Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Duofold Men's Mid Weight Varitherm Crew Neck Thermal Shirt
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on January 28, 2014
These are great for extremely cold days when I have to work outside (I live on a farm). They provide extra warmth but aren't at all bulky, and are light weight enough that even when I'm working I don't overheat in them. As some other folks mentioned, the sleeves are on the short size -- they don't quite reach my wrists -- but that way the sleeves don't peek out underneath whatever else I am wearing. I also got the expedition weight version Duofold Men's Expedition Weight Crew Thermal Top for even colder days.
on April 11, 2014
Thermal underwear works best if it is skin tight. Loose thermal underwear lets cold air in underneath and doesn't wick or breath well. I weigh 160 pounds and my chest is in the medium range (according to the size chart), but I had to return it for size small to get a decent fit. Unfortunately, the shirt is too short in the arms and torso in size small (and I'm not especially tall). I don't need a compression fit, but a spandex-blend shirt really needs to fit more closely. Also, at this price, I expect better contouring i the shoulders and chest for a more comfortable fit.
on April 17, 2014
I've been in search of some decent long underwear for occasional use. It's not something I would need to work in every day or for sub-zero weather. I just wanted something decent that was breathable since it's easy to go from cold to hot once you start sweating. I recently got a mid and expedition crew for what I assume was some kind of winter clearance since the price was marked down considerably. Since the cold weather is behind us I haven't really put them to the test. However, we have had a couple of cold days recently in the mid-atlantic so I decided to at least test them for size and to see how they performed in cool weather.

When you try it on it feels like any other tight fitting long sleeve t-shirt. I'm 5'11' and about 185 lbs with an athletic build, and an XL was pretty comfortable. One thing I did notice, which other reviewers have commented on, was that the sleeves are definitely a bit short. One of the reasons I picked XL over L was because I wanted to increase my odds of not having this happen. I'm guessing it is by design, but it's a little annoying to me. Not a big deal when you're wearing it under something else, but less than ideal when you're wearing just the shirt alone.
on June 5, 2016
I purchased these, thinking they were the regular thermal shirts. I got it and opened it up, and said oh boy I really messed up. I thought about bidding them. I took them to the hubby and said I made a big mistake. He took the shirt and said oh cool these are what the young fellas at work are wearing. He had me wash them and started to wear them.

My mistake turned into his favorite thermal shirts. These shirts are very soft against the skin. They are very warm, without the bulk. They were worn for three months, and have not faded, nor have they shrunk one bit. Yes we had a much milder winter than ever, but he never once said he was chilly while wearing them.

His job is being outside for hours at a time, and when inside there is very little to no heat. He wears them under his long sleeve cotton work shirt, and is very happy with them.

I have now gotten several of these and they are made very well, and should last a long time. So if you are looking for something warm, without adding bulk, give this some thought.
on December 13, 2015
Very very nice quality. I have to give Duofold 5 stars. It is an excellent product. I am from a patently cold region during the winter months...this extra layer is a requirement, and Duofold did well.
on March 5, 2016
My husband works outdoors often and would get pretty cold in the winter, especially overnight. This Duofold shirt completely takes care of that problem, and he loves it. It also looks pretty nice, so he's been known to wear it as just a regular shirt if we're going somewhere casual. It's easy to care for, and comfy.

I should mention where we live it rarely gets below 30 degrees Fahrenheit overnight, so I don't think this would be a great shirt for somewhere much colder, but it's great for layering and keeping him comfortable in our climate. He mostly wears it when it's in the high 20s to low 50s, under another shirt.
on February 23, 2016
Okay -- I know this is supposed to be a base layer garment, but it is unbelievably comfortable and it looks great, so I find myself wearing it as an outer shirt. I bought it as a base layer for cool weather hiking. I live in Florida, so when I go north for hiking in the mountains of North Carolina and Virginia, it seems chilly. I know we Floridians are weather wimps, but this light weight base layer is nice to have and easy to pull off and stick into the backpack when it warms up or my body warms up from hiking.

Short review: Very comfortable and excellent quality.
on January 11, 2016
i check the measurement for this shirt and i did picked the correct size however it was too large for me, it also didn't help in windy areas where i was hoping that this shirt will help but it didn't, and when i went indoors i was sweating profusely and this shirt is not good at absorbing water, so my sweat is trapped under the shirt making it pretty uncomfortable
on January 28, 2016
...for a mid-weight shirt. No real complaints beyond that. Fit, etc, are all fine

I am a HUGE fan of the matching mid-weight bottoms... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006SRT1WC/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3J9HHBD4UD3EQ&coliid=I30RZW57TID8PO&psc=1
on March 21, 2015
I purchased this thermal to wear at work under my work shirt. I work in a cooler so I needed something to keep my body heat a little more insulated. I purposely got the size smaller than I normally would because I don't like the sleeves to go all the way down to my wrists because my hands get pretty dirty at work. I loved the way the first one worked so I bought another. To me it's worth the price.