Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Mary Carpenter Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now

on January 25, 2013
These pants are nice and warm... much thicker than my Duofold varitherm midweights I purchased several years ago. The downfall is the sizing - I am 5"7 105 lbs and bought the medium only because the small was not in stock and we had very cold weather on the way. Thank goodness I did - even the mediums were too tight in the waist for my liking. They do come up all the way to your natural waist (which is good for warmth), but I had to fold them down so they weren't constricting me around the waist. Folding the waist works, but it doesn't stay put all that well. They were a little baggy through the thigh (I have skinny legs), but not terrible. I washed and dried on warm and they shrunk in length - to the point where any shorter would be too short.

Long story short - size up at LEAST one size unless constriction around the waist doesn't bother you.
Make a more comfortable and size-accurate waist, Duofold, and I'd live in these things!
55 comments|64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 24, 2013
I'm 6ft tall, 165lbs. I bought a large. I have been on a quest to find reasonably priced long underwear that fit my 34 inch inseam for what seems like forever. When I tried these on, I was so excited they fit! Then the dreaded question "Will they shrink if I wash them?" They didn't! Very comfortable and warm. They will make walking the dog when it's 20° out much more bearable. I'll be buying another pair :)
on October 23, 2013
I have bought over 20 pairs of thermal pants since moving to a colder area and had settled with what I could find. I ordered this pants a month ago and wore them a couple of times and knew I had finally found the perfect long john, long underwear, leggings, footless tights etc. I wear them under my jeans, to sleep, under dresses and tunics also. I love them so much I just received two more pants.

I bought the XL and the fit is perfect for a size 16/18. The material is thick and sturdy enough that I feel they will last years. They feel so comfortable and the material is breathable so I don't feel overheated.

Thank you Duofold and Amazon.
on January 18, 2014
I am not cold tolerant, but I love to ski. That means I wear plenty of warm, flexible layers. I've owned many different brands, but now I'm hooked on these Duofold Expedition Weight bottoms. They are soft & stretchy, and have printed labels instead of tags.

When I opened the package I was surprised to find the waistband was "sweatpants" style -- elastic with a tie as well. I was a little concerned about the extra bulk at the waist, but it proved to not be a problem.

I am 5'8", weigh 150lbs, and have an athletic-but-getting-a-middle-aged-tummy build. I usually wear a women's pants size 10. When I buy pantyhose or leggins I usually have to buy large or sometimes extra large to accommodate my leg length. I found that the large in these thermal bottom fits perfectly.
33 comments|31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 16, 2015
I have not worn it in cold weather yet, but well insulated without being too bulky. Would not fit under skinny jeans, but should fit fine under regular pants. I'm 5'4" 115lbs and the small fit nice and snug in the leg so as to fit under jeans but not uncomfortable in the (high) waist. I separately purchased the matching small size shirt, despite other reviews I was very pleased with the fit! The shirt as a small was a bit more forgiving than the pants, were I too much bigger I might not have fit the pants.
review image review image
on November 13, 2013
I bought these a size larger than I thought I needed based on reviews, and I wish I hadn't. I usually wear a medium (or size 2-6 depending on the brand). The large is just too long and too baggy for someone my size (5'4"). But that's not an issue with the product--just some advice for those looking to buy it. Which you should. Because these are awesome.

If it were socially acceptable, I don't think I'd ever take them off. I just moved to the northeast, and am biking most everywhere. In 35 degree weather, these are enough to keep my legs warm. In the 25 degree weather today, I wore a thin layer over them, and was still fine. They're really comfortable too!
on December 25, 2012
This review also goes for the matching top. I have been cold all my life. I grew up in Syracuse New York. The nicest thing my father ever did for me was to move us to Phoenix. But now I am in Los Angeles where the temps sometimes fall into the low 50's. And I am cold from November until probably March. I bought other thermal types of underwear, even big bulky quilted things made in Canada. But nothing has kept me warm like these, and without the bulk. I can wear my nice clothes with these underneath and nobody would know. I could wear the pants as leggings with a cute cover over the top. And I can keep my active day without feeling like an arctic skier.

One extra comment on the pants, some of the other types of thermals I bought did not have enough stretch in the knees and they were unwearable. I have had two knee replacements and my knees are painful. These are perfect. I can sit comfortably without binding or pain.

I loved these so much I bought a second pair right away.
on November 25, 2015
I am 5'6" 145lbs and I got large, I could have went medium but I wanted them not be be tight. The material is great. I ordered them to wear under hunting apparel in cold weather. I am pleased with the quality.
review image review image
on December 3, 2012
That's it in a nutshell. I'm renovating and aiming for a house that needs little heating but it's not there yet, so when it gets cold, I put on these and am as warm as I could wish to be. They also move with you without binding or restricting and they breathe, so no clammy legs. I've loved my other Duofold tops and bottoms for years - it wears like iron - and I expect these will last just like those.

Update: not sure why some folks don't value these qualities but I do and these (and subsequent purchases of them) have continued to keep me warm in a very comfortable way. They also so very little wear for their age. I'm pleased with the purchases.
on February 12, 2014
I am really happy I purchased these, getting ready to buy another pair. You really can't beat them for the price. Actually, I have also purchased Smartwool for three times the price and think I like these better. With the two layers, they are super warm, but also really soft and comfortable. I'm 5'4'', 130 lbs and the medium fits well. I wear them as leggings with sweaters and tunics, and they are warm enough on their own for temps in the 20's and 30's. They look good too - you would not know they are meant as a base layer. I've machine-washed them several times and no pilling yet. Huge improvement over any 'fleece-lined' leggings that I have found on this site and elsewhere! The only reason I'm giving 4 stars instead of 5 is the waistband - it's thick with bunchy elastic, more like sweatpants, so it doesn't really work with tops that are more fitted around the waist. I wish they would replace it with a smooth, flat waistband. But overall a great garment at a great price!