brown pair D width is slightly narrower than the black pair in D width. I can cope.
on February 15, 2013
These shoes are comfortable and appear well-made, but on a wet tile( or other smooth surface) floor, they are extremely slippery. I've almost fallen several times. They mop the floor at work every day, so I have to be very careful. I may not be able to wear them to work at all. If I had known their slip tendency, I would not have bought them, even though I've had good luck with Dunham shoes before.
on September 12, 2015
I've been buying Dunham Shoes for the past couple years for work. They are better than the $50-$60 department store brands and last longer. I wear a size 12-4e, so its nice to find a shoe that fits. Typically I get 10-12 months out of a pair of these, wearing them for work 5 days a week. Around the 6 month mark the support seems to wear out for me. I can tell when this happens because I begin to get bad foot (arch) pains. What I do is put a pair of insoles into the shoes. That way I extend their usable life. The support will definitely wear out before the rest of the shoe.

What I don't like is the skyrocketing costs of these shoes. I looked in my purchase history here on Amazon. I purchased Dunhams for $49 (Aug 2014) on Amazon when they were on sale. Back in April (2015) I purchased this shoe for $88.. And now, in Sept (2015) they are $129. What justifies the huge price increase?

So I would give the shoes 4 stars (minus 1 star for arch support). I would not buy these again if the price keeps going up. I don't think its worth it at $129. So I will give it 2 stars for pricing fluctuation issues. Overall 3 stars.
on October 4, 2008
I was shopping for a standard style shoe for office and evening casual. I have to order wider sizes and so its a sometimes hit and miss thing as not all sizes and widths are what they say. When these arrived, in perfect condition, I tried them on and walked about the house during the evening. The size and width were correct (9.5 4E)and there weren't any bad rubbing or pinch points. I tried them the next day at work (brought a back up pair of sneaks, too) and found that I could go the whole day without sore spots or other breaking in problems. Its been about a month now and I'm still not having problems, so these have been a hit for me.
on February 5, 2010
i tested them and they are indeed waterproof. i needed them to walk in puddles and in the rain. looks pretty decent, good enough to wear in a business environment. i took off one star for comfort. shoe is not very supportive, can cause discomfort after walking several minutes. this is an issue caused by not only the sole but the back part that touches the back part of your ankle, it digs in and hurts after a while -- i had to use bandaids to shield my skin against them. other than that, not bad.
on June 24, 2015
it took experimentation to realize that 8 &1/2 US, medium width, is my size, and even 8 & 1/2 of other brands/models were too big. With this shoe, I have finally found a stylish, dressy, comfortable fit, for work, weddings, and even informal attire; I have already received my 2nd pair, and I plan very soon to order a third pair, which of course prolongs the life of each one, as I rotate their use.
review image
on November 15, 2010
Size 17 EEEE... Not to mention being 6' 3 and 310lbs. Finding a comfortable shoe has always been a quest for me. Living in NYC means a lot of walking (up and down the stairs to the subway, running for the bus, trying to catch a taxi etc.) A comfortable shoe is a must have! I ordered the shoe and within a couple of days it was delivered. It's very comfortable, roomy and it looks really nice (even on a big foot) I would order it again without any hesitation!
on January 3, 2016
I've owned dozens of shoes in my life and these have been the single best pair. They fit my wide 6E foot well but that's too be expected. Where these really shine is in the durability department. ALL of my shoes wear out rather quickly. I have had issues with the soles splitting, the insides wearing out, the side walls tearing from the base etc. These have minor wear on the outside and that's all i can complain about. They look nice and a grippy on floors. They aren't super Shiney for formal wear but they look good in any other scenario. I will buy another pair when these go out but for the first time I cannot forsee when that will be.