5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect match for Ariens
On an online tip, I ordered this paint as a match for Ariens orange at a fraction of the cost of ordering the paint from the company. Perfect match, great product.
Published on January 24, 2011 by Dave L.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's okay
I used this on my 66 GTO project driver when installing an after market manifold. Overall, the spray pattern was great, the color was true, however, I have used other brands and got a more shiny appearance. If you are looking for a more "dull" look then this is definately for you.
Published 11 months ago by rick1276

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect match for Ariens, January 24, 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Used it to paint my refrigerator!, August 20, 2013
Colleen (Orange County, CA) - See all my reviews
I chose engine enamel paint based on sort of an educated guess that it would work on my fridge. I picked Torque N Teal, and gave it a shot on my regular old white textured fridge. I used less than 4 cans to cover it totally with 2 coats. I did it in 2 steps, first the fridge without the doors, and then the doors separately. It only took about 10 minutes for the first coat to be dry to the touch, and then I did the second coat within an hour of the first, per the directions on the can. Within a few hours, it was totally dry. I uploaded a photo to the customer image gallery if you want to see! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars The BEST product out there for JAPANNING old tools., March 3, 2014
If you're into antique tool renovation then the process of Japanning is nothing new to you. However, for those of us unlikely to be found elbow-deep in Stanley plane parts every weekend, Japanning is the black, semi-gloss finish that was applied to most of the internal surfaces of most antique tools.

And why is this important? Well, if you like trying to restore some of the former glory back into your garage sale finds then sooner or later you're going to be faced with the dilemma of how best to replace that worn off or peeling Japanning. Go with too glossy a choice and your tool's going to look like it's wearing a toupee, opt for something in the matt range and the end result will lack the appeal of the original. In addition to these finishing dilemmas you also need to consider the durability of any perspective Japanning substitutes. In short, getting the right product can be thwart with perils.

Enter Dupli-Color's DE 1635 Ceramic Ford Semi-Gloss Black Engine Paint (in the 12 oz. can.) This stuff is about the closest match you're likely to find for antique Japanning. The color match is terrific; just the right shade of black without being too glossy or too matt. A pleasant surprise was/is the durability which, after adequate curing, approaches that of many baked-on finishes (with about one tenth of the fuss).

Overall, this is a must-own product if you're thinking about injecting some much-needed life into Grandpa's old Stanley or you just want to play 'dress-up' with some beaten up old tool you picked up at a garage sale.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as I wanted, May 13, 2013
I bought this to renew a 7 year old Weber Genesis Stainless gas grill castings that have oxidized. I give it a 5 for color match and a 5 for ease and heat resistance. It's only been a month so jury is out on longevity. I have used 10 or more times at 5 to 600 degrees with no discoloration.

1/7/2014 The finish is still holding up despite lots of use and about 3/4 year. Some discoloration due to smoke from the grill but no more than when the original finish was new.

4.0 out of 5 stars Stands up to abuse and heat, July 20, 2013
This paint stands up to abuse and heat better than most that I have tried. The two down-sides are that is requires a long drying period (6 days) and that it's not as bright as I expected. The latter is no fault of the manufacturer. I need florescent green and this is "lime green."

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, April 19, 2012
Bought for high temp application: brake calipers, projector body, etc...
Works well, and drys faster than expected!
I also bought the Torque'N'Teal, which has same qualities

3.0 out of 5 stars It's okay, March 16, 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Good paint - Ariens color match, February 25, 2014
The Chevy Orange is almost a perfect match for Ariens orange snow blowers. I have done a major maintenance/overhaul on my 1994 Ariens and needed to repaint several areas. Paint adheres well (proper surface prep is always required.) My only reservation with it is that you must apply all the coats that may be required within 1 hour. After that, you need to wait a week before re-coating. I found that there was no option to sand between coats if sanding looked to be necessary. It takes well over an hour before this paint can be sanded, then a week (per the instructions) needs to elapse before you can apply more coats. I had this situation in two small areas. Admittedly, I could have done a better preparation for painting, but it was still a pain to wait a week to complete the work.

With proper prep, this is a good paint, and great color match for the Ariens. I have been using the blower for a few weeks in the Northeast - winter 2014, and the paint is holding up well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Match for Ariens Orange, December 20, 2012
M. Lake "Laker" (Merion Station, PA United States) - See all my reviews
great for scratched up yard and snow equipment as it's perfect match for Ariens' Orange. Good stuff, always have some on hand.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for engines, June 11, 2013
Nice I will buy it again. Is durable and resistant to heat i recommended to anyone fixing engine Dupli the best