No Duplex printing. A step backwards from mp610...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 6, 2008 6:29:03 AM PST
Nate says:
I don't see how in this day in age where every new product is trying to go green and help save the environment that Canon can justify updating its product line by removing the ability to print on both sides. This should be the standard for all printers as it cuts the amount of paper used in half! To me this is the most important feature I look for when buying a printer and was very disapointed to learn that the new Canon mp620 was removing this feature from their stellar mp610 printer. With so many great updates to the mp620, they have rendered this printer not an option for me. To make matters worse, they have forced us into buying a printer that costs twice as much; $300 in the mp980 if we want the ability to print both sides in an all in one printer. Very poor business decision by Canon and should be noted when considering to purchase this item.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 25, 2008 7:36:20 AM PST
Mike Costa says:
Is this true? On the box it says that it supports double sided printing - yet on my mac the option is grey and won't let me select it. Are they lying about its capabilities?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2008 6:15:03 PM PST
Nate says:
No Duplex printing is true. I contacted Canon and asked them myself. The box says it supports 2-way printing NOT 2-sided printing. 2-way printing is simply being able to print from either the front or back of the printer.

Its a real shame they removed the ability to print on both sides of the paper. This should be the automatic default if you ask me in all printers made.

Posted on May 29, 2009 6:06:01 AM PDT
Garry Rice says:
You can do it manually - it does have manual duplexing. However, to get automated duplexing you have to move up to the next model.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 14, 2009 12:35:11 PM PDT
C. Motion says:
Hm, I'm shopping for printers myself right now now, and I found an Epson WorkForce 40 Wireless Color Printer around the same price that says it supports automatic double sided printing, and also has networking features...at least someone is going green. :)

Posted on Aug 20, 2009 7:43:39 AM PDT
I just bought the Epson Workforce 600 because it said it supported double-sided printing. I turned the feature on, printed a document, and after the front side was printed a box popped up on my computer screen and said "to continue with dual-sided printing, please turn over page and return to paper feeder." Seriously????

Posted on Feb 13, 2010 3:39:18 PM PST
P'osovy says:
This thing does support duplex printing!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Nov 6, 2008
Latest post:  Feb 13, 2010

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Canon MP620 Wireless All-in-One Photo Printer
Canon MP620 Wireless All-in-One Photo Printer by Canon
3.5 out of 5 stars   (353)