on January 17, 2012
Verified Purchase
I have used this generation for two very long power outages over the past six months, one for 6 days, and another for 4 days. I had never felt I had a need for a generator because in the 8+ years were owned our house we seldom lost power, and when we did it was just for a couple of hours. However, this past June we were hit by a tornado and lost power for 3 days, so decided it would be nice to have a generator for our families peace of mind.

Quite frankly I choose the Duracell generator because of Amazon was offering free shipping, and it was a name I had at least heard of before. It turned out to be an excellent decision. I ran this generator continuously during two long blackouts 6 days and 4 days without a hitch. It started quickly (electric start) and was powerful enough to run our refrigerator, as well as our main TV, satellite box, DVD player, modem (we still had phone service- DSL), wireless router, and a computer with no problems at all.

I would recommend this generator to anyone looking for easy back-up power.
on October 24, 2012
Started on first pull right out of the box. Fired up my 275,000 btu bullet heater, and my medium-duty compressor no problem, so very pleased so far. Will update later.

3-month update. Haven't had to really use this yet for an emergency, but I start it once a week for 1/2 hour or so, and fire up some of my other toys with it to make sure nothing goes stale. Put some ethanol conditioner into it. The generator can barely be heard on the second floor while running, so my girlfrind never knows what I'm doing down on the back porch. No trouble so far. Haven't tried an air conditoner yet, but my other stuff works fine. Gas usage seems minimal. Always starts on first pull or crank from the battery.
77 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on May 13, 2013
I got this generator and ended up not using it for nearly three years, as the power did not go out as I expected.

I decided to sell it because my needs changed. After being in storage, I added new fuel and it started right up after about 5 seconds of cranking it over. I did use a fuel stabilizer and loosened the bolt on the bottom of the carburetor to drain any leftover fuel before putting in storage.

I wouldn't charactize this as being 'quiet' however. I don't have experience with any other generator brands, but this thing is basically as loud as a gas powered lawn mower.
on October 9, 2013
Bought this unit brand new out of the box during a storm in Fall last year, now it no longer work.
it said a two year warranty but the manufacturer who built this went out of business. But the service people in Texas is nice enough to help me check out a few things and get it start again. Now I am stuck with a generator with no parts, no warranty.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 2, 2013
I bought a California-compliant version of this generator a few years back. Mine gets a lot of use because I'm off-grid and need to run a gen when clouds cut into my solar output.

I've put hundreds of hours on this puppy. The only things I've had to do so far is to change the oil annually and replace the starter battery once.

I bought it originally as a backup when I found one on sale for a very low price. I didn't expect it to be nearly as reliable and long-lasting as it has been.

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations