5.0 out of 5 stars Great for fire alarms!
Although I'm sure my local fire department will cringe if they read this, I buy these things for our backups for our fire alarms and they last over 4 years! Wow! Now if I buy a knockoff brand, or even Energizer, I can only get 18 months out of them before they start squealing to be replaced. Plus, this 8 battery pack makes it awfully simple to have them around when it...
Published on August 5, 2009 by csm

1.0 out of 5 stars Coated in oil...
The batteries were covered in an oily goo. I couldn't tell if it was from the batteries or not, but some of them were discolored and slightly misshapen. Not what I expect from a brand name battery!
Published on January 7, 2012 by M. McMaster

1.0 out of 5 stars Coated in oil..., January 7, 2012

1.0 out of 5 stars Check expiration date, July 13, 2012
Batteries were purchased in June 2012, but product received had expiration date of Feb 2012. Also they did not arrive in the advertised packaging, so am not sure if they are genuine. Could be good deal but make sure you check the dates when you receive the product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Batteries arrived unpackaged, November 4, 2011
The 4 batteries arrived in 4 small ziplocs rather than in sealed Duracell packaging as shown in the picture. I have no idea if they are new or used.

1.0 out of 5 stars sent me expired batteries -, March 30, 2012
I dont understand why a company would send expired batteries ! they are 4 months past the due date, what good is this? i am requesting a refund and will not buy from this seller again unless they make good on this purchase.

1.0 out of 5 stars Purchased on Amazon. Dripping of battery acid. Duracell copper top -D, 8 count, July 31, 2012
These batteries were purchased on Amazon along with a new Coleman LED lantern, as a gift for my mom. They were put into the lantern, they did work, but the next morning there was battery acid all around the base and in the lantern. I do not know what would be the cause of this, nor the expiration on the batteries, they were sent to my mom in a different state than where I live.

1.0 out of 5 stars Batteries died less than a month after delivery, February 17, 2011
Defective or ancient betteries must have been delivered. The batteries have already been replaced in the tie rack purchased with the batteries. They lasted maybe 3 weeks. You gotta be kidding!

2.0 out of 5 stars fine, but watch the expiration date!, September 26, 2012
These are fine batteries, and they work.
However, they all have an expiration date of beginning of 2015. Not a big deal, but it's late 2012 now, and the package 'guarantees at least 5 years'. Clearly not the case, and they have clearly been sitting around the warehouse a while. Dusty package and all. Now again, they work fine, and the 'early' expiration date is not a problem for me, but I would certainly think twice about accepting these if I was to store for future purposes. These came from Amazon, not a 3rd party vendor.

1.0 out of 5 stars Received drained batteries in open packing, July 30, 2012
DO NOT BUY. THESE ARE DRAINED OUT BATTERIES. THEY ARE NOT IN THE PACKING SHOWN. THEY ARE IN OPEN PACKING. THESE ARE DUDS!!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not in original packaging, August 6, 2012
I can't really review the quality of these batteries yet as I have only used one but I did find it very strange that they didn't come in their original packaging. They were shipped in a relatively loose plastic clam shell container.

2.0 out of 5 stars Was shipped old batteries - not returnable., April 29, 2012
I ordered several years worth of 9 volts for my smoke alarms on Amazon because they were $2 less for 4 than at my local store and came with free shipping. The product page stated in one place that they were guaranteed fresh for 5 years and in another place that they were guaranteed fresh for 7 years, I figured as long as they were good for 5, I could buy 4 years worth.

When the batteries arrived, they had an expiration date of 2.5 years from the time I received them. I called Duracell and they said they were manufactured 2.5 years ago, and that the 9Vs are only good for 5 years.

I contacted Amazon and explained I received 2.5 year old batteries and asked to return them for fresh ones. I got a reply stating that they will investigate the inaccurate information on the product page and correct it so this does not happen to someone else in the future, and that "Health and Beauty" items cannot be returned due to health and safety concerns, and that this is clearly explained on the product detail page.

The product page does not say anything anywhere about the product begin non-returnable, I am quite disappointing in Amazon right now. I am giving 2 stars, because I can still get some use out of the batteries.

Duracell Coppertop C Batteries 8 Count