5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!
Published 21 months ago by lknwa

1.0 out of 5 stars Sleeves are way too short
Published 21 months ago by SS

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, March 5, 2013
I have had trouble with poor circulation in my hands (Reynauds Syndrome). My research has indicated that maintaining core temperature should help keep the blood flowing to the extremities. I work in a very large, inadequately heated building and frequently have to hold my hands under warm water for several minutes to stimulate the blood vessels into reopening. I normally can't work for more than an hour or so below 50 degrees without losing feeling in 2 or 3 fingertips. Yesterday, it was 32 degrees when I got up, so I put this shirt to the test. I could feel the difference as soon as I put it on. I worked all day and drove home without a single fingertip turning white. I will be ordering some more.

4.0 out of 5 stars Expedition quality however Duofold sizes run small, April 18, 2013
This is a comfortable and comforting, well-made expedition-weight thermal shirt warmer than the mid-weight styles more popular in local sporting goods stores now that the winter season has been left behind (except for high altitudes in the Arizona desert at night). However, Duofold sizes tend to run small. My chest measures 36" but the Medium-size shirt fit snugly and the sleeves stopped two inches short of the wrists. Amazon obligingly rushed a Large-size exchange to me on the very next day with no charge for postage, including the prepaid return authorization. It is the right fit for me, not so tight that I feel squeezed. When warmth is required, a little extra material with a more relaxed fit is my recommendation.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good weight, short sleeves, December 26, 2012
After reading the reviews on this product I decided to buy a Small instead of my normal Med. I wanted a tighter fitting thermal. I was happy with my choice. The shirt fit perfectly, except for the sleeves. The sleeves seemed to fit a bit smaller and shorter than the rest of the shirt. It's not a big deal, I can still wear the shirt fine. I like the weight and feel of the shirt.

1.0 out of 5 stars Sleeves are way too short, February 20, 2013
This review is from: Duofold Men's Varitherm Expedition Weight Crew Thermal Top (Apparel)
The sizing runs a bit small, potentially because of the spandex, but one thing that is way to short are the sleeves. I am a 36 chest and 5'9", and ordered the 38-40 size because the 34-36 sleeves were too short. However, even the 38-40 sleeves are still short by at least a full inch. If you make any range of motion outside of making a cup of coffee, your sleeves come 4 inches up the forearm. Kinda defeats the purpose of "high activity" gear. Get this if you are stout and/or short. Not advisable for average or slender people as the chest/arm length ratio are not correct.

5.0 out of 5 stars Literally the best ever., January 5, 2013
These are gosh darned expensive, but worth every cent. Being from fairly up north in Canada I need a lot of insulation. These are very thick, extremely comfortable, and the Small fit me very well at 6'1", 170lbs (wicking layers should be skin tight),

I've bought other brands where the Small size was tight, but either uncomfortable or too short for my height. In those brands, a medium is then too loose.

There is a drop down "flap" on the back of the shirt to insulate more skin when you bend over, works very well.

Anyway, these are the best out there, by far, and I'll be buying more.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best winter gear, January 2, 2014
You really get your moneys worth. I have been using 2 full sets of the shirts and pants for over 5 years during the winter months while doing construction. There so warm and they do a great job at wick-ing away moisture from the body to help keep you dry. I use them under my Car-hart winter bibs and coat in -0 Temp all day and say comfortable warm.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good thermal protection for cold settings, October 21, 2014
This Duofold "Varitherm" thermal top is heavier that their mid weight variants, also from Duo Fold, but are designed for thermal protection in even colder climates. The key to dressing for these settings is, our course, layering, and so one cannot expect to just pop these on, throw any old shirt over it, and then wear a lightweight coat and expect to stay warm when it is freezing outside. Having said that, this model offers superior thermal protection, and, when coupled with the thermal bottoms of the same blend, offer superb thermal characteristics. They are quite snug (but they are supposed to be), and they are a bit physically heavy, but they are exceptionally comfortable and do the job quite well. They aren't cheap, either. But when you are outside in the cold, the warmth they help provide, coupled with the smooth fabric weave make them a very good choice. And what everyone says is true: the sleeves are a bit on the short side, particularly if you have longer arms (so, in that sense, the product illustration here is not fully accurate), but it is nothing that should keep you from purchasing them. Other than the mid weight DuoFold models, they are my favorite thermals, and I've been using them for years. The latest model is better than ever. Five stars, in spite of the relatively high price, because of the quality and performance.

4.0 out of 5 stars Tight, January 12, 2014
Duo fold brand beats any out there for warmth, in my estimation. I would have given a 5 star except it fitting tight for an x large. I wear a size 42 jacket, which puts me in a large shirt. I tend to wear loose fit clothes so it could be me. I have bought this brand since the 90's. Make sure you wash in cold water only. They definitely shrink in hot. Other then that, they beat any of the new compression gear shirts for warmth, and moisture wicking. You will never regret buying this brand, especially at the Amazon price. Sporting goods stores charge double.

3.0 out of 5 stars Kept me warm, March 22, 2013
The thermal kept me very warm. At some times a little too warm when I was inside or in moderate temperatures. Outside in the snow these kept me very comfortable. My only real complaint about these is the arm length. I were a size medium based on the chart but I have slightly long arms. With my arms at my side the sleeves will come to my wrists but as soon as I lift my arms in any direction, the sleeves come to my forearm. I think a size larger would have been better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great top, November 14, 2012
The top do actually keep the body warmth and really good for cold weather. I'm in Seattle and used it the day I got it the temp was around 45-50F 7-10C and I was warring light clothing only this and a long sleeve shirt, i didn't feel as much cold compared to when i used to ware 4 layers of clothing.

material is good and feels alright doesn't itch so far.

I highly recommend it for winter sports, or just to keep warm in the cold weather.