Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

Color: Clear|Change

on January 9, 2012
This is a great easy to use product. stir and ready to use. autozone has this for the same price and can order any color for you. plus, its right there or they will have it the next day. no shipping and if you need to return it then, there right there. i used two duplicolor brilliant silver mettalic and three cans of this clearcoat on a mb 190e and it turned out awesome. of course i wet sanded and buffed any and all imperfections. this product is aimed for ease of use. applies even and smooth. remember prep is everthing. i recommend this product. heck for $125. plus about $30. in sandpaper, paint thinner and cloths. my car tuned out very nice. hope this helps.
33 comments|32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 28, 2015
Very disappointed in this product, more so in their support. I followed all instructions, used exclusively all their listed products from the primer, to cleaning agent, Lacquer, and clear coat etc. I even went as far as to build a temporary spray booth with fans and filter system. Granted I haven't used automotive paint in over 10 years but it's not that difficult to follow directions. IN any good paint job 95% of the work is in the prep.
The parts were primed wet sanded and allowed to dry for a few months while I waited for better weather to paint, Once ready I cleaned using Paintshop cleaner, tack clothed all parts prior to base coat, Sprayed a flash coat let dry then sprayed 3 coats and allowed that to dry for 1 week, wet sanded, cleaned and tack clothed then applied 2 more coats, dry for a week, wet sanded, tacked then sprayed 4 clear coats using same process allowing 10~15 minutes between coats. All this per instruction. there was no drips or sags during any of this.
Now the problem, the paint never seemed to cure even a month later the surface is susceptible to having texture transfering to the surface from objects placed on it. I put towels over the parts to protect them from possible damage while working on my projects, the texture from the towels left an imprint on them.

The kicker is their customer support is absolutely insulting to your intelligence, after providing all the information they required, barcode, date of purchase, products used, process I followed and Photos. The last email I received was basically a cut and paste from the instructions from teh side of the can which I told them I had followed from the beginning. In other words they have no clue why the paint remains soft.
I've attached a side by side photo showing the parts after being buffed and polished and after I wrapped it to protect it from damage. You can see the texture being transferred to the paint.

In short if you're serious about your project and value your time go to a reputable autopaint supply and purchase a quality product.At the very least you'll have someone to talk to face to face about your project.
review image
on October 25, 2013
this paint is really good for the price. just make sure that you put some primer before adding the paint. if you don't, the paint will start peeling off once its been there for a while and the sun breaks it. also, make sure you put some kind of clear after cause when you wash your car the water spots stick to it. i used it on some car grills and rims and the color looks really good and gives it that customize look. i really liked the paint and for the price it was really good. i added thinner so a 32 oz can will last a while depending on what your painting.
on May 9, 2013
I chose the Dupli-color Paint Shop System primarily because, as a novice, I needed something easy to use. It did not disappoint. The color usually required quite a bit of shaking, due to the pigment settling to the bottom during storage. Once properly shaken/stirred it poured easily through the filter and sprayed evenly from the gun. It required no reducing, although you can thin it with acetone. It dries quickly and has no recoat window. I applied it outdoors during low humidity conditions in Southern Arizona and consequently got a lot of orange peel in the paint. Once I shot the clear coat over the color, it still looked pretty good in spite of the orange peel texture.
on January 9, 2013
Very thin paint with poor coverage.
I've used Duplicolor's white and metallic dark green.
These paints were OK, but had to be strained.

If you're doing an important project do not buy.

Price point is the reason for the 2 stars and my success with other colors of Duplicolor.
on December 19, 2012
Premixed and easy to use. It took 2.5 quarts to cover a small pickup. Went on nicely and the color is a bright red.
on April 25, 2015
I used this paint, more or less as practice, as I am new to auto body work. Due to peeling clear coat, I had a car door that needed to be taken to bare metal and resprayed. I followed the Paint Shop directions and, though I am a novice, noticed right away how awfully thin this paint is. That being said, both the color coat and the clear coat sprayed well. It also cleaned up easily, probably because it's so thin to begin with.

My results were very smooth, and looked good, so I was initially encouraged.

Looking closely, I noticed the "black" color coat I sprayed was more brown than black. How can that be? I refinished another portion using Dupli-Color's rattle can, and that black matched my car perfectly. The Paint Shop black did not. It's brown. I thought it was just the light, but then I took the car outside, and it's clearly brown.

I also noticed just how soft the paint is. I'm sure this is due to how thinned out it is. There is no way this paint is going to last. The rattle can duplicolor most likely will last. At least it appears as though it will. But there is no way this paint shop stuff will.

What a shameful waste of $50.

Someone else here said to buy the quality brand and do it right. They are correct. I need to start all over. Lesson learned.
on January 20, 2016
Great paint for the money, very easy to use!! I am new to painting with an air gun and had no issues putting this on my motorcycle. If I ever need to paint again I would definitely buy this again.
review image
on January 1, 2012
For primer, look around and you can certainly find a quality brand in a greater quantity for less. This is good paint, i've used it several times with good outcomes, and, you can get it at nearly any auto parts store. Be aware of the different lot numbers and box your colored paints.
on December 8, 2011
I like the fact that this product is already reduced and unless you need (or want) a thinner mixture, this paint is good to go. I will say that the championship white is not a "brilliant white", but is more of an eggshell white. unless you have a small project, this paint will run you some coin, ie., to paint just the hood of a 1993 chevy silverado took 2 quarts each of primer, paint and clear coat, all about $25 each for a total of $150 just in paint. nearly all body shops can do that and "color match" paint code for a closer match for same price. i liked the idea that this paint was readily available at local auto parts store in case i needed more...However, if you are not in any hurry and shop around, you can certainly find laquer paint much cheaper....great product but pretty expensive!! i would like to add that my project turned out really well, and the paint was very easy to work with and has made a very durable, classy, finish.