5.0 out of 5 stars 5 for the Actual Product & a 1 for the workmanship!
Ashley Furniture DuraBlend - Black Reclining Loveseat w/ Console 2370094.

Published on January 22, 2012 by Hmm

1.0 out of 5 stars DuraBlend Peels!
Customer Video Review     Length:: 0:19 Mins
Published on October 17, 2011 by Ronald P. Brown

1.0 out of 5 stars DuraBlend Peels!, October 17, 2011
Length:: 0:19 Mins

I purchased an Ashley DuraBlend chair. It looked very good and I had difficulty telling it from the other full leather pieces of furniture that I have but at a fraction of the cost. That should have been my first indication something was not quite right. A little over a year after I purchased this chair I noticed small cracks appearing in the leather. After about 18 months of normal use the DuraBlend leather started peeling and flaking off of the chair (see the video). Needless to say I am very disappointed in this product especially since Ashley only warrants the DuraBlend covering for 12 months and has told me that they have no intentions of recovering or replacing the chair. I will acknowledge that the structural elements within the chair have held together well over this period of time.

There have been numerous complaints about Ashley's DuraBlend and to my knowledge Ashley has not made any attempt to correct this problem. Until they remove their DuraBlend leather from their inventory I will continue to show the results of a very unreliable product that should never have been pawned off onto the public. I personally believe that it shows that Ashley disregards their customers.

Please view the video and choose a different product or different covering so this won't happen to you.

1.0 out of 5 stars DuraBlend Peels!, October 17, 2011
Length:: 0:19 Mins

1.0 out of 5 stars Durablend- problems.. a blend but not durable.., December 7, 2012
This review is from: Durablend Cafe Double Reclining Loveseat (Kitchen)
I have an Ashley Furniture Durablend sectional purchased new in 2010. After only a year it started to self destruct before our eyes. It appears as if the "leather" exterior is flaking off like a healed sunburn. We vacuum the scabs off the floor but more appear everyday. Generally it was used like any other couch in a small family with no pets. After doing some research I find out that typically, bonded leather contains 57% polyurethane, 26% poly/cotton blend and 17% leather, plus or minus. I measured the thickness of one of the layers of "leather" that separated from the fabric backing of the couch. The layer was .23 millimeters thick or close to 1/100th of an inch that separates you from the fabric underneath. Ashley I believe calls it DURABLEND(tm) which if you look at my couch you would say the name is only half right. So I agree with the other negative reviewers. I would not recommend any furniture with the term Durablend associated with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 for the Actual Product & a 1 for the workmanship!, January 22, 2012
Ashley Furniture DuraBlend - Black Reclining Loveseat w/ Console 2370094.

For starters - this is a very comfortable chair. I use the armrest for my mouse and retract it when putting a drink in the cup holder & watching t.v. The length when reclining is decent but it takes some getting used to when you are putting it back into seating position (it feels like it is squishing you) other than that it's great. Very nice size and the design makes the chair blend into your decor nicely. Now the Bad News. The workmanship sucks. First - just to say that this isn't a reflection on the seller (Amazon etc.), I bought my loveseat from an independent brick and mortar store & their service was also horrible. On day one the loveseat removed from the packaging by the store's delivery team had a rip on it. Received 1/14/2012 on 1/21/2012 looking for my daughters black glove on the loveseat I checked in between the crease of the chair & felt a tear in the chair. Upon further inspection, I noticed a very sharp pointy object sticking out from the arm of the sofa. Had I not been searching for the glove (she's 7 yrs. old so it is a cloth glove) I would have never known that the chair would have continued to rip or worse my daughter could have gotten stuck by the nail. Addressing these issues would make customers like myself very happy & oh yes making the customer feel like they have been ripped off isn't good business either. Companies don't seem to realize that, if I bought from you once - just maybe I may want to buy from you again! BAD SERVICE WILL DETERMINE THAT I DON'T & OH YEAH-THIS IS THE INTERNET SO A BAD REVIEW GOES A LOOOONG WAAAAYY! That 1 dollar today isn't going to stretch or last for tomorrow!

1.0 out of 5 stars Durablend is junk!, June 10, 2013
This review is from: Durablend Cafe Double Reclining Loveseat (Kitchen)
I have an Ashley Durablend loveseat that we purchased in 2009. This year the covering started peeling out of control. DO NOT PURCHASE THIS ITEM!

1.0 out of 5 stars Peeled for us too, June 13, 2013
This review is from: Durablend Cafe Double Reclining Loveseat (Kitchen)
As previously stated why would I buy a couch knowing it was going to peel after 1 year. Its all over the floor, kids keep picking at it. 2000 wasted. DON'T DO IT.

1.0 out of 5 stars Peels and cracks, August 17, 2013
This review is from: Durablend Cafe Double Reclining Loveseat (Kitchen)
Horrible product! Stay away! Durablend will fall apart in about 18-24 months. Right after the 12 month warranty period. Strongly recommend against anyone buying Durablend products. Junk! Beware!

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware of Durablend and warranty, March 28, 2012
This review is from: Durablend Cafe Double Reclining Loveseat (Kitchen)
Boy I wish I could have talked to you before you bought a durablend couch and thought the 5 years service agreement would save you if you had any problems. I bought a durablend couch and chair from Ashley in store and got suckered into buying the 5 year agreement because they promised me that if anything happened it would be covered. Well on month old couch and this material is paper thin and if you sit on it with a button on your clothes or wipe it with a paper towel after your kid spills apple juice it makes tiny rips. I call Ashley, they come out and first make up some story that a cat did it, really? I don't even own a cat. Then they claim it still isn't covered. THey will pull anything not to cover the warranty. I have filed a BBB complaint and email complaints to Ashleys headquaters and Guardsman. I researched durablend and Ashley online and hundreds if not thousands of complaints about durablend being junk and how Ashley will sell you that 5 year warranty and make up anything not to cover it yet they claim anything is covered. I now own junk that is one month old.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, December 30, 2012
This review is from: Durablend Cafe Double Reclining Loveseat (Kitchen)
Any items from Asley store will last for one year and once their warranty period is over items started showing some problem. This Durablend seats are one of them. Looks very nice when it shows up first but fades over time and poor quality will show up as mentioned by others. Highly disappointed.

1.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE OF ASHLEY FURNITURE, December 27, 2013
This review is from: Durablend Cafe Double Reclining Loveseat (Kitchen)
If you are looking to spend your money on COMPLETE GARBAGE, then look no further than Ashley Furniture. Purchased a DURABLEND couch and love seat from Ashley here in Austin 18 months ago. The Durablend product was touted by Ashley as having the same durability as leather. Both pieces have completely disintegrated. The flakes which have come off the pieces have landed on the floor. A niece who is a toddler almost choked on them. In my opinion, they sell "garbage". This is based on other pieces I have purchased from Ashley. One being a dining room set in which the majority of the wood chairs for the set have fallen apart, one collapsing under one of our dinner guests. Their are other competitively priced furniture dealers like Rooms to Go and IKEA and even I dare say department stores, stand by their products. Ashley is in the business of taking one's money while selling junk and warranties which are little more than worthless. Very little care is given to the customer with regards to his or her concerns!

Durablend Cafe Double Reclining Loveseat
$1,086.00 $832.09
In stock. Usually ships within 4 to 5 days.