5.0 out of 5 stars Great thermals - sizing info
These are good thermals, nice and stretchy. I am a 32 waist, and I ordered a Small using Amazon's sizing chart. When I received the package, its sizing chart says Small is 28-30" and Medium is 32-34". However, when I tried the Small on, it fit perfectly, so I'd recommend going with Amazon's sizing chart as I imagine a Medium would have been too big for me...
Published on January 6, 2012 by T. Song

2.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable But Not Warm
Published on December 20, 2012 by Wabisabi

5.0 out of 5 stars Great thermals - sizing info, January 6, 2012
T. Song (Arlington, VA) - See all my reviews

Here's the sizing chart on the package for those interested:
Pants/Waist: S 28-30", M 32-34", L 36-38", XL 40-42", 2XL 44-46"

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for snow sports, February 10, 2009
This review is from: Duofold Men's Mid Weight Single-Layer Thermal Tagless Bottom (Apparel)
While snowboarding here in the Pacific North West keeping warm is of utmost importance, i've used these and the matching top for two seasons now. They are a nice thin material that keeps you warm, I simply wear my snowboarding pants that have minimal insulation over these and they keep me warm.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the thanksgiving 5K I ran, November 25, 2010
bought these for a 5k on a cold thanksgiving, maybe 40 degrees. I was comfortable and warm the whole time and never wet/sweaty. perfect, about to buy another pair

5.0 out of 5 stars Waaaaarm!, October 4, 2011
This product was almost exactly what I was looking for.

-The material is very similar to spandex.
-Each pant is long so it works for tall statures very nicely. (Bought in medium)
-These will not overheat your legs, as it keeps a medium to perfect warmness.
-Are NOT itchy at all; even with long leg hairs. I will write more on this when it has gone through the wash a couple of times.
-No tags or emblems or logos? Very nice.
-As with most thermals, these will snag on your feet. However I have not felt it will rip and it feels pretty durable.

Overall, I highly recommend this! Especially if there is an oncoming winter season.

EDIT: After going through the wash a couple of times, it still feels like new! No itchiness whatsoever. Thanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Insight Review..., December 29, 2012
Out of all the reviews on this product these, barely any of them bought these for the sake of outside physiscal activity, for which i did. I was concerned because of the lack of "Athletic use" reviews, that these thermal tights weren't made for physical activity (in my case winter running). I was wrong. When I got the package, I was pleasently suprised that the Duofold brand was actually by the Champion brand, which gives me some reassurance on the product. As for the packaging, it clearly states that these are intended to be used for outside winter physical activity (with a person skiing on the front of the package the words "running, snowboarding, skiing, hiking" on the front. Now for people who just wanted to buy them to stay warm in their house of whatever, I can't really say too much about that, but for my purposes, they work great! I recently went on a 7 mile run in the country (in good ol' Iowa), where the temperature was about 20 degrees. They kept my legs warm and were very flexible when I ran. For me as a runner, they do exactly what i wanted them to do.

Now for the fabric, it is comparable to a a tight underarmour performance shirt; It's not very thick at all, but if it was any thicker, I believe it would impair flexibility and would probably get too hot while running. For the people that want a thick warm thermal to wear to keep warm, you might want to get something heavier, but for me, it works perfect.

Btw, I am 6'3" and 175 lbs: the large fits perfect around the waist (and it has a drawstring), and the legs go about an inch above the top of my running shoes. Basically exactly the length in the picture shown. I am rather tall and slim, so a large would probably go longer on someone else whose not as tall, but I don't see that as a problem. The tights didn't slip at all when i was running.

For the people giving it two or one stars for "Not having a fly", I'm guessing these are older people who don't know how to correctly shop online. You can obviously see in the picture that there is no fly, and nowhere in the descrption does it say it has a fly. I'm actually glad it doesn't, as it might have interfered with my running.

Hope this review answers some questions for people wondering about buying this product for athletic purposes

2.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable But Not Warm, December 20, 2012
Wabisabi (Eugene OR area) - See all my reviews
As mentioned in other reviews these are made of very thin material. Consequently I found that they did not provide me with any real thermal warmth when I was stationary. I felt no difference in warmth between having these on as a base layer under clothing versus wearing the same clothing without these while I was stationary. They are stretchy and very comfortable however. My guess is that they would prevent one from getting cold during periods of activity by wicking away any perspiration from the skin. Since I needed something that would be provide warmth during periods of inactivity as well as during time of activity, I am returning these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and fits snugly, November 8, 2011
This stretchy pair fits snugly. The material is smooth and comfortable. I bought it with the matching top, and I am really pleased with my purchase. Just note that there is no fly, so if you prefer pants that have one, this will disappoint.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, August 29, 2011
I bought these as a base layer for hunting. I wasnt sure what to expect but i was beyond satisfied as soon as i tried them on, they give amazing room for mobility and dont restrict or bind at all. I liked them so much i bought two more pair.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable, warm... like a second skin, January 6, 2011
D. Kang (San Francisco) - See all my reviews
With an upcoming ski trip up to Tahoe, I realized that I was ill-prepared for cold weather (i.e. less than 40 degree weather). I researched a bit and chose these Duofold ones, because I wanted something that I could wear even under regular pants/jeans instead of just with my bulky ski pants. The fit on these bottoms are fitting but nowhere near the thought of being 'spandex' (think Terrell Owens in those skinny tights that he wears sometimes). Like another reviewer mentioned, it's not total Under Armour, but more a comfortable of poly-synthetic and has a nice heft to it. Trying them on, even under a pair of my jeans and walking about the brisk SF night air for about 15 minutes, my legs are very warm and so I'm confident that I'll be comfortable with these and my ski pants. I also bought the same type top. The fit/feel is very comparable to the bottoms and keeps you comfortable just wearing the top alone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly comfortable and warm, December 25, 2010
Well my title pretty much sums it up. The fabric is different from what I was expecting. I was expecting an "under armour" style fabric, but it ended up being a mix between that and regular thermals. Which results in pretty much the most comfortable thing ive ever worn on my legs. Tighter and way more light weight that thermals, and way more comfortable than under armour (and much cheaper) get these for sure