- File Size: 260 KB
- Print Length: 75 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publication Date: December 12, 2009
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B0030T1DZY
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Not Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#1,873,236 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #5723 in Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Science Fiction & Fantasy
- #16904 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Science Fiction
- #22346 in Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Literature & Fiction
Duplicate Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Top Customer Reviews
Let's just say that it is basically a puzzle story; the puzzle involves the survival of the protagonist in unusual and very uncomfortable situations; and he dies. Several times.
Against the protagonist: an asteroid mining corporation, greed, piracy, and contract negotiations. Usually more than one of these at a time. There are twists aplenty, moral ambiguity, and the use of weapons.
Overall, an enjoyable read.
The story is well-crafted both in plot and character development. The point of view changes a few times, which in some stories can cause readers to get lost, but I never had any trouble with the switches, and they brought a richness that you usually don't get with a single POV character. I could relate to these characters.
There's a lot going on in this novella, so it does require the reader to pay attention. That said, at ~100 pages (on paper) you can easily read it in a single sitting.
A veteran miner thinks little of these risks, until a series of unlikely mishaps propel him into the adventure of several dozen lifetimes!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The fact the writer is very much a programmer is clear by the recursive nature of the story line logic. Well done and enjoyable, wished it was longer.Published on August 24, 2013 by Tobor
I picked up a paper copy of this book from the author at a recent science fiction convention, and enjoyed it a lot. Read morePublished on February 8, 2013 by Kindle Customer
A quick but fulfilling read, and ultimately a page-turner. I'd recommend it for any fan of classic sci-fi with twist after twist.Published on December 23, 2011 by Dylan D Gould
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Adventure
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Adventure