Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Duo Pinball for iPad
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on November 26, 2012
The Duo Pinball for iPad is pretty awesome. It feels like an old fashioned pinball arcade with the old school bumper buttons and ball plunger. There are also several themed games to play which look amazing. The themes were well done and interesting to watch. It connects using bluetooth which hooked up really easy and worked great. I brought it to our family thanksgiving dinner and everyone wanted to play. The young kids, teenagers and adults were all trying to beat each others score. The adults were telling the kids about playing the old school games and the kids were teaching to adults how to use the iPad. It really brought the kids and adults closer together talking geek to each other.

It's really fun and easy to play. I definitely got my moneys with out of this game in just one day!

Robert
on October 18, 2012
I got the Atari Arcade as a gift for a family member last year from this company, and they absolutely loved it, so when I heard about the Duo Pinball, I HAD to check it out. I love that they are bringing new life into old retro type games! The pinball app details are unreal and the Duo Pinball makes it so much easier to play the Pinball apps. I highly recommend this for anyone who loves the retro games or just plain Pinball!
on November 29, 2012
iPad slides in and then the tabs secure it for a good solid feel. I was concerned about bluetooth lag but it does not appear when using the flippers but does appear when you plunge the ball (slight lag) If you like pinball you will like this device. It only works with pinballHD app which have several tables that you buy separately , my favorite is Platoon & Slayer.
on September 16, 2013
I would give this more stars, but expect zero support on this item, as the company has gone out of business. The price is pretty cheap though, so keep that in mind. Once you download the recommended app, you will have access to three free tables (not 5 as is claimed on the packaging). I tried to buy more tables in the app, but got a ton of errors. I wrote to the app developers, and they just released an update to the app that might fix these problems. I'll edit my review to reflect any changes.

That being said, the table play is pretty fun. A very slight bluetooth lag, but it really is a fun accessory for the Ipad, especially for the price.
on January 29, 2016
I realize this is no longer supported and Amazon is probably just selling NOS. The included batteries were all corroded, which shows it has probably been on a shelf for a while. That said, it does work well. I am using it with an iPad mini 2 (more on that in a minute) and had no problems connecting to it and response time is fine. I am not seeing any lag.

Of course the iPad mini does not fit in it, but for now I am just leaving the iPad in a different stand (that can rotate horizontal and vertical) and just using the controller on my lap. Of course I loose the ability to shake the table, but it also simplifies things if I just decide to play a quick game or two and don't have to do anything except pick up the controller.

As for the app, as others noted, there are better pinball apps out there. While this one is not too bad, they have flooded it with ads. Even if you buy a table, you are forced to watch 30 second ads (that you can not exit out of) and other ads if you do anything such as just go tot he main menu, or settings etc. Even just starting the app forces you to watch an ad. If they want to put ads in the unpaid tables, that is fine, but I should not have to watch them to play a table I already paid for.

Now of course the above is not reviewing the device, but one should know that even though it works, it will not be a fun experience with the ads.
on November 24, 2012
Wow - who would have thought that a pinball "machine" for the iPad would be the hit game of our Thanksgiving this year?! 6 boys in the house aged 6-16 and everyone one of them loved this pinball game! We downloaded the snow pinball game and they love it! A surprisingly fun gift if you're looking for something to buy for people with an iPad. very cool.
on April 22, 2014
I won an iPad Air. I have an full size iPad too. I have no use for my iPad Air so I thought this would have been a great little toy for the Air.

It was made for just one game. But it is great for pinball, and it's cheep in price. It works great with my iPad. However, it is to big for my iPad Air. It is about a half of an inch two wide for the iPad Air. If I put a yellow #2 pencil on each side it would fit. It works with the iPad Air but it doesn't fit. I should have seen that coming since they say it works with the iPhone.

The reason it works it is just a blue tooth connection. I was kind of hoping it was a charging station too. It takes AAA batteries. There are no wires, or connectors, between the game and the iPad.

I still gave it 5 stars because it does what it promised and for $8 one can't complain.
on November 30, 2012
The Duo Pinball is a cute, but pricey, accessory for anyone that has an iPad and loves pinball. Using the Duo Pinball gave me the feeling that I was really sitting in front of a pinball machine. The buttons were very responsive and the plunger gave me a fun "realism" feeling.

Setup was very easy. The base can only be paired with one iPad at a time, so keep that in mind if your household has multiple iPads. The first iPad must be un-paired before a different one can be paired.

I use a slim front and back cover on my iPad (Apple Smart Cover on the front and an Incipio IPAD-255 New iPad Smart Feather Ultralight Hard Shell Case - Black on the back) and putting the iPad into the Duo Pinball base was VERY snug. I ended up not forcing the bottom bracket into place but still had a very comfortable play session.
on November 24, 2012
Pinball machines - It seems as though they have existed for the longest time. Actually I was surprised to learn that something similar existed back in the 1700s. I played a bit back in the 80s but as I got older, I rarely hung up where you would find these machines. I remember seeing a report on the news about someone collecting them which took quite some space in his basement. I was impressed by his love and dedication of the game. Still every now and then, I wonder if a pinball would be a fun thing to have in our house. Real pinball machines can be extremely expensive - it's an investment for sure.

However, if you love pinball and want to have the possibility of playing with one more regularly, let me present you the Duo Pinball device for the iPad. This device plays exclusively with Pinball HD and Pinball HD Collection apps that are available on iTunes but you will see how fabulous it is. As you can see on the right picture, the device itself is a plastic base that his tilted a bit to give you the impression of playing on a real pinball machine. Two side buttons control the flippers and a spring-loaded plunger will help you to shoot the ball into the game.

When installing the iPad in it, it will fit snugly into the Duo Pinball device and won't move easily. This feature is perfect because you don't want to miss some cool shoots when playing. What is interesting is that you can play sitting down with this instead of standing up while playing on a regular pinball machine.

The spring-loaded plunger is very quiet and work fabulously well. When I tried the device, I had not realized that I needed to set up the Bluetooth on the iPad so that it recognize it. Why?, you might wonder. Well the device is connected wirelessly to your iPad. Three batteries need to be inserted in the back of it. But once I did, I quickly became speechless and got absorbed in the Wild West game. I had fun and I know that this jewel of a device will bring much joy for the rest of my family. Also, when you launch the app you will unlock five free tables - Wild West, The Deep, Snow, Jungle Style and DaVinci. Other tables are also available for the price of 0.99$ or 2.99$. The colors in the app are breathtaking and the game is fun to say the least.

My kids have not played often with a pinball machine I believe. Well maybe the oldest did. But going to places where pinball machines can be found could get pricey for us with a family of six. So having the Duo Pinball will allow them to experience the joy of playing on pinball machines without having to make a huge investment in purchasing one or spending too much at an arcade. Mind you I don't mind them having fun at an arcade every once in a while but I prefer having the opportunity for them at home where I know they will practice as much as they want.

Wondering what to buy for your loved one this Christmas? You know that pinball machines are attractive to him or her? Do you have an iPad? If so, why not getting the Duo Pinball device as a Christmas surprise. It will bring joy and hours of fun in your family!
on August 30, 2013
I have to admit that I was skeptical. On Amazon the price is so cheap (I saw it in TJ Maxx for $5 more) that I figured it must be junk. But that is not the case. It really does make the iPad feel like a pinball machine. Well, ok, it won't replace the real thing. But it is a nice simulation. Well worth it for any pinball fan.