5.0 out of 5 stars Know What You Are Getting & How To Use It !!!!!
I own several of these and just ordered another three from Amazon. If I had allowed some of these reviews to influence my initial decision, I would never have purchased my first one. Examples of some of the reviews that I would like to refute:

> It's heavy: Sheesh! It holds FOURTEEN GALLONS, not ONE GALLON. Guess what happens when you ADD GALLONS - The...
Published on May 24, 2010 by Michael Brennan

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money
I was really looking foward to getting this. Instead of carrying two 6 gallon cans I could roll one unit. After I got it I wish I didn't waste my money. There are two little valves (same as those little garden hose shut-offs)which are small and difficult to get to and I have smaller hands. Then the valve that is further in came loose. After several emails and phone calls...
Published on June 21, 2007 by John Garrity

‹ Previous | 1 2 331 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Much happier with this than reviews would have indicated, September 29, 2012
This review is from: Scepter 06792 Flo N' Go Durmax Fuel Container, Wheeled, Red, 14-Gallon (Sports)
Due to the reviews I was on the fence about purchasing this gas tank. However, I was delightfully surprized.
(Review coming from a small not necessarily mechanically inclined female)
Pro's
- Lays flat for filling and transport
- Sturdier than I thought it would be for the price
- Hose attaches, no leaks, valves are pretty easy to navigate
- Rolls well, have rolled it full over grass without much difficulty

Con's
- The pump handle does not feel like it is super durable, especially if used to pump gas as opposed to gravity feed

Buyer beware
- When full it weighs more than I do, you might need some help
- To pump gas into a car, you will need the long gas tank funnel
- I rolled it onto my front porch to pump from it, which is four steps up, from that level it emptied nicely into an SUV, very little was left in the tank

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great for me. Recommended., July 17, 2012
I'm really glad I bought this. I use it to fill my riding mower and push mower. It was easy to fill at the gas station. I only filled it to 10 gallons the very first time to make sure I could lift it easily into the back of my SUV (the instructions said it should be taken out of the vehicle and placed lying down on the ground to fill - which seems like a good idea). I had no problem hefting it up into the car, but, especially if filled to max, I could see how some smaller folks might have a harder time (I'm 6 feet tall). So, if you can't lift 14 gallons of fluid by yourself, either don't fill it all the way, or take someone with you to help you.

I have no problem using it, either. Loosen the air/vent valve, and open the two ball valves at the bottom (one for the tank, the other for the hose). As another reviewer said, it's easier if you lay it on its back to do this, then stand it up. Takes all of ten seconds. Simply reverse the process when you're done to get it ready to store. You might want to close the ball valves first, then finish pumping out whatever small amount might still be in the hose itself.

You do have to actually pump the handle, which does require both hands, since you have to also hold in the little safety button. A bit annoying, but, hey, you're probably using this to fill up smaller engines like mowers and whatnot. You're probably not using it to fill your car or truck. So, you might have to switch hands while filling if you get tired. Since the gas gets pumped out in little batches, it might splash, rather than just smoothly pour, so you might want to be sure that the end of the spout is really inside the tank, or filling along the side or something, to minimize splash-back. Took only a second or two to see how to do it on my mowers.

The wheels are not rubber or anything fancy like that. They're just plastic disks. But, I generally don't need to roll it more than just a few feet. I roll it just out of garage, pump it, then roll it the few feet back in. I'm not dragging it around like rolling luggage through an airport.

So, it's not a magical device. The fact that it holds a lot of gas also means (when full) it will be on the heavy side. The fact that it's a manually-operated device means you burn a couple of calories using it, rather than flipping a switch or something. But it does what it is supposed to do, and it works great for me. I've had no problems with it, and would recommend it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy this item, June 15, 2012
It's fairly easy to assemble and to fill it up. But that's where the ease ends. It takes literally forever for this thing to "pump" out gas. Even when you have it raised above whatever you are dispensing the gas into the length of the hose makes you have to keep pumping the handle to get the gas to trickle out, and that's all it does is trickle. It's not like you can pump it 20 times to get it flowing and then it just flows. It literally took me over 30 minutes to empty this into my boat's gas tank. You're better off just buying a few 5 gallon jugs and a funnel. It would be great if it pumped the gas at a good flow, but it doesn't. It trickles out and it will drive you crazy waiting for it to come out and your hand will get tired from pumping the handle over and over to get the gas to flow. Total waste of money.

4.0 out of 5 stars This thing saved my back!, February 8, 2008
Deborah (Winchester, New Hampshire, United States) - See all my reviews
We bought this thing so that we could stop lifting those 5, and 10 gallon tanks, only to have to tip them over, and upside down to fill the lawn mower, and snow blower, or even the generator. The hose is extremely handy, and has saved my back! NO more clean jerks off the ground to try to get it tipped over, and into the gas tank of whatever we are filling. The hose slips easily into the gas tanks, and the handle has an easy shut off. easy to roll to and from whatever we are using. I highly reccomend this product. Shop around for the best price. I found prices varied by as much as 50%.

3.0 out of 5 stars It concentrates the headache of refueling!, April 25, 2010
MAAH (Orland Park, Illinois United States) - See all my reviews
I love and hate this thing. 5-gal. cans are too bulky to pour from; 2-gal. cans need refilling too often. I hoped the Flo-N-Go would be the answer to keeping my thirsty Deere satisfied.

It has, but it's taken (too much?) work to adjust to this beast. Here are my tips:
1. Sta-bil-ize each fill-up and you won't have to worry about stale gas.
2. Always use the buddy system to move/lift/transport. It's a bulky 90+ lbs. filled.
3. Have a secure elevated storage spot that you fuel from. Gravity's your friend! The hand pump: Not so much!

As for the product (suggestions for improvement):
1. The dual shut-off valves (1 on the tank & 1 on the hose) at the bottom are a pain to get at; real knuckle-busters.
2. The 10-ft. 'fuel hose' they ship with the unit is pathetic. This 'NexGen' black plastic hose quickly became too brittle to use, taking a set to the coiled position it was stored in and kinking up when I tried to straighten it. I'm glad it snapped in two this winter. I now have a 'real' Gates rubber fuel hose.
3. The hand pump BEGS to have the child lock disabled/removed. I understand and agree that devices like these need proper safety guards, but this handle is horribly engineered. Every time you release your squeeze, the handle relocks, making it's use a two-handed affair.
4. Another set of lift/carry handles at the bottom of the unit would make it much easier to lift the unit on & off truck beds for refills. The top bar/handle is great!

In spite of all these difficulties, I'm glad I can have this much gas on hand. I hope I've solved the hose problem and I look forward to having a home refill station for all my gas-powered yard equipment.

2.0 out of 5 stars Static Discharge Danger -filling, January 19, 2012
Plastic tanks -MUST-, repeat -MUST- be GROUNDED (or set on the ground)when being filled. The flow of the fuel builds up a static charge in the plastic which can be disasterous when sparking off.
A metalic ground strap, cable or wire should be attached so as to be able to properly ground when filling. Smaller 5-gallon plastic tanks generally have a label which pictorially warns of the danger of fueling in the truck bed.
As this tank is very large, the tendency of the user will be to leave it in the truck bed (often of a plastic as well) when fueling.
Aircraft have clip-on points for fueling due to this danger. This product without a ground capability is a disaster waiting to happen. It may be a good product otherwise, but I have no experience with it other than the previous safety comments.
I very strongly suggest that existing tanks be attached with a hose clamp to a lead which has a strong clamp long enough to reach to the pump metal.
The manufacturer should retrofit existing models and outfit new production with this safety requirement.
I am surprised that UL has allowed this.
Former Aircraft Fueler

1.0 out of 5 stars do not buy this unit, November 16, 2011
i bought 2 of these units to transport fuel for filling up my boat at the lake house
im very dissapointed and the flo n go is the worst product i have ever bought
the fuel hose is so cheep and thin you need 3 sets of hands to keep the kinks out of it while pumping fuel
let alone after storing this unit with the hose wound up.the kinks never come out
after 3rd time of use nozzel broke off.shut off valves are in a to tight of a spot.plus they should put a brass elbow at the bottom of the shutoff to the hose to relieve the kink and stress at this point
3 e-mails to flo n go 2 replys and 6 months later i still havent gotten any replacement hose
cocmpany will not stand by this product.DO NOT BUY.........TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it, October 5, 2011
Bought 2 to bring gas to my boat. The gas fill cap is lower than the dock so gravity does all the work, I do not pump it. Takes about 10 minutes to empty the can and leaves very little in it, maybe 1/4 gallon. I just tip it forward and the rest comes out. I can see if you are trying to pump the gas up against gravity where it could cause a problem.

1.0 out of 5 stars Huge waste of money, August 27, 2011
When it was working, it was real pain and fuel got everywhere. Then the nozzle broke off. I have not been able to find a glue to get it back on. The only way I can get it to work now is if I lift the whole thing above what I'm trying to fill, pump like a mad man and use a huge funnel to catch the big mess it makes without the nozzle. I tossed the hose and won't bother ordering a replacement. Rather I just leave it lying on it's back and use a simple hand pump fuel siphon to fill my generator or Justrite fuel cans I just bought. Not elegant but far more effective and doesn't spill a drop. Also, my cheap siphon has a far more flexible and usable hose even though it's much shorter and doesn't have the reach of the Flo n'go hose.

Fed up with the worst piece of garbage money can buy, I shelled out for a pair of "Justrite 7250120 AccuFlow 5 Gallon, 11.75" OD x 17.50" H Galvanized Steel Type II Red Safety Can With 5/8" Flexible Spout" on Amazon for about the same price as one of these. I have never seen a better built gas can and unlike this piece of garbage, I can lift the Justrite cans with one hand and they don't spill a drop. The Justrite cans are also far easier to transport and fill. Justrite type II cans may be overkill for home use but considering how horrible the Flo n'go pump is I didn't want to risk getting another piece of garbage and opted to buy what looked like top of the line.

I've operated farm equipment, small engines, generators, fuel vales, pumps, siphons, etc. so using the Flow n'go should have been a simple task for me. It isn't. I gave it one star because it if you throw away the hose that comes with it, lay it on its back and use a cheap fuel siphon instead it will work but that's clearly not how the product is meant to be used or why you would buy it. Three 5 gallon cans are far more manageable, won't cramp your hand and won't make anywhere near as bad of a mess.

1.0 out of 5 stars not long living, May 5, 2012
i owned this item for almost 2 years. the first year the nozzle failed and was replaced under warranty. the hose was constantly kinking and was told in essence that was the only hose available. i purchased new 1/2 in. fuel hose (at the cost of $30.00 and solved the problem. a month ago the ball valve that shuts off the tank to the hose started leaking.i called the manufacturer (in canada ) and was told it was not repairable and since the 1 yr. warranty was up there was nothing they could do for me! i would not recommend purchasing this item because it's a piece of JUNK ! i now have a useless fuel caddy with additional money invested in hose.

‹ Previous | 1 2 331 | Next ›