5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome
I don't know about the other reviewer, but I bought an 8-pack of these batteries at Target and each one of them still tests at over 2600 mah in my MAHA C9000 over a year and many cycles later. The Energizer 2500s I had before are all below 2000 mah now. These do self-discharge rapidly, but as long as you charge them within a week of using them they'll be OK.
Published on October 14, 2009 by J. Baker

1.0 out of 5 stars These came in last place
I was looking for a good rechargeable battery with at least 2000 mAh. I decided to buy eight each of the following three types of batteries:

Duracell DC1500B4N Rechargeable AA NiMH Batteries (2650 mAh)
Powerex AA 2700mAh Rechargeable NiMH Batteries (2700 mAh)
Sanyo Eneloop AA NiMH Pre-Charged Rechargeable Batteries (2000 mAh)

I'm posting...
Published on October 13, 2009 by Steven Hays-Lohrey

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars These came in last place, October 13, 2009
Steven Hays-Lohrey (Northern California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Duracell AA NiMH rechargeable blister pack, 4 per pkg. 2450mAh (Electronics)

Duracell DC1500B4N Rechargeable AA NiMH Batteries (2650 mAh)
Powerex AA 2700mAh Rechargeable NiMH Batteries (2700 mAh)
Sanyo Eneloop AA NiMH Pre-Charged Rechargeable Batteries (2000 mAh)

I'm posting this same review for all three batteries.

I also bought a La Crosse BC-9009 battery charger (which, apart from the manual, is quite excellent). This charger gives you the option to test battery capacity, so I used it on the 24 batteries that I bought. Granted, a sample space of 24 batteries is quite small, but it's good enough.

The Duracells came in at 1547, 1399, 951, 2200, 2220, 2180, 940 and 905 mAh for an average of 58% of rated capacity (avg. 1543 mAh / 2650 mAh).

The Powerex came in at 2620, 2560, 2570, 2630, 2440, 2470, 1318 and 1053 mAh for an average of 82% of rated capacity (avg. 2208 mAh / 2700 mAh).

The Sanyos came in at 1940, 1867, 1931, 1961, 1856, 734, 1786 and 1895 mAh for an average of 87% of rated capacity (avg. 1746 mAh / 2000 mAh).

Although the Sanyos 87% is better than the Powerex's 82%, the powerex comes out better from a cost perspective. The Duracell's were not even in the running.

In September 2009, for 8 batteries, the Duracells cost me $22.22, the Powerexs cost me $25.98 and the Sanyos cost $24.41.

Based on this, the Powerex's cost $1.47 per Ah. The Sanyo's were $1.74 per Ah and the Duracells were $1.80 per Ah.

Given all this, I'd say the Sanyo's were decent, the Duracell's were losers, but when I need more batteries I'll stick with the Powerexs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, October 14, 2009

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your time, May 9, 2013
I bought about 40 of them,(not at Amazon).
If you need high performance batteries, these are not it.
If you like your batteries dead after a week or so or watch them charge
for up to 8 hours then you just struck gold, they are for you.

You would think no research would be required for silly AA batteries, wrong!
I trusted Duracell and my event photo shoot got screwed up, no more Duracell's,
say hello to Eneloop's.

Duracell's customer service said I should have read tech specs on internet as there is
nothing on the package, what a joke.

Cheers,

1.0 out of 5 stars The Worst... 2000 mAH is much better!, January 12, 2010
I previously purchased eight of the 2000 mAH Duracell batteries- the first four came with a charger. Those batteries ROCK! They do not discharge over time, which means you can leave them sitting in a device and expect it to have power when you need it. I expected that these higher powered versions would be the same- WRONG!

I should have known something was fishy since the 2650 mAH are cheaper than the 2000 mAH. The fact is, these 2650's lose their charge VERY rapidly- and when you have a six hour charger- these 2650's quickly become worthless. However, the 2000 mAH versions have been sitting in my external flashes for two weeks- and I can turn it on and it's ready to go.

Why try to save $4 by going with a higher mAH battery that will just drain quicker and might not be there when you need them? Besides, quite honestly, the 2000 mAH have enough power to recycle my flashes very quickly. My mistake was believing that the only difference between the two versions was the higher mAH.

So save yourself a headache and buy the 2000 mAH versions instead. That is, unless you want to be putting these things on the charger every week- because that is how long it takes for them to drain without use.

2.0 out of 5 stars dissapointment, February 3, 2010
I had another set of these rechargeable batteries that lasted well and were great for two years of heavy use. That is why I bought the same brand again. That was a mistake. These do not hold their charge or last nearly as long during use, despite the fact they are supposed to be higher output batteries.
Duracell did not ring my bell!

5.0 out of 5 stars Inaccurate mAh rating (Edit: Fixed after cycling), April 26, 2013
EDIT: After cycling these batteries once more, they all achieved 2400mAh or more. So just be aware when you buy them, you might need to cycle them (one cycle = charge fully, discharge fully, and then charge fully) more than once before they'll meet the rated capacity. This is typical of rechargeable batteries, although I thought that a single test phase with the La Crosse would've done it.

Original review below.

----

I just used the La Crosse BC500 on a pack of these I purchased at a (US) national electronics retail store. I posted a picture from the test (which charged the batteries to max, then fully discharged them, and finally charged them once more). I had even worse results than Steven, with none of the batteries measuring over 1290mAh, and one having only 690mAh capacity.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product.. lasting charge, May 6, 2014
Using in a DSLR and getting a longer charge with these. NIMH is so much better than standard rechargeable batteries!

4.0 out of 5 stars They work, January 22, 2014
Swtiched back to these after buying the amazon generic. They just hold a charge better for more uses. They aren't a miracle in rechargeable batteries, but they work charge after charge.

1.0 out of 5 stars Lose their charge too quickly..., December 15, 2013
These are the worst rechargeable batteries I have owned in terms of durability and ability to keep a charge.
Recommend Sanyo Eneloops. Have not tried Duracell's new "staycharged" / Duralock line.

2.0 out of 5 stars More MHA isn't necessarily better, October 13, 2013
I thought that a higher MHA rating meant a better battery, but these discharge way more quickly than 2400 or 2450 MHA duracell batteries.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›