Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Dunham by New Balance Men's Prospect Lace Up
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on April 3, 2013
I ordered and returned three pairs of these shoes. All suffered from the same mismatched leather between shoes. Some shoes were perfectly smooth while others had a very textured leather (like alligator skin).

If you decide to try these, get a half size smaller on length and one size bigger width. I wear a standard 11, but had to go with the 10 1/2 in 2E, which I ended up returning anyway due to the quality control issues.
on April 22, 2011
i have worn these very good shoes for a few days @ work.....so far , so good.
> the early signs are this shoe is VERY comfortable, sturdy, well balanced & supportive
> the leather is soft to the touch, waterproofed and will buff up easily
> they are VERY light ( like a good sneaker ) due to the synthetic material used in the middle section of the sole ( there is RUBBER on the very bottom for ground traction )
> i will use these shoes as primary pair for work
> i will return w/ another review in about 6 months....notes on durability & wear then
on November 19, 2013
I got these to replace some New Balance leather upper walkers on which I wore out the soles. No wonder New Balance doesn't make the other style any more. These were more expensive than the ones they replaced, but also much nicer in style and construction.
on March 7, 2015
I should probably give these shoes 5 stars because they are so comfortable. These shoes exemplify why I buy New Balance shoes. The sizing is predictable. There is plenty of room for the toes and the platform or support that the sole provides is not only stable but very comfortable for my knees and legs. This is hard to describe but other brands would wear oddly and my knees would hurt after a short period of time. This never happens with New Balance. The only reason I have not give 5 stars is that the appearance of these shoes is only average. But that is not the "main thing" for me.
on December 16, 2013
This is my third pair of these shoes. If you have motion control issues (pronation) like me, you want a solid base with little twisting. The sole is a bit thick for dress, but perfect for every day with jeans or chinos.
on July 31, 2015
Great shoes, great fit & feel. Keeps my feet dry. Someone commented on the leather being different from 1 pair to another. That is the nature of natural leather; it's not a man made product. The leather does match with each pair... That's the important thing. Lightweight with great support. The longest wearing non-slip soles and shoes I ever owned. Highly recommended!
on September 9, 2013
The width and length of the shoe is fine. The heel area is a little too loose for my feet and my feet tend to rub the cushioned sides as I walk. I put in heel liners but they did not help much.

I am still wearing the shoes but will not purchase these again.
VINE VOICEon January 4, 2015
This is my second pair of Dunham shoes. I have wide feet and they make shoes in the 4E size that fits me. I have been wearing these shoes for several weeks, in the rain and the snow. They are extremely comfortable and, so far, have shown no wear. The soles also have a good grip on slick surfaces. All in all, another great pair of Dunham shoes. I plan to buy another pair in a couple of years when these wear out.
on May 30, 2015
Dunham leather looks great on top and combined with new balance support of my soles on bottom, there is nothing more comfortable and at the same time stylish for me for work that is a mix of walking, standing, sitting.
on February 10, 2016
I've owned numerous pairs of these for the past 10+ years. The recent buys have been less than the original quality and width sizing errors.

Along with that the leather has varied and a few have been totally different-not matching in texture and leather quality.

The soles are still great walking and long term use 'pedals' hah...kidding aside the QC/QA has diminished in the last few years for this 'Prospect' shoe.

I hope Dunham/NB can hear us all and now that it's near discontinued resolve these matters for replacements.