4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good paint, and washed off as promised
I'll admit, I was a little skeptical about this paint after reading other reviews.

It worked fine. If you need to paint something temporarily, then remove the paint, this works well.

Published on February 25, 2012 by TravellingBuckeye

2.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointed
After watching videos from duplicolor, I was excited to try this product. Color is very weak... I purchased Red, Black and Blue and found all colors to be too weak to be useful. I took all unused cans to the paint recycling center and resorted to plan B. I printed stickers on 8.5" x 11" sheets and tiled my graphics onto my car.
Published on December 7, 2011 by Rob

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good paint, and washed off as promised, February 25, 2012

Need to decorate your van windows and the metal sides of your van to drive the ball or cheer team to that big tournament?? This works fine, especially for writing big words and stick-figures.

But if you need to paint a flower vase with perfect painted finish for an outdoor wedding reception, I don't think you'll get the even coverage you might get out of a high-end permanent paint spray.

It removed fine, too. I took my car to a $1.50 self-service car wash and used the high-pressure spray wand. At first, the paint was a little slow to come off (and I frankly was a little worried). But as the water worked its way into the paint, every drop came off - no problem, no mess, just as promised.

I probaby wouldn't spray this off with a hose in my own driveway - first, I think the high-pressure, hot water and soap from the car wash spray wand was much more effective at getting it off. Second, I wouldn't want the paint residue on my driveway.

All in all, it did exactly what I wanted and I was very satisfied.

5.0 out of 5 stars Washes right off, looked great!, June 8, 2012
I bought this back in 2011. I wanted to trick out my truck for Halloween, specifically to look like it had been through a zombie attack. I used the red paint and sprayed my hands with it, then slapped them against the truck. It looked AWESOME! Not only that but the paint still rubs off (7 months later). Since the truck finish had already been damaged by sap, I wasn't too concerned about putting a bit of paint on it. Even after Halloween, I just ran it through a quickie car wash to rinse off the worst of the paint and didn't worry about anything that didn't get rinsed off. However, I rubbed a spot of paint with my hand yesterday and it came off no problem. So, you'll probably either want to spring for the premo carwash or wash it by hand when you're ready to remove it from your car. I'd say since the finish on my truck was dull and unwaxed, the fact that this stuff still comes right off 7 months after application should make it pretty darn safe for most vehicles. I don't know if Amazon will keep the link, but here's a link to my truck if you want to see what it looks like: [...] Light rain was fine, I had to reapply the paint after a heavy rain or if there was a lot of water on the road (road spray rinsed it off) I was very happy with the thickness of the application, though it was not traditional since I didn't spray it on the car. As others have said, it's more burgundy than true red, and it has a sort of a pearl finish. Overall I was extremely pleased with the product and wouldn't hesitate to buy it again.

2.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointed, December 7, 2011
This review is from: Dupli-Color CA100 Black Car Art Temporary Paint - 5 oz. (Automotive)

3.0 out of 5 stars Watch out where you spray it!, November 16, 2013
Fun thing to play around with. Be careful though where you spray it. When sprayed directly on to your car paint it can be removed pretty easily. If it gets sprayed on to plastics, or the grill, or places like that, it makes it very difficult to remove. After my 2001 Hyundai accent got sprayed, there were some parts that simply never came off. Not noticeable, but still annoying. Otherwise it does it's job. It gives you the feel that you are spray painting, but it comes off. It doesn't coat like typical spray paint though, so don't get your hopes us. It's still temporary car paint!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, May 19, 2014
I bought it to use it for a practical joke. It met and far exceeded my expectations. And it was very easy to wash off.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pricey, but not bad, December 21, 2012
I used this to tag a friend's car as a prank. It certainly looks like spray paint from a distance, but up close it's pretty obvious that it's a rather tenuously adhered powdery substance. It doesn't look very good with just one coat or free hand spraying. I'd imagine that with a stencil and a good amount of patience, it would look much better. The cans are pretty small for the price, but it's a niche product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Black works great!, June 16, 2012
I purchased just to paint my mirrors and door handles black for a fun look for the weekend. Black went on perfect! Does take awhile to dry though so don't touch it early. Washes off really easy too... and let me say it was on a Maserati QP so if didn't wash off I was going to be really disappointed. I can't say anything for the other colors however. So try those at your own risk. Might have to try painting my hood just for the heck of it. Haha

1.0 out of 5 stars Good paint except for paint splatter, October 10, 2012
This paint 'splatters' as it is sprayed.
I shook the can vigorously for 2-3 minutes to make sure the paint was mixed.
I sprayed the paint and it splattered everywhere.
I shook the can vigorously for 2-3 more minutes.
I sprayed the paint and it splattered everywhere.
Temperature for the day was 80 degrees or above.
I submitted a customer support question to the Dupli-Color website.
I did not get a reply.
I would avoid this paint.

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job - Just Ok., July 6, 2012
This did the job, getting our truck a bit decorative for our 4th of July parade. The cans are really small and run out FAST! Buy more than one. Also, it rubs off super easily. So once you paint make sure not to touch it!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not even close., June 27, 2013
I purchased 2 cans of the black paint to try out some black stripes on my car before having any real paintwork done.

The paint is not very dark, requiring either a thick coat or several coats to be even remotely dark enough. Therefore not much can be painted.

It says on the can that it will withstand rain, but if you touch it after it's dry, it wipes off. It's too temporary.

It's also quite expensive for what you get.

I did at least get an idea of the stripes, but was very disappointed in the quality of the product.