5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect match! Easy DIY
Great buy! Perfect match for my sliver wheels. I currently had some curb rashes on my Enkei wheels. I decided to take it upon myself to do this simple DIY project. This can be down with the wheels still on the car, but much easier when they are off. You can easily touch up without needing to paint the whole wheel, it will blend nicely if done correctly.

Things...
Published 3 months ago by Johnny92

3.0 out of 5 stars pretty good but pay attention
Published 17 months ago by GD

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars pretty good but pay attention, August 25, 2013
We sanded down to bare metal using a drill and paint strip wheel. To mask, taped backside of wheel holes, then taped a plastic drop cloth over the tire, cut out along wheel with razor, then taped to rim. The tricky part is knowing how much paint to use. If you are doing a set of 4 wheels, I would recommend 3 or 4 cans of paint. The first two "light" coats really need to glisten slightly, and the third "medium wet" must indeed be wet, and you will see the glossy finish develop. Otherwise you will end up with dull, rough metallic sprayed wheels and get to wait a week before repainting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect match! Easy DIY, October 15, 2014

Things you will need:1)This paint 2) 220 & 400 Grit sandpaper 3) Wax and grease remover (or something to THOROUGHLY clean your wheels) 4) Glazing and Spot Putty (Depending how bad the curb rash or scratch might be) 5) MOST IMPORTANT some patience

*The utmost important step is the prep work, you should spend a good amount of time prepping the wheel(s) for the paint.

First, I used 220 grit sandpaper and sanded down the areas that I was planning on touching up (smoothing it out). Then, MOST important step is to THOROUGHLY clean your wheels with some wax and grease remover (or something safe on wheels of course, don't use just water and rag). Now your ready to fill in those scratches before paint, depending how bad the curb rash is or how deep the scratch(s) might be. I already had some "Glazing and Spot Putty" which is used on exterior of the car to fill in scratches. I confirmed that it was indeed safe to go ahead and use the "Premium Glazing and Spot Putty" on the scratches on the wheel. I actually had "Dupli-Color Automotive Touch-up Repair Kit" which came with the "Glazing and Spot Putty". Use your fingers to apply it on the scratch, thus filling it in. And use your finger to smooth it out. OR if you prefer to use something else like a card, go ahead. But personally I found it a lot easier and came out better when I used my fingers to apply the "Glazing and Spot Putty." Wait for it to dry (how ever long that might be), then your ready to sand it down once again. I had some 400 grit sandpaper which I used to re-sand down the area(s) where the putty was applied. Sand very lightly with the 400 grit, the idea is just to smooth out the putty you just applied and get out any excess putty that may have been over applied. Second to last step, is to once again clean your wheels to remove any excess dust from sanding and also any other dirt that may have shown up on the wheels as you were working with them. Lastly before your ready to paint, you will need to mask off a few areas before your ready to paint if your planning on leaving the wheels on the car. Tape around the wheel itself and also cover up the tire as well. Take a garbage bag cut it in half and make sure you cover your rotors and disc breaks etc. Now, your finally ready to paint. You don't need to apply any primer (only if your changing the wheel color.) Lightly spray the areas you've just been working on. Wait 10-15 mins inbetween each coat. Apply at least 3-4 coats. Wait about an hour or two before you use the car again.

Oh yeah, Fast shipping as well! Haha

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific Paint, September 21, 2011
Being a big Auto DIY'er I have performed pretty much every job from fixing a windshield to rebuilding a transmission. I've also done my share of painting various pieces of cars to entire cars themselves. I've also gone through several paint changes on wheels as well and have tried several products. The duplicolor wheel paint isn't just any ordinary spray paint, it's designed to hold up to the punishment that wheels are put through everyday. The paint is durable and very chip resistant and a terrifc alternative to powdercoating which I was quoted as $300 per wheel! No thank you! The duplicolor, once it thoroughly dries can be cleaned with regular wheel cleaning products and will not fade or peel like regular spray paint. Thank god for this seller as no one in my area carries the white wheel paint.

4.0 out of 5 stars 3 cans = 4 17" wheels, July 23, 2014
Ceasar "Hello world!" (Spring, Texas, United States) - See all my reviews
Painted my rashed up wheels (after much filling and sanding). Got two cans for four wheels, and should have got three. Two worked but three would have made me more comfortable. The only advice I can give is make sure your prep work is longer than the actual painting. If so you did it right. Looks superb and when I feel like a new color I will be doing it again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice black color. But I have noticed a few easy chips, August 8, 2013
The color is great and it coats well. Plan to get a few cans, though. I thought I could get away with one like another poster said, but you're going to want to buy 3 to get several coats and smooth, solid black color on all 4 rims.

5.0 out of 5 stars great paint, February 6, 2014
bought two cans of this to paint my atv frame and it did the job and then some, very pleased with the finish and protection it offered. i will be buying more of this

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, February 24, 2014
It has been on my rims for nearly six months now with nary a scratch or noticeable imperfection. Holds up well to hot roads and winter salts. I took my time and did one rim a day. It can be a real PITA to do this correctly. I cleaned the rims with several products and multiple types of brushes, finishing with denatured alcohol. I primed with self-etching primer (1 tack, 2 full). One can finished one rim, front and back (you really have to do the back, unless your rim is solid). One tack and 3 full coats, per rim. Finished with a matte top coat, one tack, three full. Let everything cure for a week or so before washing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, October 31, 2014
Works great for my application - not as durable as today's 2 part paints but it's ok.

5.0 out of 5 stars High class product., June 18, 2014
Purchased this can for my daughter's car wheels. Winter in northeast this year took its toll on her hub caps and wheels. I painted wheels with this paint meant for such purpose, installed new caps, car looks fabulous. Why the hub caps? Well, we are from school where you preserved what you had. In this case this is a seven year old car with 40,000 miles and no monthly payments.

5.0 out of 5 stars High Performance Wheel Paint, June 8, 2014
Really good product and had enough paint from one can to coat 2 alloy wheels. Super fast shipping also. I would buy same product again.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›