5.0 out of 5 stars Recent production batteries...not factory surplus apparently
Published on April 22, 2010 by Chris L. Holmes

1.0 out of 5 stars Misleading Ad for Duracell Batteries
The items are not as represented by seller. These batteries are not in the original Duracell packaging. They come loose in a plastic bag. There is no way to tell if they are real, fake or have been used. Do not buy this product from this seller. Very misleading ad.
Published on April 20, 2012 by Paul D

5.0 out of 5 stars Recent production batteries...not factory surplus apparently, April 22, 2010
I'm pretty used to buying batteries online and finding they had been made long before I ordered them (had some CR123 with experations the next month from another vendor). In at least my case, my batteries from this vendor show a production date of 3/30/10...and I ordered them on April 18th. You can't get any younger batteries (exp is Mar2016). I'll be checking this distrbutor out for the rest of my battery needs.

1.0 out of 5 stars Misleading Ad for Duracell Batteries, April 20, 2012

1.0 out of 5 stars Batteries leaked, ruined camera, October 11, 2010
Picked up a pair of Duracell AA batteries on a vacation when my rechargeables died. The batteries started leaking after about two months of light use in the camera, and the clear liquid that came out couldn't all be cleaned from the camera, which now refuses to turn on with new batteries despite it being in near perfect condition otherwise.

I am in the market for a new camera... and I don't plan to buy Duracell again (I'll remember an extra set of rechargeables next time).

- - -

Edit, 12/14/2010:

I have gotten a bit of flack for putting a negative review on these batteries (just 1 out of 5 helpful, which is pretty typical when putting a negative review on Amazon). My review is to note that I got a lemon product. I realize it is probably rare, and there are plenty of folks who review the batteries who got a good set. But so long as there are lemons, there should be an occasional negative review on a product.

Reviews are almost entirely based on anecdotal evidence. Some folks happen to get a bad product (a lemon), so we rate the product we got, not the product we might have gotten. Other folks who purchased a good product (not a lemon) do the same. Looking at all the reviews, you get an overall impression of the integrity and utility of the product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Chinese Knock-Offs? P&G says they are fake and they died quickly., February 3, 2012
Update (2/27/12): I ordered 4 Duracell 9v from this seller. The picture you see here shows standard retail packaging. What I got was not retail packaging, it was 3rd party repackaged batteries. The seller says they repackage from large bulk packaging (they sent me a pic of a big box of batteries that also did not even say Duracell on the box). On further inspection, the batteries did not match the retail Duracell 9v's I already had. These batteries weighed about half as much and felt flimsy. These have 3 Chinese letters on the base with a date. They also had a symbol of a trash can crossed out with "EU" over it, a sign telling you not to throw these in the trash in the European Union. These batteries also died in half a day of use in a TENS unit, where the real Duracell's had lasted 2-3 days. I contacted Procter & Gamble (makers of Duracell) and they told me:
1. They do not allow their authorized sellers to repackage from bulk packaging. Any batteries not in retail packaging should be assumed to be fake.
2. Their batteries sold in the US do not have the standard EU "no trash" warning on them as these did.
3. Their batteries sold in the US do not have a date on the bottom or Chinese letters.

This is very unfortunate, as my previous review had been quite positive, having received true retail packaging and good batteries.

Here is my previous review:

Just received my batteries on 02/03/12. They were dated 9/27/11 (they are supposed to stay fresh for 7 years and are guaranteed by Duracell). They were in full retail display packaging that was unopened. Great price!

1.0 out of 5 stars WARNING THEY LEAK!, August 22, 2012
Upate 10/11/12: I know some can exaggerate but unfortunately I am not. I just found another flashlight, one of those little, metal Brinkmanns, where the batteries were not only corroded but I had to pry them out only to find a horrible odor. Half of the battery label was even eaten away. This is just unbelievable. What't the point of batteries if you have to constantly take them out and put them in only when you need to use the item!

----------------------------

I have had several Duracell batteries leak and ruin equipment. I have had to replace a thermostat, several radios, flashlights, remotes, etc. Duracell will not do a thing about it and in fact have a FAQ that states not to get the leakage on you or clothing.

Most recently I checked a remote and not just a little bit but the entire battery compartment was covered in battery leakage. The batteries were dated March 2016 - this is 2012!

I am not exaggerating how many things have been ruined by Duracell batteries - it blows my mind.

Check your equipment!

Very expensive when you realize the amount of equipment that needs to be replaced!

1.0 out of 5 stars DEAD!, December 22, 2011
I went through five sets of these in ONE DAY taking pictures. I didn't even take that many. These were so bad!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Duracell batteries at an Amazon price, May 24, 2010
If you check out local stores, you will find these are at least a bit below retail sales price for these batteries. Batteries will always be around the same price, but a few dollars off is worth getting them through Amazon!

5.0 out of 5 stars Batteries, batteries, batteries!, March 31, 2010
Sara Schmitt (New York, NY United States) - See all my reviews
I got these about three weeks ago, and still haven't used them up yet. So many batteries. Awesome. So far, they've lasted about four times as long in my Canon digital point-and-shoot than my Energizer rechargeables. And they're on track to outperform the regular Energizers in my Xbox controllers. I think I'm a coppertop convert. The price is pretty good, too--probably not the absolute cheapest, but these are real Duracells (not knockoffs) that are far from their expiration date.

1.0 out of 5 stars Delivered product does not match webpage, October 16, 2013
As many others have reviewed, I got the batteries in a lose package and they were made in China, whereas the Amazon website shows Duracell packaging and mentions "Made in USA".
Also this product is "Fulfilled by Amazon", i.e. shipped and packed at Amazon warehouses!

I have written an email to Amazon, lets see how Amazon responds:

I am writing to complain about misleading product placement on Amazon website.
I ordered Duracell Batteries as part of Order <redacted>.
There were couple of issues:
1. Amazon Website shows them in Duracell packaging, but I got it in lose bag.
2. Amazon website claims this is made in the USA, but the batteries have Made in China printed.
After seeing the customer reviews for the product in detail, I see that many customers have already complained about this and also that the product is not working as expected. Why has this still not be pulled from the Amazon store?
I also find it shocking that this is a "Fulfilled by Amazon" product - were there no quality/authenticity checks done?
Requesting you to look into this matter. In the meantime I am returning this product.
Pictures of the packaging and battery attached. Also, the Amazon website screenshot attached.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dead Batteries, February 11, 2012
As a disabled person I rely on ordering things online since it's very difficult for me to get out and I dont drive. I ordered these batteries and it took them 16 days to get here and when they arrived all of them were dead.

Duracell Coppertop AA Batteries Retail Pack 20-Count (Pack of 3)
$80.23
In stock. Usually ships within 4 to 5 days.