5.0 out of 5 stars great for working outside

2.0 out of 5 stars very loose boxy fit
Published 8 months ago by l2

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars very loose boxy fit, April 11, 2014
Thermal underwear works best if it is skin tight. Loose thermal underwear lets cold air in underneath and doesn't wick or breath well. I weigh 160 pounds and my chest is in the medium range (according to the size chart), but I had to return it for size small to get a decent fit. Unfortunately, the shirt is too short in the arms and torso in size small (and I'm not especially tall). I don't need a compression fit, but a spandex-blend shirt really needs to fit more closely. Also, at this price, I expect better contouring i the shoulders and chest for a more comfortable fit.

5.0 out of 5 stars great for working outside, January 28, 2014
These are great for extremely cold days when I have to work outside (I live on a farm). They provide extra warmth but aren't at all bulky, and are light weight enough that even when I'm working I don't overheat in them. As some other folks mentioned, the sleeves are on the short size -- they don't quite reach my wrists -- but that way the sleeves don't peek out underneath whatever else I am wearing. I also got the expedition weight version Duofold Men's Expedition Weight Crew Thermal Top for even colder days.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice mid weight long underwear, April 17, 2014
I've been in search of some decent long underwear for occasional use. It's not something I would need to work in every day or for sub-zero weather. I just wanted something decent that was breathable since it's easy to go from cold to hot once you start sweating. I recently got a mid and expedition crew for what I assume was some kind of winter clearance since the price was marked down considerably. Since the cold weather is behind us I haven't really put them to the test. However, we have had a couple of cold days recently in the mid-atlantic so I decided to at least test them for size and to see how they performed in cool weather.

When you try it on it feels like any other tight fitting long sleeve t-shirt. I'm 5'11' and about 185 lbs with an athletic build, and an XL was pretty comfortable. One thing I did notice, which other reviewers have commented on, was that the sleeves are definitely a bit short. One of the reasons I picked XL over L was because I wanted to increase my odds of not having this happen. I'm guessing it is by design, but it's a little annoying to me. Not a big deal when you're wearing it under something else, but less than ideal when you're wearing just the shirt alone.

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent shirt., February 5, 2014
I've bought shirts like this from Target in the past. When this first line came out a few years ago this shirt was great. I bought a couple of these but we're different material than what this is. I saw this line again and decided to try it out. First of all I'm 5-8 175 ins with slightly longer arms. I tried it on and the the sleeves reached about an inch short of my wrist. Wasn't too happy. My main purpose for this is running/jogging and golfing in the winters which can dip down to lo 30 s. Overall decent material. If you were gonna buy same thing from Under Armer you would pay double.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the product, January 1, 2014
We were living in Mexico and even though the climate is mostly moderate, it can still get cold (into the 30's) during January. My wife purchased this top and the accompanying bottoms to wear under pajamas during these cold winters and they work great. I have since moved to Houston, and use them under clothing during out door activities on the very few really cold days that we have. I continue to love the product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Consider it light weight, April 29, 2014
I ordered small and seems a bit large on me. 5'4" - 130lb

Otherwise it seems like a lightweight than mid weight. For the price I can't complain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Long Sleeve Crew, November 18, 2014
Great as undergarment and layering in MN cold weather. Well made.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfectly warm & dry., March 24, 2014
PATRICK (Pensacola, FL, US) - See all my reviews
Fits perfect. Kept me not just warm but dry for two days of snowmobiling. This extra layer made the difference!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable., March 11, 2014
Warm without being to hot. Excellent at stopping wind penetration. Constructed very well. Wear it while golfing in cold weather and it doesn't constrain my swing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice alternative for tall ladies, August 7, 2013
A. Burfield (Charlotte, NC Area) - See all my reviews
At 6'2", women's sizes tend to come up short. These were perfect-the sleeves came slightly past my wrist. The overall style is slim fit, so was not baggy at all. For tall gals, I highly recommend.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›