Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now May4th Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD

Size: Medium|Color: Black|Change

on September 7, 2008
I recently ordered several of these Duofold Women's Midweight Crew shirts for my mother-in-law, a patient in a nursing home. She is always cold, so thermal or insulated underwear for her is a must year-round. I debated ordering a size medium or large, even though she wears a size extra-small or small, because her laundry is done with all the other patients' laundry in hot water. Clothes are also dried completely. Therefore, shrinkage is a problem. She's 5'2" and weighs 105 pounds--very tiny, but after talking to some staff at the home, I decided to order the size large; we'd roll up the sleeves, if necessary. Well, when they arrived and before laundering, those size large tops were very, very close to being too small for her. They were tight on her arms, even though the sleeve length was about 2" too long for her. They were extremely form-fitting through the torso; she even complained that they "squeezed" her (they didn't--she's just not used to having form-fitting garments). She's had them several weeks now and although they're very tight on her now because of hot water/hot dryer situation, she's staying warm. BUT, I would advise anyone ordering these to order at least one full size larger than you'd normally wear, and even two sizes larger would be better. If you are not slim-to-normal through the torso (stomach area), this top will definitely be extremely tight. I wear a size 8 and weigh 135 pounds. I tried on one of those lize large tops and felt as though it were a tight second skin. I snow-ski, hike, bike, fish, hunt, etc., in the mountains, and I'd never be comfortable in thermal or insulated underwear as tight as that size large was on me. Great quality, though! The fabric is very, very nice.
on January 4, 2011
I'm a size 12 and I ordered a Medium despite what some of the other reviewers said and I'm glad I did. I needed it to wear underneath other tops and the M fits me nice and snug without being too tight. A large would've been fine too I suppose but I wouldn't be able to wear any fitted clothing or t-shirts on top of that. The quality is great and I didn't feel sweaty at all when indoors which was one of my concerns. I only wish they didn't have the logo at the end of the sleeve so I could get away with wearing it under nicer tops. The logo gives it a sporty look and gives away the fact that it's a thermal.
on April 19, 2008
I ordered these long johns for a trip to Great Britain. They arrived within a week and were more than I expected. Fabric, cut, design were all good and they kept me warm in Scotland Highlands.
on October 4, 2012
This thermal is great. The sizing was true and it is well fitted. Not bulky or baggy. But the torso is not very long... it is not at all as long as the photo makes it appear to be, making it difficult to tuck or keep tucked in.
on November 16, 2012
This thermal feels very light weight but seems to have what it takes to keep one warm. The fit is good. Unfortunately, this one did not work with the sweater for which I purchased it. Had to send it back. It will go to the top of the list when I need another thermal as it seems to be excellent quality.
on October 6, 2012
Great when hiking & camping. These were also wonderful as PJ's when the night got a little cooler then expected. Kept me very warm and dry when moving around, wicking sweat away from my body. I highly recommend the shirt & pants.
on May 12, 2014
I got this in medium, pearl color & also in black and med blue. It fits perfectly, washes & wears well & keeps me warm. I get cold easily so I was really looking forward to being able to fit this under my layers...it has been perfect!!
I would highly recommend this top to any one who is looking to layer for warmth & comfort.
on November 26, 2012
I purchased this Duofold long underwear (mid-weight) for extended out of doors activity in the mountains in the fall. It was comfortable under jeans & a sweatshirt all day, from the early-morning lows of about 30 degrees to mid-day highs in the 60s. Then I wore it in Chicago over Thanksgiving while exploring on foot in temps ranging from the low 30s to the upper 50s. Again, as that extra layer under jeans and a wool sweater with an overcoat, I stayed comfortable without getting damp or overheated at all when going from extended periods outside into warm restaurants and shops. I look forward to trying it this winter while hunting and skiing.

I wear a size 6 and I'm 5'8" tall; Duofold's size Small fits perfectly with sleeves and ankles just the right length. It fits snugly (more snugly than the model in the photo) but is not tight, and is stretchy enough to handle extreme movements without pulling. It also laundered well and I have not seen any wear and tear at seams and such after more than 7 days of all-day very active wear.
on October 13, 2012
I purchased this to use for layering purposes for a recent trip to Alaska. It was perfect for that and the fit was good. It is a basic top that could also be used alone as casual wear with jeans, and I'm sure I'll wear it this winter under a lightweight sweater or long-sleeved tee.
on October 1, 2013
If you want a snug fit; order your usual size, but if you want a bit of "wiggle room", you may want to try one size up. The material wasn't as smooth and soft as I expected, but that's subjective. I returned mine because I wanted a more smooth material and a less snug fit. My package arrived on time, and I'm confident that my return will be easy.

See 1 answered question