5.0 out of 5 stars medium was long enough!
Was very concerned that it would not be long enough, but I didn't want baggy (I have skinny legs). This was not baggy, and despite being a medium it was long enough too (I'm 6'2").
Published 15 months ago by Davers

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice material; bizarre fit.
I love the material, but I have no idea why they cut it in this manner. The waist is perfect, but the crotch is way too big and low, and the legs are short. I don't know what kind of creature these were designed for, but they probably have fur already and are thus not in need of thermal underwear.
Published 11 months ago by Bryan

5.0 out of 5 stars medium was long enough!, September 23, 2013
Davers (Elkton, MD) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Shrinks a fair amount!, December 30, 2013
Vin Talwar (Houston, TX USA) - See all my reviews
Here are measurements of the medium sized bottom, before and after washing/drying on low heat.
Before: overall length 40", width across hips 18"
After: overall length 37", width across hips 17.5".
Waistband at rest is 31".
If contemplating a medium, compare above with a garment that fits well.
Feel of fabric is very soft and light, altogether quite comfortable. Seems warm enough for normal daily outdoor activities in 30 to 40 degree weather.
I would encourage others to post the before/after washing dimensions of articles of clothing they review. Much more useful than statements that it shrank up to one's knees etc. etc.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice material; bizarre fit., January 5, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality very comfortable product, November 30, 2013
This review is from: Duofold Men's Original Mid Weight Bottom (Apparel)
I had a pair of these that I wore almost constantly over four winters before they finally wore out (only took them off to wash them, or to wash me.) I am just as pleased with this new pair, and find these thermals to be super value for the price. They keep me warm outdoors in the mid 20 to 50 degree weather we usually have, but aren't too warm for being inside if I'm not very active. I like the fit, as they're snug but not too tight, but I am a rather skinny person. They're also long enough to tuck into my mid-calf socks, and don't pull out with movement. I have a 34" inseam. I highly recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fit, great look, functional and effective, December 27, 2013
I bought these for myself looking for a higher-quality thermal-type undergarment for the really cold days. Lo and behold, I did myself a favor. Throw away your itchy/crappy/falsely warm cheap thermal-type underwears and invest in these. They're comfortable, the fly is accessible, and the fit is good.

For sizing, I'm a bit odd, because I have a huge butt and a 34 waist, despite only clocking in at 5'9" and 180lbs. These sit comfortably on me, and a medium was definitely the right size choice for me. There's enough material at the top and bottom so that they're just really comfortable to wear. I like lounging in them too, although I do close the blinds because I'm worried what my neighbors would think.

1.0 out of 5 stars Extremely strange sizing. I don't even know how to recommend the size to buy to be honest..., October 30, 2014
I'm not sure who's pelvis these were designed before, but it certainly isn't mine or anyone I know. I have bigger than average legs (cyclist/mountain biker/runner) and a 32" waist. The legs on the large were still a bit loose on me, but that's not the issue - it's the pelvis area... It comes up almost to my nipples. It's like they're made for a cartoon drawing of Giant Pelvis Man or something...

No clue what the size to recommend for anyone else - I just returned them after getting a few laughs from my girlfriend while trying them on...

3.0 out of 5 stars Quality is less than they used to be., January 12, 2014
These used to be the best long underwear around. Each year I notice them thinner with less merino wool and poorer quality. The mediums were short for a tall person (my son is 6'2"). They were short after going through the drier. I still buy them, as they really are nice to wear, but I'm so sad to see the quality gone.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, January 8, 2014
Not the same I wore deployed to Bosnia in the military 20 years ago. I sent a note home talking about how cold I was and my family sent me a full set of duofold thermals which I still own and love.
My new set I bought with the same expectation of quality but I'm disappointed. One wash and now they're too short
Both of my duotherm sets are medium in size. My 20 year old set still fits perfect
My new bottoms washed once and air dried are now too short.

4.0 out of 5 stars Husband loves them., December 2, 2013
DH loves these. We got them so he could where them to work or hunting and have worked fantastic in keeping him warm.

1.0 out of 5 stars Product seemed used!!, January 30, 2014
Ordered thermals and the packaging came with scotch tape on the outside and a box that seemed opened. For underwear this is a cardinal sin. I ordered a small and the box said LARGE but the sticker on the back said SMALL Inside it was indeed a Large. Any type of underwear should come in a sealed package. Will never buy from this company again.

Duofold Men's Original Mid Weight Bottom