Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

• Customer Reviews

on May 20, 2013
Great pin combos, and I like the idea you strip off chunks of flat-leaded pins to use as "Busses".
With 2 or 3 of these kits, you're good to go for the next 10 years.
Only down side, jumpers are all the same length, but buy some "Dupont" male and female crimp pins(cheap)
and a crimper, cut these jumpers to length and crimp on new pins. Bam!
on June 19, 2014
These are invaluable for anyone who has to prototype. The lengths are fine for most things. I run a 3060 Tie Point Board and they are just a tad short for a full reach across. (So I just chain them). They are a bit tight to start off so I plug them into each other to break them in to protect my boards points. They even appear to be able to handle decent amperage.

For the money a good deal. I plan on ordering this again now that I see they are good.
on September 4, 2013
I at least have some useful male-male jumpers, but the female ends of the jumpers can't seem to form a secure connection to anything on my circuit board. I guess I can strip those ends, but then what was the point of buying preformed jumper wires?!
on January 14, 2014
These things are trash... listen to all the other negative reviewers. I thought they were awesome at first and then after a week or so of using them I changed my mind. The male pins are not solid but very flimsy and bent in a u shape to make them 'pin-like'. I have had a few of the male ends break off inside of my microcontroller and believe me I am not happy with these things! They do not fit tight either and create a lot of noise which was a whole different annoyance! I wish I bought better ones because the noise and breaking of these cables is unacceptable. I have posted a photo of my experience with these cables breaking and twisting etc. here on Amazon: ecx . images-amazon . com / images / I / 611MXyDQdFL . jpg without the spaces.
review image
on August 30, 2014
Great buy. Nice assortment. Setup keeps them organized as I pull off what I need one by one for projects. NO SMELL AT ALL... Maybe it's been fixed since the other reviews... But note that mine were excellent with no smell at all.
on April 11, 2016
This a good breadboard with tons of space for large projects. The connections are nice and tight. That doesn't sound too important until you've had to deal with a breadboard that is too loose and your wires and parts start popping out or worse, have a poor connection that is hard to diagnosis. I have another one of these that is very similar (Ramsey WBU206 Breadboard - 2390 Tie Points), but isn't being sold anymore on Amazon. One thing to be aware of, make sure to look at the power rails going down the board. They are not continuous like the Ramsey board, so you can work in separate two sections on each strip, but that also means that you'll have to jump the power rails to the next section if you're using a one supply. I spent quite a while working on a circuit trying to figure out why part of it wasn't running until I noticed the break in the rails. Also, I'm not convinced the rubber stick-on feet for this board are to stay on forever, however you could remedy that with some epoxy or gorilla glue.

I didn't receive any jumpers with mine and I don't believe the board comes with them anymore. Just the board and am using cut wire for my jumpers. I prefer that over those cheesy pre-made jumpers.
on April 30, 2014
Great value. They fit in a prototype connection block better. These jumpers have 0.024" square pins and make good contact in sockets. I also have jumpers with 0.023" round pins and they don't make good connections.
on November 15, 2015
The breadboards and base plate appear to be of reasonable quality for the price.

However, as others have noted, the standoffs do not stick well to the base plate, They standoff adhesive foot print is not large enough, the base plate is a bit slippery, and the standoff is taller than it is wide, lending to the feet easily being dis jarred from the base plate (see pictures).
WORKAROUND: Add a lock washer between the mounting nut and the base plate.

Another minor annoyance is the binding post fit and finish in the base plate. The plate has flat sided mounting holes which appear to be intended to keep likewise flat sided binding posts from rotating in the base plate once mounted. This is a good idea, except the binding posts are too small for the base plate holes to make use of this feature. It seems either the holes in the base plate were made too big, or the binding posts selected are too small (see pictures).
WORKAROUND: clean and lightly sand the mounting point on the base plate for better adhesion. Maybe also use larger square adhesive feet to replace the ones that come with the board.
review image review image
on February 6, 2014
The jumpers are a good length for prototyping. I don’t understand the smell issue some people have had. I mean I can smell the odor of some solvent but not as I am using these cables, only as I put one up to my nose but I know that is not where it belongs. The male and female ends fit just perfect onto my Texas Instruments Tiva Launchpad female and male connections respectively and seem secure enough. However, when used onto two different brand breadboards, they appear to be a bit too loose and there is quite a bit of wiggle room as it sits there inside the connection point. Which brings me back to the description of these wires where it states they are 2.54 mm… Easy to verify… Off to get my digital calipers… And it seems that the 2.54 mm measurement is of the black housing that holds the end of the wire. This of course happens to be the distance between two connecting points on a breadboard (that way if you have two jumpers right next to each other, you can see that they sit flush with one another. As for the actual (male) prong, it measures 0.61 mm...
Well AWG diameters are as follows:
21 AWG = 0.723 mm = 0.0285"
22 AWG = 0.644 mm = 0.0253"
23 AWG = 0.573 mm = 0.0226"

From there, looking over at my breadboard specs I can see that it calls for 21-26 gauge wire for its holes… 26 AWG wire = 0.405 mm and 21 AWG wire = 0.723 mm. but to be more specific, this would be closest to 22 AWG wire which is @ 0.644 mm. I would have preferred them to be more in the 21 range but after plugging several random male and female connections over several points on that board and testing continuity between extreme ends, everything checked out as being a good contact. That is all that matters. All in all, a great value for 120 jumpers.
on June 25, 2015
Update: I returned my first one and ordered another because it seems like a good price for this item. The replacement unit has the binding posts with it and it works just fine. So I am changing my review from 1 star to 4 stars.

First review title: "Power supply posts missing! Avoid."

" Binding Posts Coded Black, Red, Yellow and Green" Picture shows these posts and the description says they are there. There is a spot for them in the bubble packaging but they were missing. This one is going back.