Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on January 21, 2013
My shirt is already unraveling up the side, which is ridiculous. Its not that the shirt is too small or under any stress either. I actually bought it oversized a bit. Its just not as well made as the ancient one by the same company I bought it to replace. Like many companies, this one seems to have let quality slip over the years.
on November 23, 2013
I have been wearing duofolds for many years and the comfort level is great. It has been about 5 years since my last shirt and the elbows are wearing out so it was time to replenish. The new shirt I am wearing now is thinner than the older ones...same weight. I cannot find ANYWHERE a large-tall. On the large the sleeves are too short as is the waist. I am 6 ft and a skinny 155 lbs. I would suggest an extra large if you want proper sleeve and waist length. But as I wrote the comfort level is great.
on November 25, 2013
Had been wearing duofold thermals for years now - the olive color ones that are 45% merino wool. Seems like the 45% wool ones are no longer being made. I am very disappointed with the fit of this, it feels bulky, doesn't conform to the body and not as warm. They are definitely well made and sturdy looking, but feels uncomfortable as an undershirt. Runs big compared to the previous models.
on December 2, 2013
I have bought these mid weight shirts in the past, always in large. This time the large was too small for me. I still have two of the shirts that are a couple of years old in large and they fit. Had to send it back for an X-Large. I ordered the bottoms at the same time in my usual X-Large and they fit just fine. I am 5'8 and around 160 lbs. Seems the shirts are running smaller now. I really do like the Duofold originals a lot in any event. Have wore them for years.

Update: Got the X-Large shirt in to replace the large one and it is almost too small. The tail and sleeves are both almost too short and I am not a large person. Washed in cold water and dryed delicate. It seems the material is not as thick as when I've purchased them in the past. Also, the shirt is a darker blue than the pants. Maybe Duofold is going downhill. That would be a shame.
on March 14, 2009
About as good as long thermals can get if you want cotton on your skin. I'm hyper-allergenic and many synthetics cause itching and redness. The cotton layer next to your skin is like mana from heaven. So far they are holding up great to washings. The fit is great. Good warmth. I'm very happy to have finally found a reasonably priced thermal with cotton on my skin.
on July 17, 2012
If you keep your thermostat low in the winter, you'll need Duofold to wear around the house. Soft cotton knit inside and insulating wool outside, you'll feel the difference immediately. Save your high tech wicking scratchy synthetics for X-C skiing. This is what you want when you curl up in the evening with a good book.
on October 9, 2014
I hate being cold--for obvious reasons. I hate old thermal underwear because my sweat--from trying to stay warm--eliminates their insulating properties. Then, I'm wearing wet underwear in the cold. I'm tried Patagonia's Capilene and find it works well for the first wearing after first washing--then it is too small and over the summer it turns yellow.

Champion never gets wet and never shrinks. My last pair is still in perfect condition. I've gone from being a large to being a medium. I hope to be able to talk to the dead.
on April 8, 2014
I'm pleased with my dark blue Duofold men's long-sleeve thermal shirt. The sleeves do run a bit short as other reviews have noted. I have somewhat long arms, but they're not that long. One advantage (I don't know if it's intentional) is that the sleeves form a pretty tight seal with my arms, which helps trap heat. I ordered it in a large and use it as a base layer. I'm 6'0" tall, weigh about 190-210 lbs and have a fairly athletic build, but it doesn't fit me like the guy in the product photo. The fit's somewhat roomier, like a well-fitting t-shirt. I haven't washed it yet, however, so it might shrink. Bottom line, these get the job done when the weather gets cold. Highly recommended.
on April 20, 2014
I purchased two sets of these midweight thermals in August of 2012 and after two winters' use decided to purchase two more. They have served me well and I am very satisfied with the fit and durability over that time period. The only hiccup I have had was a month or so ago, I nicked my overalls and thermals while cutting firewood with a chainsaw. Iron-on patches took care of both and I will get at least another winter or more out of them (leg was not touched). This past winter was rather severe and the only time that I had to put on another layer (insulated Carhartt overalls) while plowing snow with my ATV during single digit days .
on November 12, 2014
I fell in love with Duofold years ago, but the shirt was a bit tight, so I went to Amazon and ...eureka, Amazon had this line. I live at 8000 feet in Taos, New Mexico where the temps this time of year are very cold. This lightweight shirt is perfect for my needs.

See 1 answered question