4.0 out of 5 stars Good sound - bargain price
Good sound from a budget system - Only flaw was I couldn't get the HDMI to work, had to connect using analog video cable. First unit I bought had a defective DVD player, Amazon swapped for a new unit with any cost to me - very pleased with Amazon's service!
Published on March 22, 2011 by geoffgolf

1.0 out of 5 stars Junk
Published on March 12, 2012 by Mary L. Neumann

1.0 out of 5 stars Junk, March 12, 2012
This review is from: DupeOfB002V3R2SM_ttB001BTX182_RCA RTD317W Home Theater System with 1080P Upconvert DVD (Electronics)
This unit came in my motorhome. After a short time I would hear a static pop in the speakers. Unit would stop working & also froze up making all controls unusable including the remote. Only way to get the unit to work again was to unplug it & re-plug it in. I can accept problems but when I tried to get it repaired RCA's customers service was of no help. DON'T BUY!

They finally sent me a new one. Problems have already started with the new one. When I turn it on it freezes requiring me to unplug the unit & restarting it again. My brother has the same unit in his motorhome & his had started doing the same thing. This unit has some systemic problem. Again, DON'T BUY!

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible product!, September 28, 2012
The DVD tray worked once, and that was the first time I used it to test it out when I first set up the system. Several months later, long after I was unable to return the item to the store from which I purchased it, I put in a disc to watch a movie and was unable to open the tray. Had it diagnosed at a shop and they told me the DVD tray motor had burned out and that they would recommend getting a replacement from the manufacturer or buying a replacement rather than spending the money it would take to fix it.

Of course, RCA requires you to pay for the shipping yourself ... which means it's not cost effective to send it back at your own expense. That's the point, I'm sure. They have to know it's a bad product or they'd back up their product with a decent warranty.

Didn't get to watch one movie on this thing.

And as for the speakers ... for the price you can get better speakers if that's all it's going to be used for. You can't even adjust your equalizer to any great degree. It's ok. But you can do better for the amount of money you're going to spend on this.

Don't buy this product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Junk!, August 17, 2009
I bought this item from another retailer for even a higher price than it is on sale here. I just wanted to have it right away.
The features are great, 1080 upconverting DVD player, two Aux in, USB stick compatible, AM/FM Radio, half way decent sound for a small room for the price.

Unfortunately my joy about getting a halfway decent looking small home theater system for a good price was very short lived. To be exact it lasted about three to four hours. This was right after I set it up and was first listening to radio, then CD and watched a movie at the end of the day.
The next morning I started listening to the radio while having breakfast and after that I inserted a CD and got the message "no disc". Same happened to all other CDs and DVDs I tried, even the ones that were working just fine the day before. Customer Service never responded to me.
If you only need a radio you can get cheaper ones. But this is all it is good for after less than 24 hours. It goes right back to the store and I will wait until I'm able to save up for a better, brand name home theater system. Up until then it will be back to normal stereo TV for me.
Do not buy!

1.0 out of 5 stars Lasted 7 months, February 9, 2012
This is the second RCA DVD Home Theater System that has stopped working less than one year after purchase. I know, fool me once...but this one was one-third of the cost of the previous one. There was no support for this model, and the warranty is only good if you feel like spending 60 hours digging through receipts. I'll never buy a DVD player or anything else from RCA.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worked Great for 2 weeks, February 8, 2012
This So-Called Home Theater System worked decent for 2 weeks. I thought I had a winner until the system started popping through the speakers at any volume. And no - It's not the brand new RCA Tv. I have tried 3 different I-Pods and this POS pops at any volume at random times. It's extremely annoying to the point where I took it down and now consider throwing it away. Do I need to jump through hoops, climb mountains in the snow or dive to the bowels of the Earth for a refund? If anyone at Amazon does take the time to actually read bad reviews - You know how to reach me. After all, you certainly know my account number. After the 2 weeks of decent service, I threw all the shipping containers away. So, if I do send this thing back, it will be packed in a different container.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good sound - bargain price, March 22, 2011

1.0 out of 5 stars Do NOT buy!, January 18, 2012
Rev. Bob (Erie, PA USA) - See all my reviews
This unit is junk. After two - three weeks it developed a hum and then the sound would fade in and out. Several months late I went to switch to a DVD and it gave a loud hum and then went blank. Will not work at all. Absolute junk. Do not buy this unit!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bang for the Buck., February 15, 2011
I installed 2 of these systems in 2 bedrooms. Each bedroom has a wall mounted LG 32" 720p lcd tv. I found them on ebay for $79. At that price I figured it was no big risk if it turned out to be junk. This setup is better than I anticipated and FAR BETTER than listening to just the TV. Certainly not the best you can do, but at $79 bucks they were well worth the money. A blue-ray would have been nice, but again, were only talking about 79 dollars. I'm sure most HT/audio enthusiasts would thumb their nose at this product, but that same person would be ready to spend much more $$$ for a better setup.

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY!! RCA Home Theater System, April 24, 2012
Tanya Hensley (Kerrville, TX United States) - See all my reviews
I bought the RCA RDT325W Home Theater System and it did not even last a year!! I also bought the replacement plan, but since it didn't last a year, I still have to go through RCA for warranty. They want me to pay 25$ or more for shipping the defective product to them! I already paid over a 100$ on this product, of which is still under the first year's warranty! I am darn sure not going to pay more when it didn't even last the year(much less the obviously useless amount I paid on the replacement plan). Do not buy this product, it is not worth the money and RCA's repair policy on a product they didn't take the time to make properly, is to make YOU pay for postage for them to fix it. Bad form RCA!!! Bad form! No more RCA products for me! :(

1.0 out of 5 stars Too bad this is junk!, July 27, 2013
Well, turns out the reviews are correct. Bought this unit Christmas 2012. Thought I had a steal until the same popping noises others are writing about bit me. Worked really well for 5 months, which is longer than some reviews I have read. Too bad cause it actually sounds good considering the price. Don't buy one for yourself. Spend the extra money for a more reliable unit.

$199.99 $97.00