Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

Size: AAA|Unit Count: 34|Change

on May 14, 2013
This is very frustrating. I received this package of batteries today. They were not packaged anything like the photos shown. I've added photos for you to see how they arrived. Then I read some of the complaints here. Then I spent a couple of hours looking for information online about fake DURACELL batteries. Turns out there are quite a few fakes out there. I compared the battery to another AAA battery I had that came from an authentic DURACELL package purchased a local store. The differences I noticed on the batteries from this package are: 1 - there is a line printed on the side that reads : ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT ACCESSORY. 2 - Other than the word DURACELL, al the type is in a different size. 3 - there is a date printed around the top (copper top + area) that reads: 2012/09 (see photo). 4 - the word DURACELL only appears on one side on the battery whereas the word is printed on both sides on the one I purchased locally. Also, on the Duracell website they say that they only sell their batteries to authorized resellers and only in Duracell packaging. I am definitely retuning these to Amazon. It's too bad we have to watch out for this type of thing. Hope this account and the photos help.
1414 comments| 216 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 6, 2014
These batteries might have a shelf life of ten years but when you get them they are already 2 years gone. So you are only getting 8 years, which when I ordered them, you would expect to get 10 years for that is how they are advertised. Be careful if you order these, know you probably won't get the full 10 years. update: these are the worse batteries ever, leaked and ruined things they were in and now since I had them on subscribe and save are afraid to use the rest. what a waste Duracell really.
review image review image review image
66 comments| 81 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 12, 2013
I can only rate what I received. The batteries I was sent (sold by Utrusted,fulfilled by Amazon) do not have the "Duralock" band around them (see pictures). These only have a 6.5 year shelf life, not Duralock's 10. This has happened to many others, see the reviews.

I'm returning these and placed an order with Amazon as the actual vendor. I'll update after I receive the order.

Update: The new order for AA batteries actually sold by Amazon and not merely fulfilled by them arrived today. They are the correct batteries with the correct markings in the proper packaging. My batch expires in 2022.

I am updating my review as follows:

5 stars if Amazon is the actual merchant.
1 star if Amazon is shipping Utrusted's (got to love the irony) stock.
on November 9, 2012
The box that showed up had a rubber band around it, it was open and the batteries were falling out.
The box said guaranteed for 7 seven years, the picture shows 10 years.
There is no way for me to know if these are used or new batteries.

I do not recommend you order these.
on March 23, 2015
I have been a loyal Duracell battery consumer for decades. "The copper top" was always my power cell of choice, even over Energizer.

But then the leakage started to happen. Sometime around 1999 is when it started. All Duracell batteries have an expiration date. And it has been well known that they can even work past that expiration date, by even a few years. But even before that date is reached, the cell should not leak. I have come to discover about a dozen separate Duracell batteries leaking in my devices. And these are low drain devices too, like remote controls. I even had some in a prized Master Replica prop... which the Duracell batteries ended up damaging due to leakage. The caustic white/green powder would seep out of the bottom end of the cells and get everywhere.

I contacted Duracell about this problem. Their response? "We've never heard of this." And they sent me a few coupons as compensation. Well, I'm not the only one. I've since read about numerous complaints made about their batteries. It saddens me, as performance wise they are usually better than Energizers. But I just can't risk battery leakage any longer. It even happened with a cell having an expiration date as recent as 2014. DURACELL IS DEAD to me.
on November 8, 2012
I received 24 duracell batteries loose in a box with expiration date of 2018. The packaging was opened completely and thrown in there to make it look like new batteries but the package said batteries expired in 2012. Ridiculous. I have no way to test all 24 batteries to see if they work and I'll never know if they are fresh or half used up. I'm going to try to get my money back. Never ordering again from here.
22 comments| 56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 1, 2013
I was specifically looking for Duralock feature as these are for long term storage. These are the standard Duracells, not the Duralock as advertised. Still a good deal, but not what I ordered.
on July 26, 2015
I've been using and recommending Duracell batteries for 40+ years but no more. Either I received fakes from Amazon or Duracell has some serious issues right now. Up until recently I had never had a device damaged by a Duracell even when left unused for several years. They have certainly made up for lost time now as every single electronic device these have been used in over the last two years has been seriously damaged or completely destroyed by leaking cells. This includes the AAA's bought here as well as AA's purchased here and locally. At least one cell in every device has leaked from the end caps with most leaking around the base. Some of the devices damaged are irreplaceable and several remotes cost as much as the entire device they control. Right now Duracell's are in the 'junk battery' category for me and I don't know if I will ever trust them again. On the upside, the Chinese made Maxell's (48 ct. AA's) I bought a year or two ago haven't leaked yet and I'm nearly finished with a 48 count box. Update: Added a pic of an unopened pack leaking with a 2022 date code.
review image review image review image
44 comments| 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 5, 2012
I got what I ordered today (I ordered 2), and they weren't Duracells. They also weren't in 24-piece package, they were 12 4-packs. I'm keeping the batteries, because even for Energizers, the price is worth it, but don't be expecting coppertops. Definitely will not order here again.
on April 25, 2016
I ordered this as it stated made in USA for this package. When they arrived they were in adifferent package made in China, I returned them, went to Wal-mart and bought the correct package made is USA.