Keurig B70 Platinum Brewing System
Used & New from: $89.99
Durability. Has anyone had a miachine that lasted more than 18 mo?
asked by Amazon Customer on November 26, 2009
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 35 answers
A
Have had a B60 model for over 2 years now. Secret is the quality of the water which impacts the frequency that you have to clean the machine using the recommended method (good old water and vinegar solution).
ILoveGadgets answered on November 29, 2009
Comment | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I had my first Keurig 70 replaced within 3 months. It just stopped brewing. It's 8 months later and the replacement doesn't work either. My warantee is up the end of this month, so it's going back, too. Now I don't know what to do, as I've got boxes and boxes of K-cups. I sure like the idea of single cup brewing, as nobody in this house defines "good cup of coffee" the same way. I wish the machine were more reliable.
50+ answered on January 1, 2010
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I'm on my 4th Keurig 70. The first I had for about 11 months. The first stopped producing full cups of coffee even after full cleaning. I called and the company replaced machine promptly. This machine died in about 6 weeks. The machine would power off by itself when trying to make a cup of coffee. The company replace this machine promptly. This 3rd machine is going back today. It lasted about 2 weeks. It is again powering off by itself. The company promptly replaced this machine. The 4th Keurig 70 is on the counter ready to brew. I really love the Keurig, but it needs to be more reliable. I've used the machine about 1 year and believe the coffee is great and the convenience is great. They reset my warranty with each new machine delivered. I'm hope this one lasts. I NEED MY COFFEE!
Barbara L. Krabbe answered on January 7, 2010

A
I had the same problem. My machine just stopped working period. Descaling with vinegar doesn't work. I am going back to old conventional 12 cup coffee maker.
iBang answered on April 10, 2011

A
Mine stopped working after 15 months (Keurig 70). Stopped brewingKeurig Single-cup Brewing System B70 with 72 K Cups
B. Ibrahim answered on June 19, 2010
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
They phoned back and said the stress fracture was from using the K-cup insert for your own coffee. I only use this when I run out of K-Cups. Also, since my coffee maker is out of warranty they would replace it for $100.00. Mine is still functional so I will use as long as it lasts.
ladycdw answered on June 19, 2010

A
It sounds like production in the last year or two has gotten a lot worse. I'd love to buy one for my daughter but don't want her to have to go through what a lot of you have. Not sure what to do unless someone wants to sell me a 4 year old one that's been hardly used LOL. Thanks for your input!
Linda Jenkins answered on June 3, 2011

A
I am not sure if any model from Keurig is any more reliable than others. I had B70 (bought from Costco) for 8 months and it broke. I used only filtered water (reverse osmosis system). For very first time, descaling with vinegar worked but next time even using 100% vinegar over 8 hours won't cure the problem. It just won't brew. I hear water trying to be sucked up from the reserve but nothing would come out. I am very disappointed in their design.
iBang answered on June 1, 2011
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Just got my replacement B70 after 15 months of use. Reading all these machines that died, is having me skeptical this one will last. I am going to use up my K-cups and not buy any new ones and just use our own coffee with the little Eko brew coffee filter after the k-cups run out! I am shocked that this company has not been able to fix this problem that has been going on FOR YEARS!! Amazing.
dluvsamazon answered on June 2, 2012

A
Mine lasted 16 months. It only gave me 1/4 cup or no cup at all. I cleaned it with vinegar every few months to avoid scale build up. Called Keurig and they said to use a paper clip to clean out the orifices in the needles. That didn't help. After descaling several times I gave up. I don't really know if the failure was scale build up or some other problem. Keurig offered me a replacement K70 for $79.99, which I received within 2 days of the order. If this one doesn't last any longer I won't buy another Keurig.
Robert C. Risley answered on September 13, 2012
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   Next ›

See all questions about this product